It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: .......

flubbucket: Seriously.....and I never use this word. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Liar! You just did!
Seriously
It seems to me most everyone is forgetting that there are two scum teams and they don’t know who each other are. It is 8v2v2 and reducing towns numbers in anyway is pushing town to lose and that makes every town player a precious commodity. We have no investigative roles so every lynch has to be an attempt to find scum, and if we are unfortunate in not finding scum then the wagon is more imperative than normal to examine to see all the interactions that happened around it. But now all we have is a tainted wagon and that hurts town more than it helps.

It also seems everyone is acting like Flub is the only choice (and now he realistically is and that’s why I’m so annoyed), but he never was until he made it that way instead of letting the natural progression of the day happen. Now all we can do is hope that scum target each other for a NK or a Mason to be converted.

Now unless someone is just in denial flub has made it pretty clear he’s town vanilla and so if he’s not the lynch today he would have to be the lynch tomorrow and that would be even worse IMO. I’ve also cas enough of a stink that scum will probably kill me tonight so I’m going to give my list of who I think possible scum is.

Dedo
Hyper
Krypsyn
Sage
Leonard
And now I also think possibly adalia
trentonlf: Dedo
Hyper
Krypsyn
Sage
Leonard
Please please no one else do this.
You are right, we have two scum teams who don't know each other. Every player who puts down a list of possible scum makes it easier for them to figure out who the other team is and to avoid them.
And also narrows down who the obvitown who might be masons are too.

Even more so then a normal game reads list only hurt town here.

I think everyone needs to remember this isn't a normal game of mafia, and to stop treating it as such.
trentonlf: Dedo
Hyper
Krypsyn
Sage
Leonard
adaliabooks: Please please no one else do this.
You are right, we have two scum teams who don't know each other. Every player who puts down a list of possible scum makes it easier for them to figure out who the other team is and to avoid them.

I think everyone needs to remember this isn't a normal game of mafia, and to stop treating it as such.
Yeah pretty sure now that you’re scum, and if flub wasn’t the obvious choice I would push for your lynch.
trentonlf: Yeah pretty sure now that you’re scum, and if flub wasn’t the obvious choice I would push for your lynch.
Don't worry, you're doing a great job of climbing up mine too.
Where is Hunter in all this... he seems to have disappeared as soon as things started getting real.

And Bookwyrm and dedo seem a bit quiet too...
Unvote: flubbucket
Vote: adaliabooks
Leonard03: [...] something I think I remember happening last game I played in when he was scum. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Which game would that be?

mchack: "I'm not your friend. Don't fall asleep" at the end of the first video
and "I like to watch" the second.
sounds like suicidal scum to me.
HypersomniacLive: I'd like you to lay out your thought process behind this conclusion.
well, it just did after I watched the vids, doesn't matter though, by his latest posts I'm much more inclined to think flub is town, which means I won't be voting him today.

HypersomniacLive: Does this explaining revolve around the questions you asked and the suggested replies?
I wanted him to talk. he did. I based my judgement on whether or not to lynch him on what he said.

mchack: you don't get to decide that, you're not the dungeon master here. [...]
HypersomniacLive: True, the dungeon master is Lifthrasil. Is he the one deciding the lynch?
nope, the majority of us do. Of which most incidently are vanilla. All of those useless muddy vanilla that adalia wants lynched and nked off as soon as possible. They get to decide the lynch.
I want them to stay and with a clear head, decide on the scummiest.

HypersomniacLive: You've spent an awful lot of time talking game mechanics and advising people left and right to put their stances down. How about you take your own advice and make good on your post #351 promise to lay out your stance on your scum suspects? And yes, I saw you voted adaliabooks, I still want you to go on record.
I will, but I have more important stuff to do right now than reread and make a good case for them. If you only want names it's adalia and dedo for now.

HypersomniacLive: A few questions for you:
(I) How exactly did you come up with the numbers in your scenario #1?
(II) Does town really control the lynch in scenario #2?
(III) What are the odds of each scenarios?

