It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
Creepy teaser......
low rated
Well well well, what do we have here?

It is not a byproduct of Crapbitch... Crapdog... Beambitch... Whatever, those "parasites of gaming", anyway.

But a work from Larian, instead? THE, Larian Studios???

That's some good news, with emphasis to "news", for a change! Now, am going to check it out for sure!
Post edited June 07, 2019 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
OldOldGamer: And D&D has AC, that I can't stand.
RyaReisender: If you mean armor class and have an issue with "Lower AC = Better", then you might be happy to hear than in D&D 5e, that's no longer the case. Now higher AC is better, so it's pretty much just a stat where each point gives you 5% extra dodge.
Cheers :)

What I meant is that I have a mental block in thinking armor avoid damage and, more generally, how it works in D&D.
Dear gaming God!

Please not the same fighting system as in DOS2

And please do not let Larian be the J. J. Abrams of Gaming! (Gene Rodenberry knows what I am talking about - may God rest his soul)

Besides of that I believe in Larian to make a decent and Baldurs Gate - worthy story.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by repe666
repe666: Dear gaming God!

And please do not let Larian be the J. J. Abrams of Gaming! (Gene Rodenberry knows what I am talking about - may God rest his soul)

Besides of that I believe in Larian to make a decent and Baldurs Gate - worthy story.
It will be a completely new combat system different from DOS2, OG Baldur's Gate which is probably good because i don't think 5e would translate well into such combat these games have. Larian has not yet provided details on how it will work though.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
I'm hoping the combat system will be turn based but we'll see. I'm disappointed that it sounds like few, if any, of the characters from the first two games will be involved though.
This can't be anything but great but it will be interesting to see if Larian manage to create a classic out of it.
BG 3+
Larian-Studios+
No Beamdog+

...well that really let me hope that we get a good BG 3 :)
I know we many people are against it, but let me pre-order dammit. now....
1jocator: If it doesn't import BG2 (or BG2EE) saves and continue the story of the Bhaalspawn then it's not really BG3.
Which is a good thing considering how silly the Ballspawn story went.
shmerl: No Linux version listed. What? They are making it for Stadia. So why is the Linux version not announced for GOG as well?
Stadia is a streaming service, so it doesn't have to have a platform specific version of the game.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by tomimt
BeatriceElysia: I was disappointed at first, really wanted any kind of fantasy Divinity, but then I realized this also awesome since it's not sci-fi.
Mafwek: You do realize science fiction is superior to fantasy?
It's not
This is exciting news. Larian is a great company that has turned out some very good rpg's. I do hope that there is some cross developer cooperation with some of the folks at Obsidian Entertainment from the old Black Isle days. I think Larian was a good place to land for this. I am not a Beamdog basher ( I have seen comments adressing them in this thread so I will comment). I look at them more of a modding/additional tweaks type of developer..I did not really care for the extra fluff they added to the enhanced edditions of balders gate II beyond the engine/QoL tweaks. I think Larian will do a great job.
Kelefane: I hope so. The Drow are an extremely interesting race. My Drizzt fanboyism is gushing just thinking of it.
Was never a fan of Drow, except Jarlaxle, but he isn't typical Drow.

Are Drow even available as player race in 5E? They were extremely powerful in previous editions, which is why they had huge level penalty in 3.5E (and why Pathfinder has two Drow races).
Mafwek: You do realize science fiction is superior to fantasy?
BeatriceElysia: It's not
Oh, prove it!

Relax, just teasing. But if I would be pressed to analyse both genres, I would be hard to find more quality stories in fantasy; rather than Sci-fi. But than you remember fantasy gave us Planescape: Torment so competition is still on.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by Mafwek
Kelefane: I hope so. The Drow are an extremely interesting race. My Drizzt fanboyism is gushing just thinking of it.
Mafwek: Are Drow even available as player race in 5E? They were extremely powerful in previous editions, which is why they
No, Drow are not available as player race in 5E, not even with all the official extra races that are not included in the core book.

WotC stated at one point that they don't consider Drow a good player race, because their inherently evil nature only causes disturbances and fights between players, which is considered a pretty bad thing in P&P.

Half of the official adventures end up with some Drow being the evil master mind behind whatever the problem is, though.
1jocator: If it doesn't import BG2 (or BG2EE) saves and continue the story of the Bhaalspawn then it's not really BG3.
tomimt: Which is a good thing considering how silly the Ballspawn story went.
shmerl: No Linux version listed. What? They are making it for Stadia. So why is the Linux version not announced for GOG as well?
tomimt: Stadia is a streaming service, so it doesn't have to have a platform specific version of the game.
A single stadia unit which scales up at the google datacenters is using Debian as its base with Vulkan API running on AMD hardware with a Vega GPU. The stadia SDK the developers target handles the multiplayer aspect, input abstraction via SDL, saves, state of the game being tracked, runtime environment to target..

What it all means that a game developed for Stadia means your game engine can run on Debian (a gnu+linux distro) natively and use the AMD llinux driver stack for vulkan (RADV or AMDVLK).

So we expect a port to linux can be done if you put in that effort to port your engine. The vulkan API support in linux is excellent for both AMD and Nvidia. The netwoking support is already present in your engine and you don't rip it out and create a seperate version of engine just to integrate it with stadia - it'll be extended to handle networking exposed by stadia SDK. So a full blown game port for gnu+linux should be easier to do now for larian/ or any studio whcih targets Stadia than before.