It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know that many of you expressed disappointment about the lack of the new multiplayer feature in the latest update to No Man's Sky on GOG.COM. While we have limited control over games and content updates, we want you to have the best and risk-free experience possible when you buy a game on GOG.COM.

Although Hello Games chose not to offer refunds over missing game content to our users and instead promised to bring the missing multiplayer content later this year, we understand that some of you might not be willing to wait. For this reason, entirely at GOG's own cost, we’re offering an extended refund policy for all owners of No Man’s Sky. Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
paukku: Could you guys tell us if there's going to crossplay with Steam? If nobody at GOG knows then you could ask HelloGames about that? Pretty sure they should be able to answer that much.

Also what's the DRM status in this game exactly because as far I can see, the game isn't DRM-free since online features require GOG Galaxy whilst logged into an account that owns No Man's Sky. I don't know what you guys call that but I would call that DRM-freeless. And does the multiplayer portion going to require GOG Galaxy connected to an account with the game purcahsed?

It's nice of you to offe a refund but I'm telling you right now that there's almost certainly going to be another shit storm once multiplayer is implemented but people find out that it's not going to be DRM-free.

So as it stands I'm considering getting a refund not just for the delay but for the fact that the game isn't DRM-free.
Many games on GOG have multiplayer requiring you to login to a server, service, or Galaxy. This is server based multiplayer, not DRM, and most customers seem to view it as such. As long as multiplayer is like Dark Souls (able to be turned off, or off by default if no internet connection is detected) it should not be a problem.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by paladin181
noisecrime: The problem with this is that due to recent events ( postal 2 tweet and then its dumb apology) and poor NMS communication I had decided not to use GOG any more. So getting funds in a wallet for a service I no longer wish to use is quite ironic.
timppu: It is quite pragmatic and logical. Since you say you are not going to buy anything from GOG anymore even if you got a full refund (not GOG wallet funds)... then it doesn't really matter to GOG how they refund to you, does it? After all, either way you have decided to boycott GOG from here to eternity, and beyond.
Actually I'm just not going to use their service to buy any more games, not cancel my account and lose my game library. So yes if i'm forced to re-buy NMS on steam of course i'm going to try and regain my loss by using the refund.

Either way you're missing the main point, the loss of trust in both HG and GOG to be able to fully support this game in the future. That's why I went for the refund. I'm not prepared to miss out on MP with my friends in NMS or the upcoming community events and there is simply no guarantee that on GOG it will get MP, or that it will be cross-platform with Steam or that we wouldn't miss out on other features in the future, not to mention the delayed updates to every other service out there.

I guess it makes more sense for GOG to try to please other people who are going to buy GOG games also in the future, doesn't it? You are not their core audience, sorry!
Not any more no. A proper refund might have kept me though.
Post edited July 25, 2018 by noisecrime
I have to say, Hello Games actually trying to provide a Galaxy-client multiplayer aspect for their game is pretty incredible.

99% of developers just copy their game on Steam but for GOG Galaxy instead and remove features that seem inconvenient for them to add. Here they're actually trying to adapt to add something that would please gog costumers instead of just removing the feature in its entirety like with some games on here and move on with it. I've read that some people on here consider themselves jokingly as second class citizens sometimes when compared to how devs care far more about Steam so thats a breath of fresh air to see. They are actually spending resources to care about GOG and thats far better than not caring about it at all.
low rated
deleted
Post edited July 25, 2018 by Fairfox
I was somewhat upset last night when it came through that the multiplayer aspect would be delayed on GOG. I do understand why, but I was more upset by the way it was announced only after the update was released. GOG really should have come out right after NEXT was announced and at least stated that "the multiplayer aspect may not be available from GOG at launch".

So then I did what any reasonable adult would do. I stepped back for a moment. Had a drink. Thought about it a bit. Then decided that GOG very likely didn't want to screw people over, and that they just didn't appreciate the amount of frustration this would cause some owners of the game. And if anything, we should still be mad at HG for putting out a sub-par game in the first place and then not saying anything for MONTHS on end. GOG was still in the wrong for not telling us about multiplayer until after the update launched, but HG is ultimately responsible.

So then I decided if I wanted to play with friends on steam, I will just spend the $30 (since it is currently 50% off) and buy it there and just get over it. Which is what I did. I played it for a few hours (sadly I had to restart from scratch since you can't move over your saved games to steam). But I had fun rediscovering the game. Even had a nerd freak out when I was finally able to join a game with a friend and we messed around for an hour doing stuff together and by then I had totally forgotten about all this.

I am not rich. Far from it. I can only buy one cheap game every few months, so I used that to buy it on steam. And I will NOT be asking for a refund here. GOG was not the one that promised multiplayer support, HG did. So why would I want to scr*w GOG over?

