It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
[This is a sticky post, it will be visible in every single page of this thread. It has been published in October 2020.]

Our moderation team decided not to take a side in the discussion since this giveaway thread was created by the community and, as long as there are no forum rules violated, is up to you, dear Gogers, to decide its fate. We will not set giveaway rules, edit the OP's post, nor lock the whole thread.

However, to make it easier for newcomers to understand the situation (about the OP being inactive and other), I will stick my own post right above the first one.

You are, of course, free to create new threads to start anew and make your own, clear rules. At the same time, please stay reasonable when crating them, as multiple new duplicates might make it even more confusing for many Gogers.

That being said, here you can find a post with dxenija's community poll to have better understanding of the situation: CLICK.

At the time of writing, open giveaway threads are:
- Massive Giveaways Blog
- Free (temporary) keys giveaway central topic. (this one)
- Updated Itch.io giveaways

Be nice to each other *flies away*
Post edited January 29, 2021 by ponczo_
Game Giveaway of the Day - Alien Outbreak 2
Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Ever since the beginning of history the humanity has never faced this kind of danger. Enormous intergalactic army begins a global war aiming to destroy mankind and take over our planet. You and your battleship are the last hope of civilization, so put doubts and fears aside and protect all of us in the game Alien Outbreak 2!
gixgox: Game Giveaway of the Day - Alien Outbreak 2

Exclusive offer from Giveaway of the Day and MyPlayCity! No third-party advertising and browser add-ons!

Ever since the beginning of history the humanity has never faced this kind of danger. Enormous intergalactic army begins a global war aiming to destroy mankind and take over our planet. You and your battleship are the last hope of civilization, so put doubts and fears aside and protect all of us in the game Alien Outbreak 2!
gixgox:
And if you go to the homepage it says: "This game is brought to you by our sponsors. It is always free. NO TIME LIMITS!"
Post edited December 30, 2017 by Leuu
Petrell: New GOG forum bug?
Not very, from the spring.
Themken: Not very, from the spring.
Yes, meanwhile we know each other on a personal basis. I say "Hey, Mr. Bug- how are you doing today?" and he recognizes my voice and is staring at me with anticipation. I really love my little forum bug...
MarkoH01: Yes, meanwhile we know each other on a personal basis. I say "Hey, Mr. Bug- how are you doing today?" and he recognizes my voice and is staring at me with anticipation. I really love my little forum bug...
Hehe! It is true that we who hang out a lot here, learn about them and also how to circumvent them.

How does one go about finding temporarily free games on Steam? Some of the permanently free are pretty good, just like on GOG. Then, a lot of those that cost a little are utter rubbish.
Themken: How does one go about finding temporarily free games on Steam? Some of the permanently free are pretty good, just like on GOG. Then, a lot of those that cost a little are utter rubbish.
There is a category on Steam for free games and I guess that the temporarily free games are listed here as well.
Themken: How does one go about finding temporarily free games on Steam? Some of the permanently free are pretty good, just like on GOG. Then, a lot of those that cost a little are utter rubbish.
MarkoH01: There is a category on Steam for free games and I guess that the temporarily free games are listed here as well.
Yeah but finding anything in there is hard as there are a lot of free to play games with micro-transactions and such.
MarkoH01: There is a category on Steam for free games and I guess that the temporarily free games are listed here as well.
Themken: Yeah but finding anything in there is hard as there are a lot of free to play games with micro-transactions and such.
Try Heroine's Quest: Herald of Ragnarok - excellent game and free. There's paid dlc, but there's no need to buy that.
BeatriceElysia: Try Heroine's Quest: Herald of Ragnarok - excellent game and free. There's paid dlc, but there's no need to buy that.
I actually recognise the game as something I have looked at when it was new :-)
Demolish & Build 2017 free on Marvelousga but you have to do a lot of tasks to verify.
Post edited December 30, 2017 by Leuu
Themken: Not very, from the spring.
But it did not pop up when I posted Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf giveaway two days earlier with same format just two posts above the one having the issue. Mysterious are the GOG Forum's ways.
Petrell: But it did not pop up when I posted Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf giveaway two days earlier with same format just two posts above the one having the issue. Mysterious are the GOG Forum's ways.
Don't you know? Gog works in mysterious ways.
Game Giveaway of the Day - Gnome's Garden: New Home

After defeating the sorcerer collector, the gnomes returned the castle to its old form. However it continues to stand in the grey wasteland and nothing would grow. To prevent starvation, the princess decides to set off on a journey to find the secret Green Recipe.

Venture through an unknown land full of secrets and mysticism in the thrilling, casual fantasy strategy game! Restore ancient cars, plant magic gardens, manage resources and build buildings.
● Global Adventures (another giveaway, in addition to the mmorpg.com link posted by Redix) [closed beta, already on] ●
https://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/global-adventures-closed-beta-key-giveaway-steam/

● Deathstalker Scorpion mount (for Battlerite) ●
https://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/battlerite-free-mount-steam-key-giveaway/

● Kingdom: Classic ●
http://rawfury.com/giveaway/

● Aurora Trail [beta] ●
http://store.steampowered.com/app/755150/Aurora_Trail/
BeatriceElysia: Try Heroine's Quest: Herald of Ragnarok - excellent game and free. There's paid dlc, but there's no need to buy that.
Not to mention it can be added (+1) permanently to your library, if you care about such thing, unlike most other free-to-play games which don't count towards your library count and can only be installed and played.