Moving on to D3, I like how you took into account a number of cases regarding the N1 outcome, yet for N2 you take it for granted that each scum team successfully kills one Mason. Are you implying that they'd agree upon it during D2? Or is there some (other?) way that escapes me?
first off I miscalculated (1. should be 3m 5s 2v), good of you to point that out. Was and am in a hurry.

as for the rest of the questions, I was merely trying to point out that this (which I was answering):

adaliabooks: Town is almost guaranteed a win if we can get the three masons through till tomorrow. Particularly if three vanilla townies are dead. I've outlined the numbers on that already.
is not true, I think. It could go in a lot of ways but killing off a townie and hoping that more townies get killed, saying that this is then an almost guaranteed town win is simply preposterous. You are obviously better with numbers, do you agree with adalia on the above quote?

-----

trentonlf: It seems to me most everyone is forgetting that there are two scum teams and they don’t know who each other are. It is 8v2v2 and reducing towns numbers in anyway is pushing town to lose and that makes every town player a precious commodity. We have no investigative roles so every lynch has to be an attempt to find scum, and if we are unfortunate in not finding scum then the wagon is more imperative than normal to examine to see all the interactions that happened around it.
thank you! yes

trentonlf: It also seems everyone is acting like Flub is the only choice (and now he realistically is and that’s why I’m so annoyed), but he never was until he made it that way instead of letting the natural progression of the day happen. Now all we can do is hope that scum target each other for a NK or a Mason to be converted.

Now unless someone is just in denial flub has made it pretty clear he’s town vanilla and so if he’s not the lynch today he would have to be the lynch tomorrow and that would be even worse IMO. I’ve also cas enough of a stink that scum will probably kill me tonight so I’m going to give my list of who I think possible scum is.
we will see if he really has to be the lynch tomorrow. say we have 2 nk tonight -> we know flub is not converted and our assessment of his alignment doesn't have to change. Scum converting someone else than flub? would leave us in a pickle true, we'd have to be suspicious about everyone (just as we are now) but it also would have scum take the 50% chance on suicide which is very nice.

-----

mchack: now that is the third strike: best lynch vanilla townies second best no-lynch?
that is your plan?
and when are we ever going to kill scum?
adaliabooks: Even if the masons don't claim tomorrow but subtly push the lynch and the game (so scum have less chance to convert a vanilla or kill a mason) we should be winning (in fact that might even be the better outcome though a little trickier to push through)
they shouldn't. best never. said that before. they should subtly push the lynch throughout the game and keep scum guessing.

adaliabooks: So let me ask you a question. How many masons (real or otherwise) are we going to push to claim before we do lynch a vanilla townie?
Let me ask you a question:

You are scum, you are at L-1, you claim mason, lynch disperses (but now you have to be really afraid of the nk from the other scum team. They don't know you false claimed. They think they found a mason. Real masons just laugh about it and go on. They wouldn't counterclaim, why would they? For them the fakeclaim is a sure scum tell. Don't have to out themselves just because they know 1 scum for sure now. let's say this goes on. not all are nightkilled or even real masons get nightkilled. We'll have the flips. Only the real masons will flip mason and nothing can prevent a real mason from flipping so. This means as soon as 3 masons have flipped any other claim for mason from living persons is automatically a sure scum tell.

Still so sure scum will simply claim mason and thereby we can never lynch other than vanilla until all masons have claimed together?
nope, claiming mason will kill scum for sure, sooner or later. So it's back to simple scumhunting and lynching the scumiest and we need all the vanilla we have for that, too.

