It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ixamyakxim: Scum already didn't kill our tracker day one. You soft claimed a role and I'm sure as hell they aren't killing you tonight either. We have two role blockers, and a maybe cop and to be honest I'm not even sure if they're in danger tonight.
Good to know that just because they didn't kill the tracker one night, they won't do it on a different night.

Ixamyakxim: As far as your false claim that the events are broken if we can fail them by our best efforts - of course we can. We don't know all the scum and could include one. We don't know who has high stats and how high they are with perfect certainty nor should we (I bet you'd love to continue stat fishing like you were doing before). We don't know the final "score" needed to beat the events, or if that score will become more and more difficult.

All we know is that they're bad, and we have a few people pushing for them.
If a scum sabotages the mission, then it was hardly our best effort. And we're back to "If there are so many confirmed town, then why is a risk being taken on an unconfirmed player?"

When was I stat fishing? I don't remember doing that.

If the final score needed is higher than 10 per person that can go on that branch of the mission, then I think we're going to fail regardless of who is sent. Perhaps the missions do get harder to complete, which means they would have to start easy. Oh, here's an idea! What if the missions get harder via the method of a townie dying each night, reducing the pool of safe candidates?

CarrionCrow: As a story, it wouldn't make sense to take the feeling of danger away by adding something like "make coffee before the crew gets cranky" after the whole murderous hologram thing.
Clearly you've never met someone who hadn't had their required morning coffee yet. ;)

Also, assuming we don't keep No Lynching, then the game will end with the Lynch on Day 5 (if a townie gets lynched each day and NK'd during each night). We should have this sorted out within another month or two.
Unvote mchack
Vote Bookwyrm627
Right, then - the team has been selected, dispatched, etcetera, etcetera. (Sorry about the lack of flavour, I'm already later than I thought I'd be with this - though I will say this)

"Well, AgentCarr16, the problem is this ISN'T hooked up to the rest of the station yet - it appears to have been in delivery. Waiting for whatever power supply it has to run out is a bit of a gamble, and while a remote connection might be possible, it'd require getting through any security measures before this can be done."

The team have been selected - ETA for resolution is now 23:00 GMT, 28TH OCTOBER 2015.

(Unless QuadrAlien's train is delayed. Again.)
trentonlf: Unvote mchack
Vote Bookwyrm627
Might I ask what the tipping point for you was?
trentonlf: Unvote mchack
Vote Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: Might I ask what the tipping point for you was?
Your agenda to lynch a townie each day and kill one each night was the tipping point.
trentonlf: Your agenda to lynch a townie each day and kill one each night was the tipping point.
*face palm* That is the worst case timer on the game, based on known kill possibilities, not an agenda on my part.
Bookwyrm627: That is the worst case timer on the game....
But, how do you know this? It is as if you know what roles are in the game and who can kill whom and when! Obviously, you are the moderator! Totally moderatey behavior!
Sorry about being neurotic about this type of thing.

Vote count / votecount:

Ixamyakxim: 5 (yogsloth, Bookwyrm627, mchack, Krypsyn, Vitek)
Bookwyrm627: 3 (RWarehall, Ixamyakxim, trentonlf)
HijacK: 2 (flubbucket, agentcarr16)
agentcarr16: 2 (adaliabooks, HijacK)
Adaliabooks: 1 (CarrionCrow)
flubbucket: 1 (drealmer7)

Closest to lynch is Ixamyakxim at L-3.
Not voting: JMich
Yo, JMich. If you could convince everyone that a particular player needed lynching, which person would you lynch?
Bookwyrm627: ...then the game will end with the Lynch on Day 5 (if a townie gets lynched each day and NK'd during each night). We should have this sorted out within another month or two.
Ooof, that was either really poorly phrased on your part, or you gave a tell. Time will tell.

re: "known kill possibilities"

I know we don't know if there is a hunter type here, but given the fact that I think everyone has a power of some kind (evidenced by my kind of weak-ass power, the accumulation of claims, and other suggested authorities), I find it highly possible, and have even found some evidence to suggest as much, and so I think the time-table could be different.

I also think it is possible to lose someone during a crisis even if the team performs as best as it can/everyone does their job (I believe QA to be using a dice-roller and so there is always a chance, even if stats are optimal.)

yogsloth: Sorry about being neurotic about this type of thing.

Vote count / votecount:

Ixamyakxim: 5 (yogsloth, Bookwyrm627, mchack, Krypsyn, Vitek)
Bookwyrm627: 3 (RWarehall, Ixamyakxim, trentonlf)
HijacK: 2 (flubbucket, agentcarr16)
agentcarr16: 2 (adaliabooks, HijacK)
Adaliabooks: 1 (CarrionCrow)
flubbucket: 1 (drealmer7)

Closest to lynch is Ixamyakxim at L-3.
Not voting: JMich
No, it's great, don't be sorry. I especially like how you do "vote count / votecount" for ctrl+f purposes. It's very much appreciated (although I do keep my own tally, it is nice to see a reiteration for confirmation and logged here.)

