It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

almost beat darksouls then i got stabed in the back time for try #407
As planned, finished Tomb Raider (2013 edition) a couple of minutes ago.

All in all, it was a really great game. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider games, mainly I think because before that one I just watched a friend playing the very first one on PC and it looked boring (or at least it was not my type of game back then).

So, I picked it up reluctantly on a Steam sale. And that was a very good choice !! Looking back at it, I wouldn't have minded to pay it a couple of $ more than what I paid, it was really worth it.

Crisp-looking visuals (special bonus for the no-interface! Now that's immersion !), flawless controls, interesting story (even if it was very "hollywood" in a pop-corn action movie way, but with the right meaning of it)... Really, a good game.

My only gripes are maybe that some quicktime event parts might have been even better if I had more control about how to launch them, or maybe another way to play that part. But that's a minor gripe. Maybe also the end (which I won't reveal here of course) was a little bit "not enough", compared to the rest of the game, action-wise, but how well. ^_^

I finished it at 81%, I don't know yet if I will go back for a 100% run or not.

So far in 2013 :

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
January

1. Chainsaw Warrior

February

2. Broken Age
3. Lord of the Rings: War in the North

March

April

4. Worms 2

May

5. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
6. Doom: The Roguelike
7. Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition

June

July

8. Kingdom of Amalur

August

9. Deponia
10. Path of Exile
11. Halo
12. Surgeon Simulator 2013

September

October

13.Project Gotham Racing 4
14. Killing Floor
15.Dwarfs?!

November

December

16. Shadow Warrior Complete
17. The Stanley Parable
18. Deponia 2
19. Orion Dino Horde
20. Papers Please
Post edited December 30, 2014 by Ralackk
2014 ;)
xa_chan: As planned, finished Tomb Raider (2013 edition) a couple of minutes ago.

All in all, it was a really great game. I've never been a fan of Tomb Raider games, mainly I think because before that one I just watched a friend playing the very first one on PC and it looked boring (or at least it was not my type of game back then).

So, I picked it up reluctantly on a Steam sale. And that was a very good choice !! Looking back at it, I wouldn't have minded to pay it a couple of $ more than what I paid, it was really worth it.

Crisp-looking visuals (special bonus for the no-interface! Now that's immersion !), flawless controls, interesting story (even if it was very "hollywood" in a pop-corn action movie way, but with the right meaning of it)... Really, a good game.

My only gripes are maybe that some quicktime event parts might have been even better if I had more control about how to launch them, or maybe another way to play that part. But that's a minor gripe. Maybe also the end (which I won't reveal here of course) was a little bit "not enough", compared to the rest of the game, action-wise, but how well. ^_^

I finished it at 81%, I don't know yet if I will go back for a 100% run or not.

So far in 2013 :

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2014/post132
I finished that one too. Ian, in his infinite kindness and generosity, gifted it to me. And I was shockingly surprised at how much I loved that game.

I tend to play games until I'm bored with them and then move on. I don't need a game with an ending, b/c I rarely reach it. But when a game grabs a hold of you and goes for such a pleasant ride as Tomb Raider, I don't know how not to finish it.

Have you tried multiplayer? I played it for a while and it's really not bad at all. Nothing to write home about, but it was yet another pleasant surprise.

I'm hoping the sequel to this Tomb Raider has more-involved tombs. I appreciated the one-puzzle tombs that littered the world, but I would have loved a few very complicated and long optional tombs to really challenge the late-game player.
Tallima: I finished that one too. Ian, in his infinite kindness and generosity, gifted it to me. And I was shockingly surprised at how much I loved that game.

I tend to play games until I'm bored with them and then move on. I don't need a game with an ending, b/c I rarely reach it. But when a game grabs a hold of you and goes for such a pleasant ride as Tomb Raider, I don't know how not to finish it.

Have you tried multiplayer? I played it for a while and it's really not bad at all. Nothing to write home about, but it was yet another pleasant surprise.

I'm hoping the sequel to this Tomb Raider has more-involved tombs. I appreciated the one-puzzle tombs that littered the world, but I would have loved a few very complicated and long optional tombs to really challenge the late-game player.
No, I haven't tried multiplayer. To be honest, I'm not much interested into multiplayer games, except when you can play the storyline on multiplayer (like Borderlands games did). And I'm not sure how Lara would fare in multiplayer... ^_^ I see more Tomb Raider as a solo game than as a multi game, so...

