It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
Makotolia: Please try to calm down a bit, guys. No need to let some misunderstandings ruin your day. If you sit back and think it over slowly, it's probably not that serious a difference between your opinions; and even if it is, the hard feelings caused by it usually aren't really worth it...

(religious propaganda)
Again, I'm not angry. Having said that, the best way to get me angry is to quote religious propaganda. There is no place for that here. Some people don't want to hear specific religious propaganda because they want to hear other religious propaganda, and some people, like myself, don't want to hear any at all. The best way to not offend or anger people is to not quote it at all. Please take it somewhere else, like a forum about religion or something.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by finkleroy
low rated
gixgox: A free??? game infested with Denuvo:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit on Steam

Warning: This title uses 3rd-party DRM (Denuvo Anti-tamper)
I can't begin to understand the logic of putting Denuvo in a free game that's in the same world as a game that's never had Denuvo (Life is Strange) and another game that had it when the first episode was released, but was removed when the second episode was released (Life is Strange: Before the Storm). Apparently Square Enix thinks that it would be absolutely horrible if people could play this game for free instead of paying them the $0.00 they demand from us.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by finkleroy
low rated
finkleroy: I can't begin to understand the logic of putting Denuvo in a free game that's in the same world as a game that's never had Denuvo (Life is Strange) and another game that had it when the first episode was released, but was removed when the second episode was released (Life is Strange: Before the Storm). Apparently Square Enix thinks that it would be absolutely horrible if people could play this game for free instead of paying them the $0.00 they demand from us.
Maybe for testing purpose ?
Makotolia: Please try to calm down a bit, guys. No need to let some misunderstandings ruin your day. If you sit back and think it over slowly, it's probably not that serious a difference between your opinions; and even if it is, the hard feelings caused by it usually aren't really worth it...

(religious propaganda)
finkleroy: Again, I'm not angry. Having said that, the best way to get me angry is to quote religious propaganda. There is no place for that here. Some people don't want to hear specific religious propaganda because they want to hear other religious propaganda, and some people, like myself, don't want to hear any at all. The best way to not offend or anger people is to not quote it at all. Please take it somewhere else, like a forum about religion or something.
Well, at least it's helpful to find out among which group of people you are, and that helps to avoid future troubles.

As for the quote, if someone's being so kind to confirm that it's against any rule of the forum, I will definitely remove them; yet if they are not, I'd prefer just leave them be. Since I myself see and hear all kinds of stuff that's unpleasant to me all day, yet they are still there, not getting taken back just because I don't like them. I guess we all need to get used to it - just ignore it if you don't like something.

Besides, I don't really think the content of it is that "religious" anyway. It sounds more like some "words of wisdom" I'd say. You seem to be angered merely by its origin. I will remove the origin for now. What I really wanted to express was its content part anyway. Merely expressing an idea that you are agree with isn't necessarily offensive, I believe?
Post edited June 28, 2018 by Makotolia
low rated
finkleroy: Again, I'm not angry. Having said that, the best way to get me angry is to quote religious propaganda. There is no place for that here. Some people don't want to hear specific religious propaganda because they want to hear other religious propaganda, and some people, like myself, don't want to hear any at all. The best way to not offend or anger people is to not quote it at all. Please take it somewhere else, like a forum about religion or something.
This liberal snowflake got *TRIGGERED* .
You should not trigger and say how offended you are in Gog forum. You should rant in one of liberal, anti-fa forums.

Life tip: life has no trigger warnings.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by Wishmaster777
It seems that I was being a lousy peacemaker...

Anyone so kind (and competent, in contrary to me) that care to stop the dispute here or at least direct it into a more constructive atmosphere? (Or is it that I'm actually making it worse by trying to improve the situation?)
gixgox: A free??? game infested with Denuvo:

The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit on Steam

Warning: This title uses 3rd-party DRM (Denuvo Anti-tamper)
finkleroy: I can't begin to understand the logic of putting Denuvo in a free game that's in the same world as a game that's never had Denuvo (Life is Strange) and another game that had it when the first episode was released, but was removed when the second episode was released (Life is Strange: Before the Storm). Apparently Square Enix thinks that it would be absolutely horrible if people could play this game for free instead of paying them the $0.00 they demand from us.
There's a possible logical explanation for this one. I guess the game had Denuvo when it was not free and now they decided to give it away for free. However removing any DRM would cost additional time and manpower and why bother at all since the game is now free and people probably won't be bothered about Denuvo now that it is free. This however could only be the case if the game was not free when it was released. It's just a theory of mine without looking closer at the game in question.

Regarding the suggestion to edit the OP or the thread title (no matter if might be a good or a bad idea):
In my experience GOG would only do this if the person responsible for the post or thread title would give them permission to do so. It's the same with deleting posts (I once tried this myself). So since it does not seem to be possible to contact this user (btw: @Cavalary I am amazed how good you are with the bad GOG search function of this forum ;)) I guess it's hard to actually do this at all.
Makotolia: It seems that I was being a lousy peacemaker...