adaliabooks: Here's a thought experiment; if everyone claimed today (including scum) ...
lolwut, massclaim day 1? that's your thought after suggesting killing town, or no-lynch? you going after scummiest player alive award here?
mchack: lolwut, massclaim day 1? that's your thought after suggesting killing town, or no-lynch? you going after scummiest player alive award here?
At work so I'll answer the rest later. That wasn't a suggestion, it was just doing the numbers to point out that this game is not like normal mafia. Actually knowing who all the scum is today is probably a worse position then not, because they can replenish their ranks faster than we can kill them, at least for the first couple of days.
mchack: lolwut, massclaim day 1? that's your thought after suggesting killing town, or no-lynch? you going after scummiest player alive award here?
adaliabooks: At work so I'll answer the rest later. That wasn't a suggestion, it was just doing the numbers to point out that this game is not like normal mafia. Actually knowing who all the scum is today is probably a worse position then not, because they can replenish their ranks faster than we can kill them, at least for the first couple of days.
ok. that doesn't make the game broken though. it just says it's bad for town if scum knows each other and all masons and vanillas. hence don't massclaim. but that was clear all along and noone wants to.
HypersomniacLive: Which game would that be?
mchack: #30

HypersomniacLive: I'd like you to lay out your thought process behind this conclusion.
mchack: well, it just did after I watched the vids, doesn't matter though, by his latest posts I'm much more inclined to think flub is town, which means I won't be voting him today.

HypersomniacLive: Does this explaining revolve around the questions you asked and the suggested replies?
mchack: I wanted him to talk. he did. I based my judgement on whether or not to lynch him on what he said.

HypersomniacLive: True, the dungeon master is Lifthrasil. Is he the one deciding the lynch?
mchack: nope, the majority of us do. Of which most incidently are vanilla. All of those useless muddy vanilla that adalia wants lynched and nked off as soon as possible. They get to decide the lynch.
I want them to stay and with a clear head, decide on the scummiest.

HypersomniacLive: You've spent an awful lot of time talking game mechanics and advising people left and right to put their stances down. How about you take your own advice and make good on your post #351 promise to lay out your stance on your scum suspects? And yes, I saw you voted adaliabooks, I still want you to go on record.
mchack: I will, but I have more important stuff to do right now than reread and make a good case for them. If you only want names it's adalia and dedo for now.

HypersomniacLive: A few questions for you:
(I) How exactly did you come up with the numbers in your scenario #1?
(II) Does town really control the lynch in scenario #2?
(III) What are the odds of each scenarios?

Moving on to D3, I like how you took into account a number of cases regarding the N1 outcome, yet for N2 you take it for granted that each scum team successfully kills one Mason. Are you implying that they'd agree upon it during D2? Or is there some (other?) way that escapes me?
mchack: first off I miscalculated (1. should be 3m 5s 2v), good of you to point that out. Was and am in a hurry.

as for the rest of the questions, I was merely trying to point out that this (which I was answering):

adaliabooks: Town is almost guaranteed a win if we can get the three masons through till tomorrow. Particularly if three vanilla townies are dead. I've outlined the numbers on that already.
mchack: is not true, I think. It could go in a lot of ways but killing off a townie and hoping that more townies get killed, saying that this is then an almost guaranteed town win is simply preposterous. You are obviously better with numbers, do you agree with adalia on the above quote?

-----

trentonlf: It seems to me most everyone is forgetting that there are two scum teams and they don’t know who each other are. It is 8v2v2 and reducing towns numbers in anyway is pushing town to lose and that makes every town player a precious commodity. We have no investigative roles so every lynch has to be an attempt to find scum, and if we are unfortunate in not finding scum then the wagon is more imperative than normal to examine to see all the interactions that happened around it.
mchack: thank you! yes

trentonlf: It also seems everyone is acting like Flub is the only choice (and now he realistically is and that’s why I’m so annoyed), but he never was until he made it that way instead of letting the natural progression of the day happen. Now all we can do is hope that scum target each other for a NK or a Mason to be converted.

mchack: we will see if he really has to be the lynch tomorrow. say we have 2 nk tonight -> we know flub is not converted and our assessment of his alignment doesn't have to change. Scum converting someone else than flub? would leave us in a pickle true, we'd have to be suspicious about everyone (just as we are now) but it also would have scum take the 50% chance on suicide which is very nice.

