It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to our jolly dystopia.

<span class="bold">We Happy Few</span>, a stylish action/adventure about escaping a city of oppressive happiness, is coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Did you take your happy pill today? Please try not to skip on your regular dose, otherwise you might start hallucinating and seeing things that shouldn't be there. Like derelict houses dressed in colourful banners. People jumping off London Bridge with a smile painted on their faces. Violent acts against those who refuse to always look on the bright side of life.

You are not one of those, by any chance? Because if so, you better run, hide, or take your happy pill with a nice cup of tea. Before we find you and give it to you.

Wishlist <span class="bold">We Happy Few</span> today and get ready for a dark tale set in a 1960s dystopia of cheerful denial and obligatory merriment, coming soon, DRM-free on GOG.com.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/7-PAEswwgLY
Post edited July 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
What are you people talking about when you saying high specs a 2.5 GHz cpu is pretty much standard these days along with 8 gigs of DDR3, the HD7870 is a 4 year old graphics card that you can pick up used for around £70 and that is top end requirements, if you can't even match bottom end requirements you obviously have not upgraded for over 6 years.

I appreciate that not everyone has the money to keep updating but this is the nature of PC gaming you have to upgrade every 3-4 years otherwise you will not be able to play newer titles, seems to me that people want to be able to play all the new titles on a toaster and that's just not going to happen I'm afraid.
JudasIscariot: It's a "Coming Soon" announcement, not a pre-order :)
Wishbone: It's an honest mistake. We are so used to you only announcing any release ahead of time if there is a pre-order involved.
We've announced quite a few Coming Soon games without pre-orders :P
Manywhelps: Hi folks! Sam from Compulsion here. We're going to keep an eye on the forums etc on launch, and are keen to get your feedback. In the meantime...
shmerl: Welcome to GOG, good to see you here :)

Zelux: Is there a Linux version coming to GoG aswell?
I know its not coming to Linux and Mac at release, but I know it will be coming later down the line.
So if the Linux version will be on steam, will there be a linux version on gog aswell? :)
shmerl: Eventually the Linux version should come out on GOG. But probably not in-development Linux version (there is some possibility, but developers can't promise it). See this thread: http://compulsiongames.com/forum/discussion/2300/alpha-beta-version-for-linux
Thanks for the info :). Good to see a friendly face from GoL here on gog aswell.
Wishbone: It's an honest mistake. We are so used to you only announcing any release ahead of time if there is a pre-order involved.
JudasIscariot: We've announced quite a few Coming Soon games without pre-orders :P
At a guess, how many percent of your releases with no pre-order would you say have graced the "Upcoming" tab on the front page since its creation? And out of those, how many have had any release date other than "TBA" at any time prior to their release?

You don't actually have to answer those ;-)
JudasIscariot: We've announced quite a few Coming Soon games without pre-orders :P
Wishbone: At a guess, how many percent of your releases with no pre-order would you say have graced the "Upcoming" tab on the front page since its creation? And out of those, how many have had any release date other than "TBA" at any time prior to their release?

Are we moving the goalposts now? :P
Really, really happy this is coming here. I liked the look of it, love the art style.
Wishbone: At a guess, how many percent of your releases with no pre-order would you say have graced the "Upcoming" tab on the front page since its creation? And out of those, how many have had any release date other than "TBA" at any time prior to their release?

JudasIscariot: Are we moving the goalposts now? :P
Not really. I'm actually trying to give you some advice in my own circumspect way. Your policy of "don't say anything until a game is actually released" is costing you sales. Plenty of people will happily wait buying a game until it releases on GOG, provided they know it will be released on GOG. When you know that you will be releasing game X on July 15th, but you don't tell anyone, then all those people who would like to buy game X today will buy it somewhere it is actually for sale, even though they might prefer buying it on GOG. If you announced the release once you had the details in place, at least some of those people would wait for the GOG release and buy it here instead.

It does seem to be a conscious policy of GOG's, given your track record in this area, although I have never understood the benefit you see in it. All I see are drawbacks, both for you and your customers.
I really like the aesthetics and premise. Am I alone in getting a slight Clockwork Orange vibe from it?

Will keep my eye on this one.
Post edited July 07, 2016 by ReynardFox
in a similar vein, when I saw this game mentioned on the BBC, about 3 weeks ago, I quickly jumped to the games website.

I was greeted with the usual Steam logo. Oh great, I though another game I won't get to play. But ever hopeful I send my normal email off to the developer explaining why I don't use steam and asking if there are later plans to release DRM free or via GoG.

To my joy I got back a email saying they will be releasing on GoG at the same time.

I'm curious to why Steam got first billing when the developer intended to release on GoG as well?
mechmouse: I'm curious to why Steam got first billing when the developer intended to release on GoG as well?
Seems to be par for the course for a number of devs. Steam is simply where the big money is, I guess. *shrug* It still puzzles me that some don't advertise at all the fact they sell on GOG as well.
This game looks really well done, but something about this game's execution of "me vs. everyone else" rubs me the wrong way, in kind of a pretentious "unplug from the Matrix" way I suppose. Any other elaboration will probably sound crazy to anyone else though, so I'll just say I'm glad that people have the option to buy from GOG.
mechmouse: I'm curious to why Steam got first billing when the developer intended to release on GoG as well?
mistermumbles: Seems to be par for the course for a number of devs. Steam is simply where the big money is, I guess. *shrug* It still puzzles me that some don't advertise at all the fact they sell on GOG as well.
True, that's where the money is, but advertising a GoG version along side Steam at the same time you make your release announcement isn't going to effect your bottom line. What it will do is help loosen the grip VALVe has over publishers.

Also its a huge delay between announcement and GoG saying "look we've got it too". The only saving grace it that you don't appear to be able to pre-order on Steam at the moment.

It could be GoG's QC causing the delay.
The graphics look good and I like that face from the background image. But unfortunately the system requirements for this game seem to be out of reach for me.
tfishell: This game looks really well done, but something about this game's execution of "me vs. everyone else" rubs me the wrong way, in kind of a pretentious "unplug from the Matrix" way I suppose. Any other elaboration will probably sound crazy to anyone else though, so I'll just say I'm glad that people have the option to buy from GOG.
I think I know what you mean. Its a common trope which allows the justification of killing innocent People just because they're controlled.

I always thought the ending of the Matrix trilogy was bloody awful, so much could have been done
That's faptastic. Looking forward to unravel the mystery of that world....