It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
https://www.origin.com/store/battlefield/battlefield-1/expansion/battlefield-1-turning-tides
there needs to be a spin off thread about temporary give away events then, there's already ninja giveaway thread so there need to be a proper thread that 99% of the people that come here expect this thread to be.
Battlefield 4™ Second Assault (DLC) is temporary free on Origin

https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/battlefield/battlefield-4/expansion/battlefield-4-second-assault

Note: Requires you have Battlefield 4™ on Origin to play this expansion.
Post edited June 27, 2018 by bigboss-62
drmike: Well that answers my question about how many links one can stick in a post.
BlackThorny: Actually there were a couple more links at some point, but I refined the list a bit to feature more note worthy* titles...
* All titles are either relevant to sale as they have a discount applied to them, even if no price present, part of a bundle (with other games that seem to cost money), limited time offering or have some value or peculiarity to them.
Actually I was being serious. In one of the recent giveaway threads, I had raised the question as it appears a number of links was required to answer the giveaway.

I guess you just had to be there. :)
hamutestaccount: Hallo everybody.

First of all, thank you ALL for being nice, helpful and generous by giving away spare keys for free to single users.

BUT
The purpose of this thread is to inform other players about ongoing EVENTS where free keys are given to EVERYBODY for a limited time on sites like gog, Steam, Uplay, EA Origin and so on.

Please keep that in mind when you wonder why some posts are low rated.

Cheers
finkleroy: OMFG do we REALLY have to have this conversation again for the 10000000th time? The OP clearly states that this thread is for the following, and I quote:

Since it is getting a bit crowded here is one central topic for free (temporary) keys giveaways.
Also feel free to post/share any spare keys for those that don't have Facebook or missed it.
finkleroy: We just had this conversation, and I'm sick of having it over and over and over again because people can't be bothered to read the OP.
Some of us have read the OP and simply disagree with it. There is the Ninja Giveaway Thread 2.0 which already cater to people who want to get rid of spare keys quickly, so it's really not necessary to dump them here as well.

And yes, I'm also tired of this conversation, I just have the opposite point of view to you.
finkleroy: OMFG do we REALLY have to have this conversation again for the 10000000th time? The OP clearly states that this thread is for the following, and I quote:

We just had this conversation, and I'm sick of having it over and over and over again because people can't be bothered to read the OP.
MightyPinecone: Some of us have read the OP and simply disagree with it. There is the Ninja Giveaway Thread 2.0 which already cater to people who want to get rid of spare keys quickly, so it's really not necessary to dump them here as well.

And yes, I'm also tired of this conversation, I just have the opposite point of view to you.
I just want to say one last thing to this. After careful consideration I'd say what chevkoch said earlier is probably the correct way to see this (you convinced me chevkoch). In general this is only meant as a thread for posting giveaway events both from other sites as well as here on GOG. In addition to this leftover spare keys from said giveaways (so not all keys) might be posted here as well. Problem is that people are posting all kind of keys here as well as requesting keys and this way I'd have to agree this is becoming more and more a gifting thread for keys for which we already have not just one (The Ninja Giveaway Thread) but several threads (The GOG community Gifting thread is basically the same).
MightyPinecone: Some of us have read the OP and simply disagree with it. There is the Ninja Giveaway Thread 2.0 which already cater to people who want to get rid of spare keys quickly, so it's really not necessary to dump them here as well.

Really? What is my view? All I did was quote the OP and express frustration that we're having the same conversation we just had because people can't be bothered to scroll up and read it. I guess you could say that it's my opinion that the thread is about what the OP states the thread is about, but I thought that was just how forums operate. Somebody starts a thread, explains what the thread is about, and then that's what the thread is about.

I understand that some people are frustrated that the thread is being used for exactly the purposes that were outlined n the OP because they want the OP to say something different. Is there any way we can vote on what we want the OP to say and then if enough people want it to be edited to say that this thread is only for telling people about giveaways, can we have a blue edit it for us? If not, everyone is going to have to come to terms with the fact that people are going to read the OP, see what the thread is for, and then use it for said purposes. We can pronounce that this thread is only for telling people about giveaways all we want, but as long as the OP says that it's also for giving away keys to people who missed the giveaways, it's going to also be used for that purpose, and rightly so.

Basic forum etiquette states that before you post in a thread, you're supposed to read the OP to see what the thread is about, and read any rules, if applicable. There's nothing in there about reading through the most recent few hundred posts to see if everyone has come to a general consensus that the thread should be for something other than what was stated in the OP. I understand why people are downrepped for asking for keys or for giving keys that weren't part of a giveaway which has now ended, but people should absolutely not be downrepped for using this thread for exactly the purposes that were outlined in the OP.

If we do end up voting on whether or not to have a blue edit the OP to state that this thread is only for telling people about giveaways, I'll vote in favor of it, because I think that this thread should only be for that purpose, but until then, this thread is for what was outlined in the OP, whether we like it or not.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by finkleroy
Maybe we should ask the OP to change the OP and redirect single keys to the ninja thread.
Engerek01: Maybe we should ask the OP to change the OP and redirect single keys to the ninja thread.
That's a good idea in theory, but in the year or so that I've been active on the forum, I haven't seen lugum post anywhere.
Engerek01: Maybe we should ask the OP to change the OP and redirect single keys to the ninja thread.
finkleroy: That's a good idea in theory, but in the year or so that I've been active on the forum, I haven't seen lugum post anywhere.
Doesn't seem like there was any activity in a long time, yeah, but there may be reasons...
I just wanna say that if anything is to be modified, then the wording of the title is probably worth some consideration as well, since not everyone reads the OP.

"Free keys giveaway" can indeed sound a bit like something about individual key donations, at least to me. And I would guess that's why not a few people just come here and donate their keys. Maybe there can be a clearer title for this thread?

EDIT: maybe something like "info for promo keys giveaway"? With the word "promo", it sounds less like some individual donations, IMO.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by Makotolia

finkleroy: Really? What is my view? All I did was quote the OP and express frustration that we're having the same conversation we just had because people can't be bothered to scroll up and read it. I guess you could say that it's my opinion that the thread is about what the OP states the thread is about, but I thought that was just how forums operate. Somebody starts a thread, explains what the thread is about, and then that's what the thread is about.
That was exactly what I thought was your point of view, so why get so angry about it? It was pretty clear from what you wrote in your previous post. And I've already said that I disagree with it in this instance, despite the fact that the OP usually sets the rules, for reasons I've already explained. We're at an impasse.
MightyPinecone: That was exactly what I thought was your point of view, so why get so angry about it? It was pretty clear from what you wrote in your previous post. And I've already said that I disagree with it in this instance, despite the fact that the OP usually sets the rules, for reasons I've already explained. We're at an impasse.
So it's your opinion that it's my opinion that the way that forums work is that the OP explains what the thread is for? That's not an opinion; it's a fact. That's how forums work. That's how they're supposed to work. As I said, I think the OP should be edited to say that this thread is only for informing people of giveaways. If you can't understand that explaining how forums work is stating fact, not opinion, then we are, indeed, at an impasse. Also, who's getting "so angry"?
Post edited June 28, 2018 by finkleroy
low rated
Please try to calm down a bit, guys. No need to let some misunderstandings ruin your day. If you sit back and think it over slowly, it's probably not that serious a difference between your opinions; and even if it is, the hard feelings caused by it usually aren't really worth it...

Let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by Makotolia
A free??? game infested with Denuvo:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit on Steam

Warning: This title uses 3rd-party DRM (Denuvo Anti-tamper)