It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
finkleroy: The only reason I mentioned either subject is because they were brought up by other people who hopefully will stop talking about them at some point. Personally, I'm done talking about anything here but free giveaways and what, if anything, we can do about the OP.
That's what the point of the thread has become among the regular users here. We still have the issue of the OP stating otherwise, though. I don't know what GOG's policy is regarding this, but do you think it might be possible for us to have a blue edit the OP?
As I said a couple of days ago, my opinion is that the actual content of the OP is totally irrelevant. Almost nobody cares to read it, and those who come here, drop a code and go, most certainly don't. So nothing would change if the OP was completely overhauled in order to carefully explain what this thread is about and what is not.

What I agree this thread could do with, is a title change. As it is now -Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.- it's totally understandable that the casual onlooker takes it for a code-dropping thread. And while the original poster can edit the content of the OP, only a blue can edit the title. If properly explained, I don't see why e.g. Linko90 wouldn't edit it. Will you do the honors? :)
low rated
muntdefems: As I said a couple of days ago, my opinion is that the actual content of the OP is totally irrelevant. Almost nobody cares to read it, and those who come here, drop a code and go, most certainly don't. So nothing would change if the OP was completely overhauled in order to carefully explain what this thread is about and what is not.

What I agree this thread could do with, is a title change. As it is now -Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic.- it's totally understandable that the casual onlooker takes it for a code-dropping thread. And while the original poster can edit the content of the OP, only a blue can edit the title. If properly explained, I don't see why e.g. Linko90 wouldn't edit it. Will you do the honors? :)
Yeah, I don't think editing the OP would cut down too much on people dropping keys from past giveaways, but at least it would be justified to downrep them. It's already justified to downrep people who ask for or give keys for games that weren't part of a giveaway. I think you're right that the only way to cut down on it is to rename the title of the thread, and that should probably be done if a blue is willing to do it. I don't think the person who started the thread is going to edit the OP, so if we want that done, we'll have to ask a blue to do it, as well. The title certainly does seem to suggest that the thread is for giving or asking for keys that have an expiration date, and that's a problem.
low rated
MarkoH01: Well, you tried. In some cases the best way to get back to a more constructive way is to simnply stay out of it after a while. I'd say this is the case here, since every single post discussing this matter (even this one here - so sorry again - but that's the last time: promised!) is one post less in which people would simply post their free giveaway events. Therefore people searching for them have to scroll more and search more for those things they are expecting to be here in this thread. Every single post not containing links to giveaway events or leftover codes of such events would simply be OT. So better just end the discussion completely :)
Yeah, I guess now I've learned my lesson. Thank you for your friendly advice.

Anyway, I'm not surprised to see my post getting downvoted after all this mess, but seriously, post #5449? Is it really that bad an idea concerning the thread title? : /
Post edited June 29, 2018 by Makotolia
low rated
Makotolia: Yeah, I guess now I've learned my lesson. Thank you for your friendly advice.

