It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
high rated
It would be very tempting to take up this offer and refund a game which from the very beginning feel short of my expectations.

However, seeing that GOG would be paying out of their own pocket I will not do that. Thanks for being a company with class.
RSColonel_131st: It would be very tempting to take up this offer and refund a game which from the very beginning feel short of my expectations.

However, seeing that GOG would be paying out of their own pocket I will not do that. Thanks for being a company with class.
gog already got a cut from your initial purchase, lets say X%. Get this refund, and spend the money on other GOG games. GOG will get another cut over the same amount, so thats 2X% total, plus other companies will get 100-X%.

In the end, GOG wont lose much on this, NMS ownership numbers will go down and other gamedevs will make money. you should get the refund.
Good for you GoG. Taking care of your customers.
MischiefMaker: The ironic thing is, if they give me the refund, I'm totally gonna waste it on Ys VIII.
I'm eyeing up Trails in the sky 1 and 2, or Battletech....

The Trails of Cold Steel 1&2 would be so many hours of content.....

Kudos to GOG for doing this.
I didn't need another reason to keep voting with my wallet and buying on GOG, but there it is anyway.
Above and beyond response. Kudos GOG. Not that I want a refund. I'll just keep spending my money here. Although I was still planning on doing that before I read this.
ydraliskos: gog already got a cut from your initial purchase, lets say X%. Get this refund, and spend the money on other GOG games. GOG will get another cut over the same amount, so thats 2X% total, plus other companies will get 100-X%.
That doesn't sound right. For older owners GOG has more than likely already paid HG for copies of NMS sold, and GOG will still have to pay any developer/publisher for any game bought with the refunded wallet money. They're not getting anything out of this deal but goodwill... unless HG decides to reimburse GOG for their troubles, which seems unlikely to me.
Yesterday I requested the refund right after the news about the lack of multiplayer because I was angry, not for the multiplayer (I am not going to play it) but for the lack of information from GoG, and because the patch appeared hours after the PS4 or the Steam version.

But the multiplayer's fiasco is not GoG's fault, and I appreciate their honesty offering the refund, so I have cancelled it.
A lot of people are mentioning that Steam only refunds to your wallet and that's not true. They refund to your Paypal account or method or purchase. Also, this isn't being done out of good will. At least selling to me here in Australia, both GoG and Steam are obliged by law to give a refund on anything that isn't as advertised, and NMS has never been sold as advertised. I was patient for a long time and gave Hello Games their chance, and now I'm over it.

I understand how much this sucks for GoG, but honestly it's sort of what they get for not having any quality control over what they choose to sell on here. I'll still be spending more money here in the future either way (although I think I'll stick to older games or CD Projekt Red games from now on.)

I don't even want a full refund, just enough to buy the game on Steam right now while it's on sale. Is that really too much to ask?
I do not have the game, but for things like this, I buy everything I can in GOG instead of Steam.

Thanks for staying GOG.
RSColonel_131st: It would be very tempting to take up this offer and refund a game which from the very beginning feel short of my expectations.

ydraliskos: gog already got a cut from your initial purchase, lets say X%. Get this refund, and spend the money on other GOG games. GOG will get another cut over the same amount, so thats 2X% total, plus other companies will get 100-X%.

In the end, GOG wont lose much on this, NMS ownership numbers will go down and other gamedevs will make money. you should get the refund.
That's not how it works.
GoG takes 30% of every sale. The game costs 60$; GoG made 20$; they're refunding you full 60$, which means they're paying 40$ out of their pocket. No matter how you gonna spend it, if they're not recovering money from Hello Games, they're losing money here. But taking care of customers, which I respect.
This is how you win people over. This is a very pro-consumer gesture that few companies would be willing to do. Very well done, GOG.

Hello Games, on the other hand... I'm not surprised that they chose not to offer refunds. They're just that kind of company. And now GOG has to pay for their screw-up. Douchebags.

Lol. Your logic is flawed. If GOG got their cut (n * .30, let's say) then they refund the whole cost in store credit, and you buy another game, GOG gets their cut from the store credit. Meaning they're out the % they paid Hello, and they have to pay the dev or pub of any game you buy with that credit, and they have to pay them in real cash, while not getting a real cut of the new sale (because it was made with created imaginary money that you didn't actually give them money for this time). So GOG actually loses twice instead of gaining twice.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by paladin181
the game has no multiplayer for 2 years, why get people upset by this?
I don't own No Man's Sky, so all I can say is keep being awesome GOG!