Anyone so kind (and competent, in contrary to me) that care to stop the dispute here or at least direct it into a more constructive atmosphere? (Or is it that I'm actually making it worse by trying to improve the situation?)
Well, you tried. In some cases the best way to get back to a more constructive way is to simnply stay out of it after a while. I'd say this is the case here, since every single post discussing this matter (even this one here - so sorry again - but that's the last time: promised!) is one post less in which people would simply post their free giveaway events. Therefore people searching for them have to scroll more and search more for those things they are expecting to be here in this thread. Every single post not containing links to giveaway events or leftover codes of such events would simply be OT. So better just end the discussion completely :)
Post edited June 28, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: (btw: @Cavalary I am amazed how good you are with the bad GOG search function of this forum ;))
Quite easy: Don't use it, google it with site:gog.com/forum :)
MarkoH01: There's a possible logical explanation for this one. I guess the game had Denuvo when it was not free and now they decided to give it away for free. However removing any DRM would cost additional time and manpower and why bother at all since the game is now free and people probably won't be bothered about Denuvo now that it is free. This however could only be the case if the game was not free when it was released. It's just a theory of mine without looking closer at the game in question.
The game was released free... 3 days ago.
low rated
MarkoH01: There's a possible logical explanation for this one. I guess the game had Denuvo when it was not free and now they decided to give it away for free. However removing any DRM would cost additional time and manpower and why bother at all since the game is now free and people probably won't be bothered about Denuvo now that it is free. This however could only be the case if the game was not free when it was released. It's just a theory of mine without looking closer at the game in question.
Grargar: The game was released free... 3 days ago.
There goes my theory ....
I put that game into my wishlist when it came out.
In case there already was that big red Denuvo warning, I would never have done that.

But I can't swear to that, I might have been dazzled by the sales hype.
low rated
Wishmaster777: This liberal snowflake got *TRIGGERED* .
You should not trigger and say how offended you are in Gog forum. You should rant in one of liberal, anti-fa forums.

Life tip: life has no trigger warnings.
It's incredible that extremist right-wing fascists like you can't wrap your tiny little minds around the extremely basic, obvious fact that not everyone on the internet wants to hear the same religious propaganda, and some people on the internet don't want to hear any religious propaganda at all. Life tip: Not everyone is an extremist right-wing fascist douchebag like you who gets triggered, spazzes out and projects onto someone else the fact that they're a pathetic little snowflake who has a major meltdown when it's pointed out that not everyone on the internet is christian. This is the GOG forum, not a forum for bible verse quotes or extremist neo-nazi propaganda. Either grow up or take that shit elsewhere and leave decent people in peace, because nobody here wants to hear it.
Makotolia: Well, at least it's helpful to find out among which group of people you are, and that helps to avoid future troubles.

As for the quote, if someone's being so kind to confirm that it's against any rule of the forum, I will definitely remove them; yet if they are not, I'd prefer just leave them be. Since I myself see and hear all kinds of stuff that's unpleasant to me all day, yet they are still there, not getting taken back just because I don't like them. I guess we all need to get used to it - just ignore it if you don't like something.

Besides, I don't really think the content of it is that "religious" anyway. It sounds more like some "words of wisdom" I'd say. You seem to be angered merely by its origin. I will remove the origin for now. What I really wanted to express was its content part anyway. Merely expressing an idea that you are agree with isn't necessarily offensive, I believe?
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that everyone on the internet is christian, and therefore you can try to find some common ground with them by quoting bible verses. This is incorrect. The bible says some extremely offensive things, and therefore quoting it is not acceptable decorum. It states that women are not even people, but rather the property of their husbands, and that they have a lower social status than donkeys. it also states that if you see your neighbor working on the sabbath, it's your duty to murder him. It also says that it's your duty to murder homosexuals. I could go on, but I don't think I need to. Suffice it to say that decent people do not want to hear quotes from such a book.

TL;DR: Religion and politics are contentious issues, which is why it's best not to bring them up. They cause heated arguments, and we don't need that here. This is not the place for that, so please take your bible verse quotes and your extremist right-wing lunacy elsewhere. This is a thread for informing people of free game giveaways, for fuck's sake. Grow up and don't hijack it for your religious and/or political purposes.
Post edited June 29, 2018 by finkleroy
high rated
WTF!

Can we just talk about free games for everyone please?
low rated
finkleroy: TL;DR: Religion and politics are contentious issues, which is why it's best not to bring them up. They cause heated arguments, and we don't need that here. This is not the place for that, so please take your bible verse quotes and your extremist right-wing lunacy elsewhere. This is a thread for informing people of free game giveaways, for fuck's sake. Grow up and don't hijack it for your religious and/or political purposes.
I consider myself a radical atheist, but that bit I quoted bothered me more than any bible versicle ever could. Please calm down.

finkleroy: This is a thread for informing people of free game giveaways
Well, at least I'm glad you finally came to your senses about the point of this thread. xD
low rated
weirdzod: WTF!

Can we just talk about free games for everyone please?
I agree. I don't know why people can't understand the fact that religion and politics are contentious issues, and therefore should not be brought up in a public forum that's not strictly for those issues. This is the forum of a video game storefront and a thread about giving away free games. Can we not bring up the two issues everyone tries their hardest to avoid when they visit extended family?

The only reason I mentioned either subject is because they were brought up by other people who hopefully will stop talking about them at some point. Personally, I'm done talking about anything here but free giveaways and what, if anything, we can do about the OP.
muntdefems: Well, at least I'm glad you finally came to your senses about the point of this thread. xD
That's what the point of the thread has become among the regular users here. We still have the issue of the OP stating otherwise, though. I don't know what GOG's policy is regarding this, but do you think it might be possible for us to have a blue edit the OP?
Post edited June 29, 2018 by finkleroy