It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just finished Antichamber.
Quick review - Ehhhhh.... Alright... I guess?

Long review - A really interesting game, with plenty of interesting concepts. It starts out really fun, and a bit mindblowing. When you find a new tool, and discover its new abilities, the game becomes a little more interesting and fun - but that new fun doesn't last long, and it becomes a bit of a grind. Some of the puzzles are fun to figure out, some are kinda arbitrary and frustrating. I rage-quit really hard three or four times, and looked for hints or walkthroughs. The atmosphere feels a bit like Portal, but is much more cold and boring.
Perhaps the biggest problem I had with Antichamber is that I rarely felt like I was accomplishing anything. There was very little incentive to keep me playing, other than to just finish it. And I was extremely disappointed upon finishing it.
The game felt really uneven to me. It starts out awesome, then gets boring, gets fun again when you find a new tool, gets boring again, repeat.
Still, it was a really interesting experience, and I am glad that I played it. Would I play it again? I lean towards yes. Perhaps I'll give it another go next year, when I don't remember everything, but remember just enough to not be frustrated.
The price ($20) is a bit high, in my opinion. This felt closer to a proof of concept than a full game, and should be given a price to reflect that. I was able to buy it for about $7, which I am happy with.
According to Steam, my playtime was about 10 hours.
Beaten Gemini Rue.

It was OK. The writing and puzzles didn't quite match the quality of the visuals -- it definitely felt like it could've been better if they spent more time on it.
Mass Effect. For all of the problems I have with this game (most in relation to the sequels, which I think are just slightly better), it is still fantastic. Once I get into the groove of things, I just can't help but love it. There aren't many surprises anymore--I guess that happens when you've played a game seven times--but that doesn't matter. I still get chills during the last battle. I only wish you got to keep all of the money at the start of Mass Effect 2; I'd have over six million credits (which is rather ridiculous, but whatever). Now, on to ME2.
Daedalus1138: Mass Effect. For all of the problems I have with this game (most in relation to the sequels, which I think are just slightly better), it is still fantastic. Once I get into the groove of things, I just can't help but love it. There aren't many surprises anymore--I guess that happens when you've played a game seven times--but that doesn't matter. I still get chills during the last battle. I only wish you got to keep all of the money at the start of Mass Effect 2; I'd have over six million credits (which is rather ridiculous, but whatever). Now, on to ME2.
This is gonna be the ride of your life, bro! :D I just love the ME series, have fun!! =)

I have finished playing Limbo yesterday.
It's a really great and unusual game, the atmosphere is very enticing! A game that makes you ponder....
The mechanics are really cool and it may be a bit tricky to figure out some stuff, but you can usually do it through trial and error. I did check out a walkthrough at some points, because I really wanted to get to the end, but I guess I could have figured it out on my own with a little more time!
I can only recommend this game to everybody who looks for a rather unusual game! And why the hell isn't this on GOG?! Vote for it if you want to see it on GOG!!
Beaten Police Quest 4.

Kind of glad they didn't make any more Police Quest games after this. It was starting to grow patches of mold where the series used to be spotless.
OK lets see...

Ultima 1
Ultima 6
Ultima 7 black gate only
Skyrim
The Cat Lady
Driftmoon
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis
Monkey Island 1 and 2
Space Quest 5
L.A. Noire
The Bards Tale

Probably a few more I don't remember...

Spent the summer on EQ2
WOO! I just finished Heretic Kingdoms about 3 minutes ago :D
JudasIscariot: WOO! I just finished Heretic Kingdoms about 3 minutes ago :D
So you played it all in one session, or what? Saw you talking about in another thread :D
JudasIscariot: WOO! I just finished Heretic Kingdoms about 3 minutes ago :D
Reever: So you played it all in one session, or what? Saw you talking about in another thread :D
I played it the last two days with some breaks in between :D

edit: I also didn't go to an optional area near the end of the game because I was already tearing through the game on Hard with the attunements I had going :)
Post edited December 25, 2013 by JudasIscariot
Looks like the last one for me this year is Trine. I just finished it.
I only was able to play it solo, because I don't have any friends within 200 miles, but it was still great fun. A pleasant little game with really fun puzzles and mechanics, and the physics were very fun to play around with. I especially had a lot of fun using the Thief's grappling hook.
The graphics are really beautiful, as is the soundtrack.
Nothing really bad to say about the game. I guess the lack of variety in enemies got a little bit boring, but it isn't too bad.
Playtime was 6.5 hours according to Steam. Time well spent.

I got 2 of 32 achievements - the one for finishing the first chapter, and the one for finishing the last chapter :)
Tomb Raider (2013)

I can see why some people complain about the on-rails / QTE / etc, but to me it was one amazing game / movie / experience / what have you.
Finished Saints Row 3 the other day - what a fun and wacky game that is. Smacking people in the face with a purple dildo, stealing cars and blowing up shit just never gets old - at least not for the first 45 hours anyway. Fun GTA clone that doesn't take itself so seriously (like GTA does these days).
JudasIscariot: I played it the last two days with some breaks in between :D

edit: I also didn't go to an optional area near the end of the game because I was already tearing through the game on Hard with the attunements I had going :)
So how is it in comparison to other games in genre? Is there challenge in it? You say you were tearing through it but was it just endgame thing or long-term experience?
Finished Leisure Suit Larry 5 yesterday

Tried to Edit that "all-in-one" post I had earlier in this thread and the forum ate it.
Can't remember everyone but
tomb raider 2013
avernum the last one
inquisitor
the cat lady
and so many more but i cant remember right now