It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
Firek: I just replied to your ticket - please reply to confirm, and I'll get those refund cogs grinding in a jiffy. :)

Also, more generally - it's 8PM over here, so our capacity to respond to all requests is somewhat diminished. :) We'll do our best, but some of you may get your responses first thing tomorrow. Thank you for your patience. :)
john_hatcher: I always found this train of thought very „interesting“. At 8pm, do you stop selling games or only slow down/stop support? Are you selling games 24/7 all over the world? If so, why not giving support 24/7? I know, support only costs money.
While GOG is selling games world wide, their support team is all based in Poland. Support is populated by people, who need to eat and sleep, just like you do.

This is a very generous and customer-centered decision GOG made here. Bravo Support Team! Splendid service right there. I don't have the game (nor do I plan to), but this is a very nice gesture.
Post edited July 27, 2018 by jorlin
CarbonSeed: This is GoG doing the right thing
Ropay: The right thing for who? GOG or the customer; excuse the rhetoric but clearly the latter. GOG's good will runs the risk of making a rod for its own back. From an economic perspective GOG should've held its own with regard to this whereas I fear now they are testing both their fan base AND their customer base to "do the right thing" (yes, I believe they are two different things, especially when it comes to GOG...but that's for another article).

I'm sorry but that's just how it is, "No good deed goes unpunished". I don't even own the game but, as an avid GOG supporter, it should be safe to say that a customer who buys such a game on GOG, should already be aware of the potential 'non-DRM' caveats (I'm not saying this is necessarily related to DRM, but more a blanket term for the extra work required for GOG releases).
i.e. lack of the Daily Challenge mode in Spelunky for example.

At least in this case the multiplayer feature is actually promised. Should Hello Games decide not to supply the content then we can start talking refunds.
By us getting the game on GOG , the game is Digital Rights Manage ment Free..... Other platformes like steam has a End User License agreement before you buy the game on Steam. This is why the delay in Multiplayer perhaps. All I care about on the multiplaer aspect is the wekly events. We will not beable to get this either. So hopefully they will not for get about us. OR give us free steam keys for the Game on Steam Vs refund
GOG.com: We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
How about istead of refund ,why don't you give us steam keys to get the game through them, no harm no foul?
Post edited July 27, 2018 by marcg1z28
john_hatcher: I always found this train of thought very „interesting“. At 8pm, do you stop selling games or only slow down/stop support? Are you selling games 24/7 all over the world? If so, why not giving support 24/7? I know, support only costs money.
jorlin: While GOG is selling games world wide, their support team is all based in Poland. Support is populated by people, who need to eat and sleep, just like you do.

This is a very generous and customer-centered decision GOG made here. Bravo Support Team! Splendid service right there. I don't have the game (nor do I plan to), but this is a very nice gesture.
I‘m with you on this, but I still think, that you can‘t „make money 24/7“, but „support only from 8 to 5“. As I said before, there is no law against night shifts in europe.
Sorry marcg1z28, I'm not sure why you've quoted me but your comment on the weekly events is interesting as it's probably analogous to why there isn't a Daily Challenge in the GOG version of Spelunky.
This type of features requires a hosting server in which case Steam is fine and dandy whereas GOG has no such thing.
(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong as this is based purely on assumption).

If this IS the case then I fear this may be more complicated than I initially thought and I can see now why GOG are offering refunds already. Basically, they will decide on a 'go ahead' on the multiplayer aspect based on how many customers request the refund. They are in a way trying to 'prove' that the work required is worth it.
(Somebody stop me if I'm getting carried away...!)

marcg1z28: How about istead of refund ,why don't you give us steam keys to get the game through them, no harm no foul?
This would probably have to come from an agreement between Hello Games and Steam i.e. it has nothing to do with GOG
jorlin: While GOG is selling games world wide, their support team is all based in Poland. Support is populated by people, who need to eat and sleep, just like you do.

john_hatcher: I‘m with you on this, but I still think, that you can‘t „make money 24/7“, but „support only from 8 to 5“. As I said before, there is no law against night shifts in europe.
There may be no law against it but, as someone who has worked MANY night shift jobs, the staff generally must be paied more(Not a lot mind you but stil lmore) and night shifts are usually skeleton crews when compaired to the day shift. So even when staffed, responce times will be lowered.

Also, there are lots of businesses that sell products 24/7 but only offer support on the weekdays during regular business hours. Its done to Min/Max cost/profit. Keep costs down by only staffing during the week, keep selling to max profit even when theres no support.
I'm tempted to ask a refund but I do want to support GOG so for now I don't. The only question I really want to know the answer is: will we be able to play with Steam players? If yes, then I don't see any reason to ask for a refund.
timppu: Then I guess you need to reject this refund offer from GOG (ie. not take it), and try to raise your refund issue separately. You should probably also hire an Australian lawyer.

Maybe more games should be region-locked from Australians so we would have less of these kind of issues?
SStoj: No lawyer necessary.

My post to customer service:

"I purchased No Man's Sky when it first came out and was severely disappointed with the lack of multiplayer capability at launch. I decided to wait for the game to update to see if it got added, rather than seek a refund at the time.
You see this? This is why I would not give you a refund. This entire post. Its also the reason why I would never sell anything to Australians.