Anyway, I'm not surprised to see my post getting downvoted after all this mess, but seriously, post #5449? Is it really that bad an idea concerning the thread title? : /
No hard feelings. Let me know what you think of the Deponia games when you get the chance to play them. I love that series.
finkleroy: Let me know what you think of the Deponia games when you get the chance to play them. I love that series.
meh. ;) you play 3 games hoping something will happen and at the end, it's like you've accomplished nothing and you've wasted your time. i generally love point & click but that series is pretty frustrating. still, 3 games for a little over £3 so can't complain. i need to complete my collection but not for deponia 4's current price. :)
low rated
timmy010: meh. ;) you play 3 games hoping something will happen and at the end, it's like you've accomplished nothing and you've wasted your time. i generally love point & click but that series is pretty frustrating. still, 3 games for a little over £3 so can't complain. i need to complete my collection but not for deponia 4's current price. :)
I haven't played the fourth game, but I hear its story is not connected to the previous three games.
low rated
timmy010: meh. ;) you play 3 games hoping something will happen and at the end, it's like you've accomplished nothing and you've wasted your time. i generally love point & click but that series is pretty frustrating. still, 3 games for a little over £3 so can't complain. i need to complete my collection but not for deponia 4's current price. :)
finkleroy: I haven't played the fourth game, but I hear its story is not connected to the previous three games.
That's not true. It's also not true what timmy said. I won't spoil it for you but the game never was about the future of Deponia but always focused on the main character and HIS development. And in this regard there is an ending. BUT since many (not all) felt the same way as timmy did the dev Poki decided to do a fourth one which actually begins with the words "oh, you did not like the ending?". Deponia 4 does not require to play 1-3 to be enyoyed but it still is a continuation and some things you might only understand completely (especially concerning character development) after you've experienced 1-3.
low rated
MarkoH01: That's not true. It's also not true what timmy said. I won't spoil it for you but the game never was about the future of Deponia but always focused on the main character and HIS development. And in this regard there is an ending. BUT since many (not all) felt the same way as timmy did the dev Poki decided to do a fourth one which actually begins with the words "oh, you did not like the ending?". Deponia 4 does not require to play 1-3 to be enyoyed but it still is a continuation and some things you might only understand completely (especially concerning character development) after you've experienced 1-3.
it wasn't necessarily the grand finale for me, i treated each game as its own story & i still think there's nothing happening storywise. i played day of the tentacle and that was pretty good all in a single location. i remember this game being compared to curse of monkey island for its humor and its location was the planet(?) of deponia. i would have liked more areas, story and humor. it was generally a poor point & click experience. i would say it is fairly similar in "fun-ness" as the book of unwritten tales series. maybe i just prefer lucasarts & double fine games. i'm not sure about thimbleweed park. maybe double fine could do a remaster to bring the graphics up to date :P
Deleted
Post edited June 30, 2018 by MarkoH01
low rated
Post edited June 30, 2018 by timmy010
low rated
MarkoH01: That's not true. It's also not true what timmy said. I won't spoil it for you but the game never was about the future of Deponia but always focused on the main character and HIS development. And in this regard there is an ending. BUT since many (not all) felt the same way as timmy did the dev Poki decided to do a fourth one which actually begins with the words "oh, you did not like the ending?". Deponia 4 does not require to play 1-3 to be enyoyed but it still is a continuation and some things you might only understand completely (especially concerning character development) after you've experienced 1-3.
timmy010: it wasn't necessarily the grand finale for me, i treated each game as its own story & i still think there's nothing happening storywise. i played day of the tentacle and that was pretty good all in a single location. i remember this game being compared to curse of monkey island for its humor and its location was the planet(?) of deponia. i would have liked more areas, story and humor. it was generally a poor point & click experience. i would say it is fairly similar in "fun-ness" as the book of unwritten tales series. maybe i just prefer lucasarts & double fine games. i'm not sure about thimbleweed park. maybe double fine could do a remaster to bring the graphics up to date :P
I actually much preferred the Unwritten Tales series to both. Everything is well polished and Wilbur's voice acting in the English version is excellent and adds to the atmosphere. I never warmed to the characters in Deponia or DOTT and I found the puzzles in Deponia and DOTT a bit too difficult and obscure. I gave up on DOTT 1/3 of the way through and Deponia half way through Chaos. I mean to go back to both some day but right now I don't have the inclination.

In terms of story arch and character progression though I think Rufus in Deponia certainly has that.
supplementscene: I actually much preferred the Unwritten Tales series to both. Everything is well polished and Wilbur's voice acting in the English version is excellent and adds to the atmosphere. I never warmed to the characters in Deponia or DOTT and I found the puzzles in Deponia and DOTT a bit too difficult and obscure. I gave up on DOTT 1/3 of the way through and Deponia half way through Chaos. I mean to go back to both some day but right now I don't have the inclination.

In terms of story arch and character progression though I think Rufus in Deponia certainly has that.
i've created a new thread for this conversation. theres downrepping going on here
Game Giveaway of the Day - Magic Crystals
Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Once upon a time there lived an Archmage who had the power over the Elements. Storms could be aroused, heavy rains could be brought and the whole nature was ruled by him. A special magical Scepter gave that power. It had 5 Magic Crystals, any of which was symbolic as they were responsible for one of each Element.

Elemental Scepter provided its owner with unlimited powers thanks to the Crystals. Such a powerful thing was desirable for many people so the Archmage of Emmerance took care of it to keep harmony on the Earth forever. But nothing lasts long. Thieves came to the magic castle to grab Elemental Scepter. Where are Magic Crystals now? Being out of control they can cause damage to the world.
Shadow Warrior Classic is for free on gog
hamutestaccount: Shadow Warrior Classic is for free on gog
It became permanently free close to two years ago.