It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.

Baldur’s Gate III Early Access coming to GOG.COM on October 6th!
Kelefane: I wonder if this new adaptation of the BG realm will have Drow as a playable race ?
ChrisGamer300: I have wondered this as well and while i don't boost a drow avatar myself, i do would enjoy playing a Chaotic Evil Drow. I hope we get an answer to this soon.
I hope so. The Drow are an extremely interesting race. My Drizzt fanboyism is gushing just thinking of it.
Snagging this full-price when it comes out, may even break my rule and pre-order it, Larian is definitely on par with CDPR for being the best AAA/indie developers out there!

...Wish they had the rights to Dragon age as bioware is pure shit nowadays!
Post edited June 06, 2019 by takezodunmer2005
I was disappointed at first, really wanted any kind of fantasy Divinity, but then I realized this also awesome since it's not sci-fi.
Nice to know this is coming here in advance. I still need to do a playthrough of the first 2 games.
I guess this will have Vulkan support?!
So no Black Hound? I remember drooling on the old Black Isle forums for any tidbits regarding Jefferson (or was it Van Buren that Black Hound was codenamed as). All of that ideation has been dropped?
Cool, Deffo on the instant buy list when it comes out sometime in the future.
Hmm, Since wizard of the coast is involved i wonder if they are going to collaborate on a board game as well or if this is only tied to to the Baldurs 3 game.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Lodium
Holy f*. I saw the rumors but thought it was just a joke.

Can I pinch someone to make sure I am not dreaming and it is not a joke?
Post edited June 06, 2019 by acute71
as long as beamdog doesn't have a hand in the creation of BG3 then i am happy enough
Breja: Of all the things Larian could make this is the least interesting to me. But I'm probably the only person in the world who would be more excited for Dragon Commander 2 than Baldur's Gate.
Hear, hear!

A great game that is way more than the sum of its parts.
Larian and not Beamdog ? Someone could explain to me ?
GOG.com: An ancient evil has returned to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out. The fate of Faerun lies in your hands. Alone, you may resist. But together, you can overcome.

Larian Studios have just announced that they are developing and publishing Baldur’s Gate III. Created in close collaboration with the Dungeons & Dragons team at Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate III is based off current D&D mechanics and spells and is the official new chapter in the legendary series.

Baldur’s Gate III will push the boundaries of the RPG genre and offer a rich narrative with unparalleled player freedom, high-stakes decisions, unique companion characters and memorable combat. It is Larian Studios’ biggest production ever and will be playable together with friends or as a single-player adventure.

Prepare for the return of a malevolent presence to Baldur's Gate, intent on devouring it from the inside out, corrupting everything that remains in the Forgotten Realms.

Alone you may resist, but together you can overcome. Gather your party.
Really happy for larian, couldn't think of anyone more capable to carry the torch POG
I can't find the words to describe my joy. I can't wait to lay my hands on this game. Developed by Larian! I love Divinity, I'm confident they will deliver a great game. I feel like i'm back into my childhood. I'm sooo hyped right now!
Leokosta: Larian and not Beamdog ? Someone could explain to me ?
Larain probably made a better offer then Beamdog.
In this case, gald that Beamdog did not get it.
I am not a Beamdog hater, but do think their original material for their games has pretty much stunk.
Remember Siege of Dragonspear? (and I don't care about the charecters being Bi, id di care that the gameplay puretyt much stank.Some people hated it for all the wrong reasons).
I think they did a good job on making games playbal on modern systems without jumping thorugh a lot of hoops, but when they try to improve game content, they just plain suck.
Post edited June 07, 2019 by dudalb
low rated
Mmm... Larian is always too high fantasy for me.

And D&D has AC, that I can't stand.

So, we'll see.