If you want a refund, then ask for it. They didn't have to do it. HG games didn't when they put out the sub-par game in the first place. But GOG has a good fan base and they are clearly ashamed of what they did by not giving out all the details ahead of time. And they are doing what they think is right.

I will play on steam until hopefully GOG gets it going. I will probably play the GOG version on another computer to keep my single player game going while I do the multiplayer on steam. And I will have fun doing it.
vonHardenberg: Even Steam only refunds store credit. And, you know, they're not obliged to do that. GOG is literally bending over backwards, offering refunds 2 BLOODY YEARS after the release of the game, for an issue that they have no hand in, based on a missing feature in a FREE update that came YEARS after the initial release.

I'm done with humanity, forums in general and any NMS related ones in particular. The amount of hissy fits thrown over a bad (subjective thing, I liked it) 60-buck-videogame 2 years after release is beyond the pale. There's no pleasing some people, and my best wishes go out to GOG's support stuff. You're doing a great job, and you haven't deserved to deal with this kind of garbage.
ragrding Steam only refunding Store credit: the 1 refund I did which was because something went on sale a day later, was refunded with what I spent in cash pending a transfer back to my account and what was store credit refunded back right awway. I like the way GOG is handling this but I'm half-and-half. On the one hand a refund would be nice. On the other, I have it on Steam and won't get the preorder DLC for there-even if I tried.
I think its amazing what you offer GOG, i do not have the game on GOG, only on Steam, maybe some day you will have it on connect.
Anyway, made peace that I wasted the money, will never buy anything from Hello Games again.
Thanks anyway GOG for your generous offer to other people that have the game on GOG.
Very classy move on the part of GoG, and it is definitely appreciated.
Can I transfer my GOG save to Steam? Did anyone try this?
GOG.com: Even if your purchase is no longer covered by the 30-Day Money Back Guarantee, you can contact our customer support team and we’ll issue a refund in wallet funds.

This extended refund policy applies to all owners of No Man's Sky on GOG.COM who request the refund by this Sunday, July 29, 10:00 PM UTC.
To allow us to make a more informed decision it would help if three questions are definitively answered:
1. We will not know until sometime after July 29, 2018 what rewards, awards, achievements, etc., will be included in the weekly updates and community missions/events or if those weekly updates or missions will even be offered to orphans of GOG. Will GOG orphans be granted those same awards, rewards, achievements, updates, etc., allowed to the other platforms and distributors simply by playing the game at least once per week even if the community missions cannot be granted or completed on GOG versions?

2. The announcement of delayed features, etc., is not very definitive and therefore not very reassuring as to whether or not GOG users will actually be welcomed back into the No Man's Sky community or simply left in the orphanarium (this reads more to be a case where this has been added to a to-do list as phrases like “we expect” and “remains in the pipeline” are general intents and not firm commitment to welcome GOG users back into the community. Can we get a definitive joint statement from GOG and Hello Games that all features, etc., will be incorporated into the GOG version? After all, Hello Games authorized and promoted GOG as one of the two distributors of the PC version of this game with no indication that we would be abandoned on someone's doorstep.

3. Will GOG castaways receive all of the same patches that are distributed to other platforms? By this I would mean anything and everything that did not absolutely require multiplayer capabilities.

Thank you in advance for your consideration and prompt reply.
Post edited July 26, 2018 by ChewyWeAreNotHome
ipariszalonna: Can I transfer my GOG save to Steam? Did anyone try this?
Tried and no. The files are saved/encrypted differently so they won't transfer.

Did a lot of googling and the answer was basically no.
low rated
Can't you just remove it from the catalogue and cease every relationship with Hello Games?
I don't understand. You refuse to bring to the store a lot of interesting games, yet you jumped on the hype bandwagon for this proved fail of a game and now you are paying the consequences of dealing with a company that proved to lie so many times (multiplayer was a promised feature on release, not an update to be celebrated years after). I think refunds are a due act to protect the customers you exposed to such low standard, not something to be praised for. And for the future it would be better to avoid dealing with HG at all.
high rated
MIK0: Can't you just remove it from the catalogue and cease every relationship with Hello Games?
I don't understand. You refuse to bring to the store a lot of interesting games, yet you jumped on the hype bandwagon for this proved fail of a game and now you are paying the consequences of dealing with a company that proved to lie so many times (multiplayer was a promised feature on release, not an update to be celebrated years after). I think refunds are a due act to protect the customers you exposed to such low standard, not something to be praised for. And for the future it would be better to avoid dealing with HG at all.
That would be a terrible idea for people who like the game and have no remote interest in multiplayer or anything online (like myself), dropping support for them because people are unhappy MP is not available yet is not really the way forward.
WOW GOG! You are my favourite platfom, but this one... Will not refund anyhow as I do not care for MP all that much/at all and allready had a good deal of fun with the initial version of NMS.

All the best

phil
Very classy move GoG ! Thank you guys for your support