But I agree with you: longer tombs would be nice in a next installment of the series! :)
List

4) White Day: A Labyrinth Named School

Now, I've actually played this game before, but that was in it's early stages with the translation patch, and I only got the worst ending. This time, the translation was much cleaner and a few bugs were ironed out. Plus, I managed to get the Dandelion ending (second best).

White Day is a Korean horror game in which you go through a high school trying to find a way out and avoid the negative spirits haunting the place all while trying to give a box of chocolates to your crush, So Yeong. There are no weapons in the game (with the exception of a bottle of acid used for a single boss battle), so your only defense in evasion and hiding. While most of the spirits are there only for shock value, the possessed Janitors will pursue and kill you, and ghostly heads will send your heart racing in an attempt to give you a heart-attack (possible in the game thanks to a heart-rate feature).

However, what really makes this game shine are the sheer amount of dialogue paths (literally every dialogue choice has a different response and consequence) which lead to the 5 endings in the game, as well as the written ghost stories within the game (which are like a mixture of Grimm fairy tales and creepypasta).

Unfortunately, a poorly coded Janitor which hones in on you as if he can see through walls and can clip through closed doors if he tries long enough, makes the game constantly frustrating. In addition to the Janitor, level 3 has a game-breaking ghost that resides in certain classrooms will throw you out of the map on contact.

Though there's a lot of frustration, it is nothing compared to Rule of Rose, and the stories and experience are imo worth the pain you'll experience. I definitely recommend it to any horror fan. You can find it on indiedb as a free download.
Tallima: Have you tried multiplayer? I played it for a while and it's really not bad at all. Nothing to write home about, but it was yet another pleasant surprise.
From what I've seen it's just a PVP arena?
Tallima: Have you tried multiplayer? I played it for a while and it's really not bad at all. Nothing to write home about, but it was yet another pleasant surprise.
Leroux: From what I've seen it's just a PVP arena?
Yes. It's not a great multiplayer experience, but it was worth several hours of fun for me. I thought it was a nice add-on to play around with, but certainly not a great stand-alone experience. It had a few fun tweaks to gameplay that I hadn't played before -- a combo of the Call of Duty dogtags (I think -- I haven't played it but heard of it) and capture points was just a good playground for a while.

It's no Halo or Battlefield for multiplayer.
Bulletstorm a fun game that i thought i might not have enjoyed although hate the ending.
StarTopia

I will start with complains:
- Terrible UI. You can get used to it relatively easily but it doesn't change the fact that it's bad. Camera control, building, hiring... pretty much everything.
- The environment is extremely boring. I get it, it's supposed to be the space station but it's the very same station every single mission! And a dull one too! Just a few completely empty segments with three different decks. OK, bio decks are diverse but you don't spend much time there. Would that be a problem to make a different station for each mission? I don't think so.
- The combat is messy. Obviously the game was not designed for it, there are only two missions where you are supposed to use brutal force. It's hard to see any strategy in it. It's just tedious and frustrating. I didn't enjoy those two missions much because of it.
- My biggest complain: More than half of a short campaign (only 10 missions!) is actually an advanced tutorial. First six missions are just focused on one type of a task: healing, researching, farming... you can almost forget about everything else, just focus on this single objective. Only the last four mission more or less combine everything. And because of it it seems that this short campaign is even shorter. By the time you are really into the game is already over. Shame.

But even with those flaws the game is great and I had a real blast playing it. The gameplay is really complex, you have to think carefully which is better: hiring a few more aliens or building a new facility? Occupying a new sector or researching? Focus on trading or trying to produce everything by yourself? Yeah, I love those choices! That's where the game shines! I can wholeheartedly recommend it!

Full list
Jack Lumber

Another game I bought as part of the Humble PC & Android Bundle 8.

A simple game where your objective is to destroy those evil trees responsible for the death of your granny. Down with the trees! Anyway, in this game you chop, chop and chop some more. Satisfying and simple, a perfect little timewaster that can be thoroughly entertaining in doses. Not bad at all for a game that I had never heard before.

Another game for my list. Mind you, it's still very hungry.
Finished my second playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins, it's my most-played game of 2013, with 2 characters that finished it and 8 still campaigning. Pity the game is so easy by now even on nightmare it ain't a challenge now I know the game well. The final battle was more battling against CTD's than battling the final boss. I completed the game by turning down the graphic details to medium after 5 crashes or so. And I thought my Radeon HD 6670 was good enough for the job.
I just finished Ossuary. What an odd game :)
JudasIscariot: I just finished Ossuary. What an odd game :)
Interesting. You have access to every GOG game, yet you only seem to be playing non-GOG games.