It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
The worst thing about Early Access is that dumb people with dumb opinions (who literally never played any BG game before) are gonna give their dumb opinions to the devs, which always makes me nervous as to how the game will turn out.
Looking forward to this game as well, Larian studios are the best choice for developing this game, as far as the continued story from the previous BG saga, we will soon see whether or not this is a boon, or bust!

However, having the original writer of Torment will point this into the boon category for sure!

JakobFel: I'm probably going to wait until it's out of early access, partially because I'm kinda strapped for cash at the moment and I want the benefit of the bug fixes, but I'm definitely hyped for this. I'm not keen on the turn-based combat but it still looks phenomenal and I can't wait to play it.
Oh shit, really? I'll have to wait 'til it's out of EA/InDev before I even think about getting it then, which is just as well due to me being cash-strapped for a couple months due to 3090/CP2k77!
Post edited September 12, 2020 by takezodunmer2005

Default API is Vulkan 1.1
Good.) Let's hope it's well-implemented and optimized.

Maybe it's time for GOG to replace "DirectX" field with "Graphics API" in "System requirements" section and list all APIs supported by a game in a single line.
Post edited September 12, 2020 by AlexTerranova
ChrisGamer300: Very intriguing, calling it Baldur's Gate III and make it so different is strange but it's great that Larian is developing it and hopefully it will be a great game so i'm definately looking forward to it a LOT.
MassPandemic: Why is it strange, it's been a long time since any bauldur's gate game and divinity original sin 1 and 2 basically took the old formula and made it better so it's only natural they would be given the IP as nobody else in the industry is doing it as well as they are. I think it's the natural progression for the baldur's gate ip given the amount of time since the last game until now.
Because it gives false impressons, even in this very thread we have people thinking this game will continue from BG 1&2 when it's not the case, that story is over !
Larian has said there is some connections but this game really is an continuation from WoTC tabletop game Baldur's Gate Descent into Avernus more than "Baldur's Gate 1&2 ". Personally i have no issues with it.
Insta-buy, drool.

Default API is Vulkan 1.1
AlexTerranova: Good.) Let's hope it's well-implemented and optimized.

Maybe it's time for GOG to replace "DirectX" field with "Graphics API" in "System requirements" section and list all APIs supported by a game in a single line.
Yeah, I still don't know what kind of 'benefits' CDPR got for making Cyberpunk DX12. Especially since it will be on Google Stadia...

Vulkan ftw. Especially for Linux gamers.
Latest info about BG3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_5KuItVaoY
Omg! yes, day 1! I can't wait more. Shadowheart waifu.
Crosmando: The worst thing about Early Access is that dumb people with dumb opinions (who literally never played any BG game before) are gonna give their dumb opinions to the devs, which always makes me nervous as to how the game will turn out.
Do you think the finished product will suffer from consolitis ?
Crosmando: The worst thing about Early Access is that dumb people with dumb opinions (who literally never played any BG game before) are gonna give their dumb opinions to the devs, which always makes me nervous as to how the game will turn out.
So why don´t you join in too, so "the other" opinion would be heard as well?

There will be many who played some BG game before, here and on Steam as well, I wouldn´t be that worried about that aspect.

But I will wait for the full release of the game and not gonna buy it before - I have learned my lesson from Bloodlines 2.
Post edited September 12, 2020 by Tarhiel
Nice! Seeing Larian as the developer (and publisher) is nice since i like these guys and their games (especially DD & D:OS). I can't comment on the screenshots & video since it's too early yet. In any case, i hope everything goes the way they want it to!
Looking forward to all the juicy BG3 content :)
I was at first quite skeptical when it comes to turn-based combat because the original series had real-time with pause. After trying turn-based mode in Pathfinder Kingmaker I've changed my mind. The roots of D&D are turn-based and Pathfinder Kingmaker is extremely good in this mode. I expect BG3 to be even better.
Only consider getting it if I can roll up a Drow warpriestess of Eilistraee :P
Tarhiel: So why don´t you join in too, so "the other" opinion would be heard as well?

There will be many who played some BG game before, here and on Steam as well, I wouldn´t be that worried about that aspect.

But I will wait for the full release of the game and not gonna buy it before - I have learned my lesson from Bloodlines 2.
I don't like to play games in incomplete state.
I know it's just a cinematic trailer - but damn that was cool (and fucking creepy! Ithilids... *shudder*).

Can't wait - will sit out until full retail release for this one but wow can't believe it's right around the corner.