It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Niggles: Any updates ?
Guess we'll find out what Cinemaware's course of action is with their upcoming It Came from the Desert release.
PixelBoy: I suppose they could terminate their contract with Kalypso if they wanted to, but they would also have their games removed from Steam, and at least for a while, even Wings remake removed from GOG. I don't think it makes any sense for them to even consider that.

The sad fact is, that even a bad publisher deal on Steam will make them more money than self-publishing on GOG. That's simply how the userbase and other things are. For that very same reason, there are games that are exclusively on Steam, but very few that are exclusively on GOG.

Heck, even the Witcher series is on Steam, so being a GOG exclusive is really a bad move financially...
Niggles: The only reason i can see why they didnt self publish themselves is due to retail outlets. I couldnt honestly see myself actually buying the anthology it at retail. I wish they would just take the bullet and terminate the contract with Kalypso and self publish on digital at least.
CW said something somewhere about how Kalypso was doing all of the Marketing (i.e. advertisement and promotion) for both digital and physical releases. Also, there was conjecture that CW may not have been able to jump onto Steam without being on Greenlight and by using Kalypso as the publisher was able to get their product immediately onto Steam without any delay...
Niggles: The only reason i can see why they didnt self publish themselves is due to retail outlets. I couldnt honestly see myself actually buying the anthology it at retail. I wish they would just take the bullet and terminate the contract with Kalypso and self publish on digital at least.
yyahoo: CW said something somewhere about how Kalypso was doing all of the Marketing (i.e. advertisement and promotion) for both digital and physical releases. Also, there was conjecture that CW may not have been able to jump onto Steam without being on Greenlight and by using Kalypso as the publisher was able to get their product immediately onto Steam without any delay...
there has to be in someway shape or form to publish digital games instead of relying on a publisher like Kalypso (yes i know some are worse than others ie - Deep Silver's poor efficiency and delivery of physical rewards for WL2 backers) -- surely there must be better choices
Well, I ended up breaking down and getting the Anthology on Steam during the holiday auction, finally a good use for Steam emoticons and profile page stuff... Might still grab my favorites from GOG later (if a good discount).

edit - at this point you could by 3 dollars in "gems" and get the anthology...
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Russonc
Jan 9th. Any update on this?
Niggles: Jan 9th. Any update on this?
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the recent silence, we have been quite overwhelmed with development and planning of our 2015 projects. We sincerely hope we can continue to count on everyone's support as we continue to put in a lot of effort to relaunch classic games, including some never-seen-before games...

Regarding the Anthology vs any GOG customers who have bought our classics here: we are working on something that will seek to compensate all of those who have supported us on GOG (and continue to do so). However, it is something that we cannot reveal yet and it won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2015, but it will be pretty cool.

Happy 2015 to all!

Team Cinemaware
tfishell: Thank you for posting in here.
Cinemaware: No problem. We intend to do the right things but we are a very small team with a lot of work on our laps, and we only intend to deliver good products at fair prices to all fans. We will always keep improving our games over time and/or the value you get for them. So expect us to make some improvements but we just need some time to breathe ... :)

And no, It Came from the Desert won't take months to arrive on GOG ... :)
What happened to "It won't take months to arrive on GOG".
Likely they're bogged down in negotiations over the "fair prices" part. Not to mention trying to work out some deal concerning the Anthology. I'm guessing they'll likely release the Anthology with regional pricing, with some discount intended as their way to compensate past customers on GOG.
rampancy: Likely they're bogged down in negotiations over the "fair prices" part. Not to mention trying to work out some deal concerning the Anthology. I'm guessing they'll likely release the Anthology with regional pricing, with some discount intended as their way to compensate past customers on GOG.
it will be interesting to see what kind of discount it will be, then...

considering the anthology is sold for £7.99, and the 2 existing gOg Cinemaware games are sold for £3.99 each - if they want to get gOg customers in line with Steam, the difference is £0.01 :)
rampancy: Likely they're bogged down in negotiations over the "fair prices" part. Not to mention trying to work out some deal concerning the Anthology. I'm guessing they'll likely release the Anthology with regional pricing, with some discount intended as their way to compensate past customers on GOG.
amok: it will be interesting to see what kind of discount it will be, then...

considering the anthology is sold for £7.99, and the 2 existing gOg Cinemaware games are sold for £3.99 each - if they want to get gOg customers in line with Steam, the difference is £0.01 :)
+10-15 pounds for a few extras.
Niggles: Jan 9th. Any update on this?
Cinemaware: Hello everyone!

Sorry for the recent silence, we have been quite overwhelmed with development and planning of our 2015 projects. We sincerely hope we can continue to count on everyone's support as we continue to put in a lot of effort to relaunch classic games, including some never-seen-before games...

Regarding the Anthology vs any GOG customers who have bought our classics here: we are working on something that will seek to compensate all of those who have supported us on GOG (and continue to do so). However, it is something that we cannot reveal yet and it won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2015, but it will be pretty cool.

Happy 2015 to all!

Team Cinemaware
Thanks for the update :)
Cinemaware: No problem. We intend to do the right things but we are a very small team with a lot of work on our laps, and we only intend to deliver good products at fair prices to all fans. We will always keep improving our games over time and/or the value you get for them. So expect us to make some improvements but we just need some time to breathe ... :)

And no, It Came from the Desert won't take months to arrive on GOG ... :)
omega64: What happened to "It won't take months to arrive on GOG".
Good point.It is nice that Cinemaware seems to be trying to address this release debacle and compensate its GOG supporters.But no It Came from the Desert(not to mention all the other outstanding games) for what could turn out to be one year of waiting.Not very convenient and seems an awful long time to come up with an answer.
Where is IT CAME FROM THE DESERT?
Post edited March 12, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: Where is IT CAME FROM THE DESERT?
It didn't come from the desert obviously. :-(
Barry_Woodward: Where is IT CAME FROM THE DESERT?
toxicTom: It didn't come from the desert obviously. :-(
Maybe it went back to the desert?