You bought it when it came out, "Decided to wait" to see if it got added....2 years later, piles of updates and one delayed(Not MISSING) feature and suddenly you think you're entitled to a refund on a 2 year old product? Hell no I would not give you your money back. The reasonable amount of time has long passed. More so on software that, with no DRM, can be easily copied and traded off.

Like my last post to this stupidness said, law is interpretation and you will always interpret it to your side.

I would have paid to see this go to court for a laugh.
Ropay: Sorry marcg1z28, I'm not sure why you've quoted me but your comment on the weekly events is interesting as it's probably analogous to why there isn't a Daily Challenge in the GOG version of Spelunky.
This type of features requires a hosting server in which case Steam is fine and dandy whereas GOG has no such thing.

If this IS the case then I fear this may be more complicated than I initially thought and I can see now why GOG are offering refunds already. Basically, they will decide on a 'go ahead' on the multiplayer aspect based on how many customers request the refund. They are in a way trying to 'prove' that the work required is worth it.
I don‘t think that wouöd be a good idea to say „will be delayed“ and then some time down the road „sorry, not going to happen“, because as you may have read, there are a few people expressing that they are waiting for the multiplayer.
What do you think will happen, if there will never be a multiplayer mode for the GOG version?

marcg1z28: How about istead of refund ,why don't you give us steam keys to get the game through them, no harm no foul?
Ropay: This would probably have to come from an agreement between Hello Games and Steam i.e. it has nothing to do with GOG
I‘d they that this wouöd cost money, GOG‘s money as opposed to give out credits and resell the NMS „licenses“.

@Zaiaku: You are most probably right, but I don‘t have to like that and I will criticise this as I have down with other companies that do that.
Ropay: Sorry marcg1z28, I'm not sure why you've quoted me but your comment on the weekly events is interesting as it's probably analogous to why there isn't a Daily Challenge in the GOG version of Spelunky.

john_hatcher: I don‘t think that wouöd be a good idea to say „will be delayed“ and then some time down the road „sorry, not going to happen“, because as you may have read, there are a few people expressing that they are waiting for the multiplayer.
What do you think will happen, if there will never be a multiplayer mode for the GOG version?
Same thing that happened with Necropolis. Nothing.
So how many copies were refunded until today ?
john_hatcher: I don‘t think that wouöd be a good idea to say „will be delayed“ and then some time down the road „sorry, not going to happen“, because as you may have read, there are a few people expressing that they are waiting for the multiplayer.
paladin181: Same thing that happened with Necropolis. Nothing.
To be honest, then it is the customers who still buy here, are responsible for things like that to happen. If GOG or any developer pulls something like that, I would want my money back (and not some worthless credits) and if GOG, who I made a contract with, doesm't do this, I'd stop buying here, because that is the only way to tell GOG that it is not ok to sell half complete games.
Seeing most of the responses here, I think GOG has made no mistake here and nearly everybody is happy. That's ok with me, because I can only speak for myself, but as said above, I would not be happy with neither NMS nor Necropolis (something I didn't know until you mentioned it just now).

Amyway. let's see how this multiplayer turns out. While I'm at it ... why doesn't GOG answers the questions "will GOG players be able to play with Steam players" and "when is soon". Both are very legit questions in my humble opinion.
A good move from GOG, but I'm not going to take it tho as it shouldn't fall to GOG to refund Hello Games screw up.
john_hatcher: Amyway. let's see how this multiplayer turns out. While I'm at it ... why doesn't GOG answers the questions "will GOG players be able to play with Steam players" and "when is soon". Both are very legit questions in my humble opinion.
Especially with a limited window to get refunded right now.
john_hatcher: Amyway. let's see how this multiplayer turns out. While I'm at it ... why doesn't GOG answers the questions "will GOG players be able to play with Steam players" and "when is soon". Both are very legit questions in my humble opinion.
paladin181: Especially with a limited window to get refunded right now.
My educated guess is 'no', based on the following:

1. Multiplayer is currently steam and PS4 only, but not on GOG - Which strongly implies that it's NOT using servers and multiplayer tech built and hosted by Hello Games, but instead using valve/steams networking services, and Sony's Play services.

2. If support is coming to GOG 'later', it implies they're going to implement it afresh. Either they build their own entire network stack and servers and migrate all steam/ps4 users to it, (hard), OR use GOGs new networking/multiplayer services instead, and let GOG host it. (easier than building all from scratch.)

Maybe someone else has more insight or facts on this, but for now, my best guess is 'no crossplay.'
I hope I'm wrong on this.
paladin181: Especially with a limited window to get refunded right now.
LordIvan: My educated guess is 'no', based on the following:

1. Multiplayer is currently steam and PS4 only, but not on GOG - Which strongly implies that it's NOT using servers and multiplayer tech built and hosted by Hello Games, but instead using valve/steams networking services, and Sony's Play services.

2. If support is coming to GOG 'later', it implies they're going to implement it afresh. Either they build their own entire network stack and servers and migrate all steam/ps4 users to it, (hard), OR use GOGs new networking/multiplayer services instead, and let GOG host it. (easier than building all from scratch.)

Maybe someone else has more insight or facts on this, but for now, my best guess is 'no crossplay.'
I hope I'm wrong on this.
Concidering Sony's position on crossplatform...#2.A is not going to happen. Sony wount allow it. 2.B is the answer that would work best. In that option, its possable to have Steam and GoG cross platform. but even that has its issues.