It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Nicely done, GOG! Amazing gesture on your part.
I don't own the game, nor do I know if I'll purchase it in the future but even I felt compelled to praise GOG on their truly generous move. There are game companies out there should take lessons from such an example.

I look forward to many more years with GOG!

Keep up the great work guys and gals!
This is outstanding service! Thank you, GOG. You;'re going above and beyond. I'll be sticking with my GOG copy of NMS.
... and this is why GoG is always my first choice for games. Steam would never do this, and Hello Games should, once again, be truly ashamed of their appalling, sub-standard anti-consumer bullshit!
Good old GoG!
ipariszalonna: Can I transfer my GOG save to Steam? Did anyone try this?
bzman: Tried and no. The files are saved/encrypted differently so they won't transfer.

Did a lot of googling and the answer was basically no.
I just transferred mine about 5 minutes ago and it worked fine.
nivao: Okay, now I'm definitely moving over 100% to GOG. I bought the game on Steam, but I should've bought it here. I wouldn't have requested a refund anyway, but GOG deserves my money a lot more.

However, I do not understand what the fuss is about. There is no MP when the update was released, it's only delayed, right? So it'll still get MP later this year. Why would you go through all that effort to get a refund here, be disappointed that you only get wallet funds, then pay for the game again on Steam just for MP and spend the wallet funds on another game? You pay twice the money (albeit discounted) for something that will still be available here, but just later.

Why does no-one seem to remember that patience is a virtue?
Multiplayer is a big deal to many people (not me). Still, it would be nice to have a fully functioning game. I'm wondering about those community missions and if they will work on the GoG version.

I bought No Man's Sky back when it came out at full price but I'm still not sure if I'll refund the game. I don't want to buy it again (on Steam) then have $60 in store credit as I don't plan to buy any big titles here anymore except for CD Project Red games. Anyway, this is a very nice move by GoG.
RestlessPilgrim: ... and this is why GoG is always my first choice for games. Steam would never do this, and Hello Games should, once again, be truly ashamed of their appalling, sub-standard anti-consumer bullshit!
Good old GoG!
Hello Games have trouble with non open source Galaxy multiplayer integration. Not a reason for outrage.
Good move GOG. But I'm not going to use the refund because this situation is not a GOG fault.
Hello games should pay the consequences of their lies and their poorly support for this version.

The easiest solution would be give a steam key to every owner of the game in gog, but that is to much for Hello games
low rated
Stop behaving like pussies over a update that failed to deliver just few days ago. Give them time.
MIK0: Can't you just remove it from the catalogue and cease every relationship with Hello Games?
I don't understand. You refuse to bring to the store a lot of interesting games, yet you jumped on the hype bandwagon for this proved fail of a game and now you are paying the consequences of dealing with a company that proved to lie so many times (multiplayer was a promised feature on release, not an update to be celebrated years after). I think refunds are a due act to protect the customers you exposed to such low standard, not something to be praised for. And for the future it would be better to avoid dealing with HG at all.
styggron: That would be a terrible idea for people who like the game and have no remote interest in multiplayer or anything online (like myself), dropping support for them because people are unhappy MP is not available yet is not really the way forward.
You may have a point there. But the alternative is to open the store to cut down version of games like happened with Armello, so I don't know which one would be the best choice.
Anyway it would be wise to close partnership with HG, maybe leaving NMS as the only game on the catalogue if they happen to makes more in the future. There are a lot of iteresting games that wouldn't have brought so much issues to GOG like this one and still are not allowed on the store.
high rated
Well done GOG, a very honourable move.

Poorly done HG, pretty disgraceful behaviour all round.

If the refund came out of HG's pocket I'd now go for it, but I'm unhappy that GOG are bearing the full cost, so perversely I won't refund.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by henry1491
high rated
Just bought it here because of this. GoG being GoG. Awesome.
high rated
You didn't have to do this GOG thank you, really shows that you care - even at your own cost - I won't take advantage of this since I personally feel you guys shouldn't have to pay because another company could not deliver on there promises to everybody. But thank you for this olive branch.
Wow, what a great offer, GOG. You are really starting to remind me of the glory years lately. Thank you for reminding me why I love to shop here and give my business to GOG Bear.

Also, No Man's Sky seems like it has had nothing but bad press since its launch. From over-promising the original release to this, I just can't believe what this company is willing to do to customers.
The ironic thing is, if they give me the refund, I'm totally gonna waste it on Ys VIII.