-----

adaliabooks: Even if the masons don't claim tomorrow but subtly push the lynch and the game (so scum have less chance to convert a vanilla or kill a mason) we should be winning (in fact that might even be the better outcome though a little trickier to push through)
mchack: they shouldn't. best never. said that before. they should subtly push the lynch throughout the game and keep scum guessing.

adaliabooks: So let me ask you a question. How many masons (real or otherwise) are we going to push to claim before we do lynch a vanilla townie?
mchack: Let me ask you a question:

You are scum, you are at L-1, you claim mason, lynch disperses (but now you have to be really afraid of the nk from the other scum team. They don't know you false claimed. They think they found a mason. Real masons just laugh about it and go on. They wouldn't counterclaim, why would they? For them the fakeclaim is a sure scum tell. Don't have to out themselves just because they know 1 scum for sure now. let's say this goes on. not all are nightkilled or even real masons get nightkilled. We'll have the flips. Only the real masons will flip mason and nothing can prevent a real mason from flipping so. This means as soon as 3 masons have flipped any other claim for mason from living persons is automatically a sure scum tell.

Still so sure scum will simply claim mason and thereby we can never lynch other than vanilla until all masons have claimed together?
nope, claiming mason will kill scum for sure, sooner or later. So it's back to simple scumhunting and lynching the scumiest and we need all the vanilla we have for that, too.

adaliabooks: Here's a thought experiment; if everyone claimed today (including scum) ...
I did not take into consideration that both scum teams could try to convert flub at the same time or that both scum teams might target other players for the NK. So now more so than before I will not be voting flub and don’t think he is the necessary lynch today.
This is hilarious, and pretty catchy! BUSHES OF LOVE is also lots of fun. Many thanks!

adaliabooks: [...] So let me ask you a question. How many masons (real or otherwise) are we going to push to claim before we do lynch a vanilla townie? [...]
Is this in the context of D1 only, or of future Days too?

trentonlf: Yeah pretty sure now that you’re scum, and if flub wasn’t the obvious choice I would push for your lynch.
Not sure I follow, because:

trentonlf: [...] every lynch has to be an attempt to find scum, and if we are unfortunate in not finding scum then the wagon is more imperative than normal to examine to see all the interactions that happened around it. But now all we have is a tainted wagon and that hurts town more than it helps. [...]
You're all for lynching the scummiest, you're pretty sure adaliabooks is scum, he's got five votes (at L-2), why not push for his lynch?

As for flubbucket - isn't this situation quite similar to yours in JMich's game #45?

mchack: #30 [...]
I'm sorry, is your name Leonard03, or have you been appointed to speak for him, and I somehow missed it?

mchack: [...] well, it just did after I watched the vids, doesn't matter though, [...]
It does to me, so I still want you to lay out your thought process behind that comment you made.

mchack: [...] nope, the majority of us do. [...]
So it was a meaningless comment in the middle of you seriously trying to make up your mind about him based on what he was saying?

mchack: [...] I will, but I have more important stuff to do right now than reread and make a good case for them. If you only want names it's adalia and dedo for now. [...]
If I "only wanted names", why would I be asking you to go on record and lay out your stance? Especially since you already gave the names in your post #351?

mchack: [...] do you agree with adalia on the above quote? [...]
I'll say that more than enough talk about possible Night developments has been done already, so the only thing I'm going to say is that town needs to make the choices of the scum teams as difficult and risky as possible.

mchack: [...] lolwut, massclaim day 1? that's your thought after suggesting killing town, or no-lynch? you going after scummiest player alive award here?
Admit it, you really wanted to use the "scummiest player alive award", didn't you?
Or did you not understand what he meant by "thought experiment"?
HypersomniacLive: This is hilarious, and pretty catchy! BUSHES OF LOVE is also lots of fun. Many thanks!

Is this in the context of D1 only, or of future Days too?

