It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: I'll wait to pass judgement on the fix. Hopefully it is a good thing, but if not, well, hopefully we can figure out who is responsible - Cin, GOG, Kalypso. :P

https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/725262807562850?comment_id=725269847562146&offset=0&total_comments=1
It's good to hear this comment from Cinemaware. I just hope that they can bring all the games in that collection to GOG too.
tfishell: I'll wait to pass judgement on the fix. Hopefully it is a good thing, but if not, well, hopefully we can figure out who is responsible - Cin, GOG, Kalypso. :P

https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/725262807562850?comment_id=725269847562146&offset=0&total_comments=1
Accatone: It's good to hear this comment from Cinemaware. I just hope that they can bring all the games in that collection to GOG too.
Hopefully that means a Winter Sale bundle at least. Of course it also means these games need to at least get released here...
amok: and for £6.79, it is a steal!
yyahoo: And makes the GOG releases a ripoff... :/
I got these for free from Cinemaware's website some years ago.
amok: so when gOg releases this anthology, you will say in the release thread something in the lines of "gOg are now doing quantity over quality"?
No, but I am sure you will say something negative about GOG. You are so full of glee now, aren't you?

I would probably say something similar as I said e.g. in the Wings release thread.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_wings_classic/post54
Post edited November 15, 2014 by timppu

Accatone: It's good to hear this comment from Cinemaware. I just hope that they can bring all the games in that collection to GOG too.
That sounds hopeful....maybe I'll hold off a little...
i did not understand what the last cinemaware reply meant ?
a) is the steam price listing of the anthology wrong?
b) the gog release prices were wrong ?
Post edited November 15, 2014 by liquidsnakehpks
liquidsnakehpks: i did not understand what the last cinemaware reply meant ?
I guess a)?
amok: so when gOg releases this anthology, you will say in the release thread something in the lines of "gOg are now doing quantity over quality"?
timppu: [...]You are so full of glee now, aren't you?[...]
I played King of Chicago for 3 hours last night. I am indeed full of glee :)

If I can not get my retro fix from gOg, I will take if from where I can get it *shrug*
timppu: [...]You are so full of glee now, aren't you?[...]
amok: I played King of Chicago for 3 hours last night. I am indeed full of glee :)

If I can not get my retro fix from gOg, I will take if from where I can get it *shrug*
I'd buy the Atari ST or Amiga version of King of Chicago on gog.com

The Mac and DOS versions are ... lacking.
yyahoo: And they're listed as the publisher on GOG for Wings Remastered, but they've stated in the past that they are using another company to publish Wings RM.
Grargar: I suggest you take a look at the game's page again, specifically at the publisher section.
They finally changed it! Excellent! That was so ridiculously confusing.

Hmm, I just checked and unfortunately, Steam still hasn't caught on...
yyahoo: And makes the GOG releases a ripoff... :/
PixelBoy: I got these for free from Cinemaware's website some years ago.
Lot's of people did, but they don't offer them anymore. And now, many of those same people are buying these releases to support Cinemaware in their work to offer Remastered Editions of their games. That said, no one wants to feel like they're getting a bad deal, and this one is one of the worst for GOG purchasers.
liquidsnakehpks: i did not understand what the last cinemaware reply meant ?
Or maybe they didn't want the games sold together in a compilation in the first place?
Post edited November 15, 2014 by yyahoo
amok: I played King of Chicago for 3 hours last night. I am indeed full of glee :)

Atlantico: I'd buy the Atari ST or Amiga version of King of Chicago on gog.com

good thing the anthology is the Amiga versions then. And yes, I prefer them also.
Atlantico: I'd buy the Atari ST or Amiga version of King of Chicago on gog.com

amok: good thing the anthology is the Amiga versions then. And yes, I prefer them also.
The anthology is not available on gog.com

I don't buy from Shit. I mean Shit. I mean Steam.
amok: good thing the anthology is the Amiga versions then. And yes, I prefer them also.
Atlantico: The anthology is not available on gog.com

And that's fine and you prerogative.

but:
Cinemaware Anthology on Steam = Quantity over quality
Cinemaware Anthology on gOg = ????????

there is something wrong there....
low rated
Atlantico: The anthology is not available on gog.com

amok: And that's fine and you prerogative.

but:
Cinemaware Anthology on Steam = Quantity over quality
Cinemaware Anthology on gOg = ????????

there is something wrong there....
Yes, your reading comprehension.

I mentioned I'd buy King of Chicago. Not the anthology. So you go espousing that the anthology is the Amiga version. Which I don't care one bit about, because it's the anthology. On Steam. And I was referring explicitly to a single game.
Not the anthology.

So the anthology may or may not be based on some system or another, it's just not relevant.

Do you understand this? Do you understand that games on Steam are worthless to me? Do you understand that I'm not talking about the anthology?

WTF is your issue?
Post edited November 15, 2014 by Atlantico
(I don't think I posted this already here.)

Cinemaware responded and the response, on the surface, seems reasonable.

"That is a publisher-related deal on Steam - but it will be corrected and we will do good by all of our GOG customers. Just bear with us"

https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/725262807562850?reply_comment_id=725423454213452&total_comments=2