It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't have a dog in this fight since I already have FEAR and I use other methods to remove the securom malware from my games, below are some threads where I've dealt with securom issues in the past.

You could see if the below are still a problem. Can't remember if the issues occur on 64bit Windows or not.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40884&p=381300&hilit=securom#p381295
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17959&p=143552&hilit=securom#p143552
https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4396&p=77138&hilit=securom#p77138

I also seem to remember issues with the right-click being delayed and/or explorer.exe crashing as well.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by DosFreak
AB2012: Eg, anyone here want to download Process Monitor, run it and then load and play 30 seconds of Crysis, Far Cry 2, etc, to see if they work?
Only Fear Perseus has a problem with PM running, all the other games are fine.
Attachments:
secu.jpg (201 Kb)
jorlin: MarkoH01 clearly proves that Securom is active on his/her computer.
ariaspi: But... MarkoH01 doesn't even own FEAR or its expansions.
True I was about to say that as well. All I did is taking the information people gave me who actually do own the game along with some quotes and forward it to GOG.
AB2012: Eg, anyone here want to download Process Monitor, run it and then load and play 30 seconds of Crysis, Far Cry 2, etc, to see if they work?
DampSquib: Only Fear Perseus has a problem with PM running, all the other games are fine.
That's interesting (even though it's still the same "issue" no matter if it happens in both expansions or just one) because here it was said that both expansions do have problems. Maybe it's also depending on the OS and/or other factors.
Post edited March 13, 2018 by MarkoH01
DampSquib: Only Fear Perseus has a problem with PM running, all the other games are fine.
MarkoH01: That's interesting (even though it's still the same "issue" no matter if it happens in both expansions or just one) because here it was said that both expansions do have problems. Maybe it's also depending on the OS and/or other factors.
I can confirm it also occurs in Extraction Point as well (see attached image). It's only the base game that's genuinely DRM-free. It's good news though that so far, no other games like Crysis are affected.
Attachments:
ariaspi: But... MarkoH01 doesn't even own FEAR or its expansions.
MarkoH01: True I was about to say that as well. All I did is taking the information people gave me who actually do own the game along with some quotes and forward it to GOG.
MarkoH01: That's interesting (even though it's still the same "issue" no matter if it happens in both expansions or just one) because here it was said that both expansions do have problems. Maybe it's also depending on the OS and/or other factors.
I could have sworn MarkoH01 had it installed. Oh, well I must have read selectively here. Sorry for the confusion, but the conclusion is still: SecuROM has no place here.
jorlin: I could have sworn MarkoH01 had it installed. Oh, well I must have read selectively here. Sorry for the confusion, but the conclusion is still: SecuROM has no place here.
Don't worry it actually might have sounded this way the way I posted here. My Sincere apologies for the confusion!
MarkoH01: True I was about to say that as well. All I did is taking the information people gave me who actually do own the game along with some quotes and forward it to GOG.

That's interesting (even though it's still the same "issue" no matter if it happens in both expansions or just one) because here it was said that both expansions do have problems. Maybe it's also depending on the OS and/or other factors.
jorlin: I could have sworn MarkoH01 had it installed. Oh, well I must have read selectively here. Sorry for the confusion, but the conclusion is still: SecuROM has no place here.
Don't worry it might have sound this way the way I posted. My sincere apologies for the confusion!
Post edited March 13, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Don't worry it actually might have sounded this way the way I posted here. My Sincere apologies for the confusion!
MarkoH01: Don't worry it might have sound this way the way I posted. My sincere apologies for the confusion!
That's alright. Apologies accepted, but I still blame myself for not reading thoroughly. I work at a language institute with piles upon piles of books around me, so naturally I'm a bit ashamed about this O_o...
Is there a list of GOG games bundled together with SecuROM? I know of F.E.A.R. (duh!) and Crysis, any other games I should look out for?
low rated
deleted
apehater: just don't buy any game on gog! aside from the fact that you get broken, abandoned, unupdated and malware ridden stuff only, buying on gog is like funding isis.
Really. Why are you even here anymore?
paladin181: Really. Why are you even here anymore?
apehater: i quit buying on gog for about 2 years now! i don't see any problem about criticizing gog on its own forum, especially if the critique is true!
Except it's not, and if you dislike it, would it not be better just to rid yourself of this tumor called GOG and focus your energy on positive things? Or are you one of those driven by hate to bring down everything you don't agree with? Because simply, hate is a stupid emotion to invest your energy in.
low rated
paladin181: Really. Why are you even here anymore?
apehater: i quit buying on gog for about 2 years now! i don't see any problem about criticizing gog on its own forum, especially since i don't have a life!
I suspect GOG has enough sense to not bother going to your house to criticize *you*. o.O
new year new chance i guess, maybe they finally fix it LOL
apehater: new year new chance i guess, maybe they finally fix it LOL
I was hoping your new year's resolution for 2019 was to get a life. Oh well, maybe next year. lol
apehater: new year new chance i guess, maybe they finally fix it LOL
We should make a game and whoever is closest to the actual date they will remve the DRM from F.E.A.R. gets a then DRM-free F.E.A.R. game for free.

My first guess is "one day after the apocalyse".and the second is "the day when GOG finds a competent programmer".