Not sure I follow, because:

You're all for lynching the scummiest, you're pretty sure adaliabooks is scum, he's got five votes (at L-2), why not push for his lynch?

As for flubbucket - isn't this situation quite similar to yours in JMich's game #45?

I'm sorry, is your name Leonard03, or have you been appointed to speak for him, and I somehow missed it?

It does to me, so I still want you to lay out your thought process behind that comment you made.

So it was a meaningless comment in the middle of you seriously trying to make up your mind about him based on what he was saying?

If I "only wanted names", why would I be asking you to go on record and lay out your stance? Especially since you already gave the names in your post #351?

I'll say that more than enough talk about possible Night developments has been done already, so the only thing I'm going to say is that town needs to make the choices of the scum teams as difficult and risky as possible.

Admit it, you really wanted to use the "scummiest player alive award", didn't you?
Or did you not understand what he meant by "thought experiment"?
Before any lynch happens we need to hear from all the quiet players. Hunter, dedo, Leonard, Krypsyn, Sage, and bookwyrm. But I guess you want a rushed lynch for some reason?
flubbucket: Liar.

I haz the dumb.
Oh

adaliabooks: Where is Hunter in all this... he seems to have disappeared as soon as things started getting real.
I'm here now

adaliabooks: Please please no one else do this.

How does people posting who they think is scum tip off actual scum teams in anyway? These lists are based on who people think to be scummy rather than results of some investigative role, thus not very accurate and sometimes not accurate even if you pool opinions on this.

adaliabooks: No, I really don't want to explain it. But I will because at this point it is probably the townie thing to do so that we do the right thing today.
I may not get time to fill in all the blanks until later but here is the gist of it.

Town is almost guaranteed a win if we can get the three masons through till tomorrow. Particularly if three vanilla townies are dead. I've outlined the numbers on that already.

So our goal today is not to lynch a mason or force one to claim.
So what will scum do if they reach L-1?
Claim mason.
And what will we do?
Stop the lynch.

So unless someone does something absolutely ridiculously scummy today that makes us certain they could not possibly be a mason we will never lynch scum today.
We will only ever lynch vanilla town.

Hence we should do so as quickly as possible so scum don't get any more clues or ideas then they already have who might be a mason to shoot in the night.

Though we may well be passed that point anyway.
And particularly now that I have spelled it out scum know exactly what to do today and everyday until it makes sense for the masons to claim (which I'm hoping will be tomorrow).

ZFR almost had it right when he suggested no lynch, but the better result for town tomorrow is to have less vanillas floating about muddying the water.

So please vote flub. He's a smart cookie and he knows what he is doing.
Which comes at a great cost to town though, the whole point of d1 is to analyze wagon formed on the lynched player and discussions which lead up to the lynch. Now d2 start will not differ much from d1 in anyway in terms of useful information that town has at hand.

mchack: Let me ask you a question:

Kinda what I felt as soon as I saw the mason argument, would like to see his response to that.

flubbucket: /giggle...define

Know this......I am always town.

The plan this Day is to lynch me. My actions are not suicidal. I am not Voting myself. I am merely making the best tactical move for town on Day One in this setup. There is no investigative role with which to suss out scum. There is the ongoing banter.....but that is the stuff of which Day One Hatred is made of is it not??

I am a tactical player, but more importantly I play this game for fun. I'm an old dungeon master from the '70s so I have a focus on making sure everyone has a good time. Some players like to solve the puzzle, some like the struggle and the fight, some like to move forward as quickly as possible, and some like to look into every single corner.

Regarding scummy players........I will say I find some of the reasons for and against voting me to be dubious.

However, not voting to lynch me this Day is scummy.
Lets say you get lynched, what info will town have to go on for d2? Your sole flip would only confirm what you have said, and your wagon is just useless for analysis. Convince me that lynching you will be helpful for town rather than saying it reduces conversion pool for scum.
Yet you are not voting for adalia, got curious since you said you'd push for his lynch. Not casting shade or suspicion, just felt weird to me.