It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: If I do werewolves again, jump in! It's fun, and you'll like my grisly death descriptions! Or have me committed - one or the other.
trentonlf: Have you got one ready? Just curious :)
I'm boring and would just do same as I did last time - perfect information 2 scum (werewolves) and a "cop" - I suppose if there were enough players I could add in a "doctor" role. And I guess if there were a lot of players I'd throw in a 3rd wolf but all roles would be known up front, it'd just be up to the players what to do with them!

Though I'd fall in line and have a lynch occur when the final vote were cast (last time I allowed people to "back out" of a lynch after casting the final vote, if I can't called Night yet - it never happened but it might adjust peoples' play and this time I'd just call it a lynch).
The crisis events, while an interesting idea had their problems. Furthermore, it would have been too easy for scum to kill all town high scores in a single stat. Especially if a "6" is not good enough. I was also worried you were trying to kill the highest "FIN" people with Dedo and Krypsyn's deaths, which ironically is where we failed our crisis...
trentonlf: I'm with RW on this one, I don't think scum had it in the bag either.
RWarehall: I certainly don't think we did either, I think it was a true toss-up, even with JMich being confirmed. But I am curious how JMich failed his check but McHack succeeded...
I had the better fin stats (7 at the time)
Would it help you decide, if I told you I would have claimed an ability boiling down to alignment cop today if pressured and saying I cleared flubs, yogs and vitek. Today maybe we could have lynched carrion or gone no lynch or sabotaged the hell out of the crisis and killed a player there. And tomorrow if at lylo I would have framed one townie ... this might have gotten one player to place a vote there and then we might have had it in the bag.

still alot of if's in that and no way it would have worked with the latest confirmation of jmich and carrion...
CarrionCrow:
RWarehall:
Ah, thanks! Oh sure, toss the poor droids to the monsters, who cares they're not human right? Droidism at work right there. ;)
RWarehall: I certainly don't think we did either, I think it was a true toss-up, even with JMich being confirmed. But I am curious how JMich failed his check but McHack succeeded...
trentonlf: I'm going to guess it was just because his stats were a little too low or it was just an unlucky roll.
QA was a bit cryptic even in the dead thread so take this with a grain of salt, but he implied that a mission failure resulting from low stats would not result in death, but a sabotaged mission would.

So seemingly stat failure just hampered your ability.

That said, I agree the crisis events, while a good idea, probably needed a bit more polish. I'm not sure how town would have cracked the code on how they really worked based on the info they could have had available to them.
trentonlf: I'm going to guess it was just because his stats were a little too low or it was just an unlucky roll.
bler144: QA was a bit cryptic even in the dead thread so take this with a grain of salt, but he implied that a mission failure resulting from low stats would not result in death, but a sabotaged mission would.

That said, I agree the crisis events, while a good idea, probably needed a bit more polish. I'm not sure how town would have cracked the code on how they really worked based on the info they could have had available to them.
This is why I was so against even letting one happen. They didn't benefit town at all.
bler144: QA was a bit cryptic even in the dead thread so take this with a grain of salt, but he implied that a mission failure resulting from low stats would not result in death, but a sabotaged mission would.

trentonlf: This is why I was so against even letting one happen. They didn't benefit town at all.
well, scum didn't know more than town on how they worked, (I was as astonished as you guys that it failed day 2), so I think it was mostly there to recompensate for the missing cop in the game? seems drealmer was the only one with an investigative ability (unless flubs was the cop all along and just didn't say anything...)
trentonlf: This is why I was so against even letting one happen. They didn't benefit town at all.
mchack: well, scum didn't know more than town on how they worked, (I was as astonished as you guys that it failed day 2), so I think it was mostly there to recompensate for the missing cop in the game? seems drealmer was the only one with an investigative ability (unless flubs was the cop all along and just didn't say anything...)
There was too much inherent risk for town to allow a crisis to happen. The crisis could kill or hinder a townie, did nothing to scum. If scum had penalties too it would have been a different story.
mchack: well, scum didn't know more than town on how they worked, (I was as astonished as you guys that it failed day 2), so I think it was mostly there to recompensate for the missing cop in the game? seems drealmer was the only one with an investigative ability (unless flubs was the cop all along and just didn't say anything...)
trentonlf: There was too much inherent risk for town to allow a crisis to happen. The crisis could kill or hinder a townie, did nothing to scum. If scum had penalties too it would have been a different story.
it might have killed a scum player aswell I guess. He never said it would only hit townies... I wonder what would've happened if rware just put the scummiest players on the crisis ;)
Dead thread:

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/T9uxSP7MDWFK6
Hey! I was going to let QuadrAlien formally close the game before giving out such sensitive details! Also, I needed to go edit all my posts in there to show how 100% right about everyone I was always! Well, now folks will just see how wrong I was... oh well... :(

You are such a smelly stupidhead... :P (this is a reference to a post in the Admin thread, is case anyone is wondering)
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Krypsyn
Krypsyn: You are such a smelly stupidhead... :P
Heh.
bler144: Heh.
Touché.

edit: Had to add the accent. It was bugging me.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by Krypsyn
Good game guys.

I won't say that it was going to be a guaranteed scum win, I think it all would have come down to today. If we managed to survive intact I don't think you could have stopped us, but if you started hitting us and had it all figured out we were goners.
It was right down to the knife edge and it's just a shame it fell apart.

I think this certainly needs to be a lesson to us about more careful moderation and playing. If and when I mod a game I will definitely be mod killing anyone who copies anything from there PMs (if there is even anything beyond basic roles in them)
It's easy enough to blame the set up as broken but time and again it's the player's manipulation of the set up as well that breaks it...

Anyway, I had a lot of fun and I'm kind of glad it ended like this. Despite doing quite well I couldn't help but feel if we had won no one would have been satisfied due to mchack's mod confirmation and even me replacing Hyper (as I think he might have been lynched otherwise)

@yogs
Told you we'd never lynch JMich! :P
Well, that was anti climactic. Game could have gone either way. I don't really buy the arguments brought forward by people that due to the presence of certain roles it was obvious who was scum and town, but that's just me. You guys were so split we could have tried to bus each other and you still wouldn't have achieved a proper lynch. Too many different views and perspectives. But hey, it was fun! Too bad it ended that way. Mod interventions shouldn't really be a thing to be honest, but this is just a lesson for the future. Proof read the set up twice before starting and get at least 2 people to do it!