It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nightgoat99: I like posting to my backloggery profile after I beat a game. Even if no one but me sees it, it gives me an incentive to finish, instead of just buying more games. Anyone else use backloggery?
Ghorpm: I do: http://backloggery.com/Ghorpm
So it happens that today is my backloggiversary :D But I must warn you that my page is pretty messy. I keep it because I like to browse my unfinished games when I want to pick something new to play. Sometimes I see a game that I've already finished some time ago so I change its status and thus the date can be totally wrong. For example you can see that recently I've marked three 4X as beaten and there is no way you can do it in 72 h (I've played them for months!). I usually neglect "now playing" list too.

The second reason I like backloggery is that I can write a few words about each game I finish. It helps a lot because by reading this later I can immediately remember how was the game. My memory is like that - it's very good but sometimes needs a little nudge to recall everything with a clarity. Those few sentences do the trick and hence I try to write a short comment for every game I finish.
Happy backlogiversary! I'm new to the GoG forums, so I wasn't sure about posting links, but here's mine: [url=]http://backloggery.com/backdoorloggins[/url]

I stopped posting new games that I buy, because who has time for all that? Now I just post when I beat a game. I see you're playing BG2. I have had it in my GoG inventory for a long time, but never got past the tutorial. I am actually downloading BG1 right now and plan to start that for the first time tonight. I'll add you to my backloggery multi-tap. Cheers!

EDIT: hmmm.... my link just links back to this post. Maybe I don't have enough rep to post links? I guess I'll go read the forum noob FAQ's.
Post edited November 21, 2013 by nightgoat99
Muttala: .
I'd really love to see that game on gog. I've played everything from Caesar III to Zeus and it's time that I'll play this too.
nightgoat99: I see you're playing BG2. I have had it in my GoG inventory for a long time, but never got past the tutorial. I am actually downloading BG1 right now and plan to start that for the first time tonight.
Now, that's a funny story with Baldur's Gate. It took me slightly more than one year to beat the first game and I expect it'll take no less for the second. Don't get me wrong - I do love this game. But I play just a bit then take a long break. I think last time I actually played BG2 was several months ago. But as I mentioned earlier my memory is very good and I don't have any problems with. I still remember perfectly what happened in the first chapter, who is in my team, what should I do next and so on. Why I play it like that? I have no idea. But it works perfectly so why should I bother? ;)

nightgoat99: I'll add you to my backloggery multi-tap. Cheers!
Just give me some time, I have to figure out what's that (I don't think I ever used this feature)
blotunga: I'd really love to see that game on gog. I've played everything from Caesar III to Zeus and it's time that I'll play this too.
Ditto! I've never played Emperor and I'd love to!
Post edited November 21, 2013 by Ghorpm
blotunga: I'd really love to see that game on gog. I've played everything from Caesar III to Zeus and it's time that I'll play this too.
You will find it right at home, you can share your save game with us :)
Post edited November 22, 2013 by Muttala
nightgoat99: I like posting to my backloggery profile after I beat a game. Even if no one but me sees it, it gives me an incentive to finish, instead of just buying more games. Anyone else use backloggery?
I can't be bothered to go through all my games and add them to backloggery. And then keep it updated with every new game / bundle I pick up >_<

I just post the games I beat here. My 2013 list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post95

I also started keeping a google doc of games I've beaten in the past couple years.
Post edited November 22, 2013 by kalirion
Leisure Suit Larry 1 (VGA) - In the Land of the Lounge Lizards (22nd November 10:40pm)

You got to love Larry and you got to love the ending with the sales pitch
Assassin's Creed Revelations finished today. That's my 4th AC game finished in 2013. ACR is the worst of the series but still a decent game.
And done with Empire total war. finally beat the campaign on med settings. conquered whole world. just need achievements to register for europe and america...
Just Finished
A New Beginning - Final Cut
And was very pleasantly surprised - a point and click adventure about environmentalism really has no right being as good as this
If Deponia was Daedalic's Monkey Island then A New Beginning is their 'The Dig', with a similar Hard Sci-Fi approach and archeological / mystery investigation atmosphere
Because most of the puzzles were Earth logic and not Moon logic based it was a bit easy in places (except the Binoculars cut away puzzle near the end - that was bullshit, skippable though) but still did a good job of making you feel smart when you progressed
It waz gud
da end

Full list: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post107
Post edited November 22, 2013 by Fever_Discordia
Finished Torchlight II. Very pleasantly surprised, as I feared it would really be a "Torchlight I" with better visuals. But it was not, some game mechanics were revamped and I especially enjoyed the variations between large outdoor areas and relatively small indoor areas.

So, Torchlight II will stay on my shelf because, unlike many other games, I can see myself coming back to it for short play sessions with my current character or even for a new game + game, which i almost never do. That's how good Torchlight II is to me! ^_^

So far in 2013: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_finished_in_2013/post31
Duke Nukem I+II

You know, I find it pretty weird that PC games were once graphically inferior than the consoles. Duke Nukem I was released on 1991 when SNES already had Super Mario World as a launch title.

So anyway, Duke Nukem I. It was okay. Reminded me a lot of the Commander Keen games. However, it had a limited color palette, no music, a strange scrolling effect where items and enemies would appear out of nowhere, it was kinda repetitive and it only has one weapon. Still, I liked looking around to find the keys and the exit. It was an enjoyable little title that you could play in small doses.

As for Duke Nukem II, it ramped up the difficulty considerably. You couldn't just rush in the game. Health packs were more limited. Enemies were more plentiful and considerably more annoying and harder to kill. Still, it was better looking, had more than one weapons, and it had music. And some of it was kickass, like the song inspired by Megadeth's Skin o' My Teeth. Listen to it.

In a nutshell, both games were fine. They have aged so-so, certainly not as well as the Mario and other Nintendo platformers. Still, they can be fun games. And trolling too, especially when you realize that you can accidentally destroy the soda cans (the aforementioned health). And each of them is a better game than Duke Nukem Forever.

And for my list.
Post edited November 23, 2013 by Grargar
Just finished Rage just then. My first game ive finished this year :).
nijuu: Just finished Rage just then. My first game ive finished this year :).
Any tips on getting the game not running like poop?
Borderlands, as well as Island of Dr. Ned DLC

I enjoyed it, I think I actually enjoyed the DLC more. Some of the running / driving back and forth across the same levels to complete the sidequests grew old though.... I tried the Underdome DLC, and not really feeling it, so I think I'll take a break from BL for now and finish the remaining 3 DLC that came with GOTY at a future date.
Well i ran it on a 8gb ram/Intel G850/HD5670 on medium settings....No idea about framerates