Look at that spread!

I continue to find Vitek's behavior a bit suspicious. The reasons given seem, while of course understandable to a degree, more trumped up than valid. I really think Ix is just talking possibilities and doesn't phrase stuff the best either, because they're more like brainstormed thoughts about the situation. However, I've never played with him before so can't tell if this is just how he is (or how new of a player he is, which could be part of it?) or if it's scum-tells galore. I guess Vitek has more experience to read it than I do, and perhaps I should trust it, but, for some reason I don't. While I am super-curious what the Ix flip would be, I'm still uncomfortable with that wagon, for now.

I continue to find trentonlf's behavior rather suspicious as well, and while I don't disagree that Bookwyrm is possibly an intruder, I think this could be the hider-vote of intruder voting intruder, especially with the reasons+attitude with it given. Because as poorly phrased as Bookwyrm's statement was, the way trentonlf spins it seems conveniently scummy to me.

I also believe we have a double-voter who doesn't necessarily wish to reveal themselves this early.

PIZZAtime! (partner made the cheese yesterday, I jarred the sauce a few months ago.)

Who says you can't RP and meta-real-talk and have standard fun all in the same game?! (I actually wouldn't advise it for everyone, it is hard, but, I'm actually improving, I think. Thanks all for bearing with me.)
Bookwyrm627: Yo, JMich. If you could convince everyone that a particular player needed lynching, which person would you lynch?
No idea at this point.
JMich: No idea at this point.
Everyone is acting an exactly equal level of scummy/towny?

Amazing; what are the odds...
drealmer7: ...
I also believe we have a double-voter who doesn't necessarily wish to reveal themselves this early.
What makes you think that?

----

As for the mission, I'm pretty sure we're well suited to take care of those hard-light holograms. For the FIN part we are both tried and true crisis solvers (though jmich swapped places) and in the INT department with the claimed stats of drealmer and agent + the captain himself (that should know best if he's suited), I really can't see anything going wrong...

Btw, do you think the hard light idea comes from Red Dwarf? I love that series... :D
JMich: No idea at this point.
Krypsyn: Everyone is acting an exactly equal level of scummy/towny?

Amazing; what are the odds...
I would say 1 in 15......
drealmer7: Ooof, that was either really poorly phrased on your part, or you gave a tell. Time will tell.

re: "known kill possibilities"

I know we don't know if there is a hunter type here, but given the fact that I think everyone has a power of some kind (evidenced by my kind of weak-ass power, the accumulation of claims, and other suggested authorities), I find it highly possible, and have even found some evidence to suggest as much, and so I think the time-table could be different.

I also think it is possible to lose someone during a crisis even if the team performs as best as it can/everyone does their job (I believe QA to be using a dice-roller and so there is always a chance, even if stats are optimal.)
I guess it was just poor phrasing then, since no one seems to disagree with my math. Or did someone want to call me out for assuming there are 4 scum at the most, while running the numbers with no neutrals? I realized later I didn't explicitly state those two assumptions (4 scum, rest town) when providing the timeline.

Yes, the timetable could (and quite possibly will) be different than what I outlined. I was providing a baseline for when town loses, assuming all expected deaths (daily lynch and nightly NK) hit a townie and there are 4 scum. Perhaps there are one or more vig shots. We already have claims for two roles that can stop kills. Extra kills on town (whether vig, multiple failures on a crisis, or something else) will tend to shorten the time line, while (scum deaths) or (town death preventions) will tend to lengthen the time line. I'm not interested in trying to compute all of the permutations for town/scum/neutral deaths resulting in game over (regardless of winner) right now; the search space is simply too large for the time required to be worth the information gathered.

I am currently leaning toward the idea that each crisis has some set value that must be met in order to pass the crisis, especially since scum have the choice whether to sabotage a mission they are on. Alternatively, perhaps the stats are a distraction, and the only thing that matters is whether any players on the mission decide to sabotage it (or perhaps mission players need some sort of skill each player supposedly has, like cleaning really well). The mod post describing crisis events seems to imply the former (set value required) over the latter (only alignment matters).

Using dice rolls to determine outcome means that the entire game could come down to the results from random.org instead of player actions, so I tend to reject that idea. Do you have any sort of evidence to support the die rolls theory?

Lastly, I suppose 2 months puts us at the end of the year, so perhaps I shouldn't have bothered laying out the timeline in response to Crow talking about the end of the year.