It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: 2nd half of 2015, ugh. Wondering if their marketing arm has an exclusive with Steam for the anthology, and it takes that long for the terms to expire.
Well, they blamed their publisher for the Anthology incident, so if it has to do with contracts of some sort, I would imagine it's with the one they have with Kalypso.
synfresh: Probably because it's about at or above 50% the amount of GoG users that are also Steam users.
Niggles: Pretty slack. This is about GOG not Steam. Talk about pushing the competition.sheesh.
I've seen many links to GOG on Steam forums, the main one being a link (in a Steam review) to GOG's HOMM3 that probably brought in a nice chunk of change to GOG instead of Steam. Provide information and let people decide how they want to spend their money.
RWarehall: 2nd half of 2015, ugh. Wondering if their marketing arm has an exclusive with Steam for the anthology, and it takes that long for the terms to expire.
yyahoo: Well, they blamed their publisher for the Anthology incident, so if it has to do with contracts of some sort, I would imagine it's with the one they have with Kalypso.
It's what I'm thinking. Kalypso offered it exclusively to Steam probably for a year. The only reason I can see why GoG cannot be remedied until 2nd half 2015.
Niggles: Pretty slack. This is about GOG not Steam. Talk about pushing the competition.sheesh.
tfishell: I've seen many links to GOG on Steam forums, the main one being a link (in a Steam review) to GOG's HOMM3 that probably brought in a nice chunk of change to GOG instead of Steam. Provide information and let people decide how they want to spend their money.
Agreed, if you don't want GoG users buying anywhere else then you might as well shut down a good number of threads on these forums, not the least of which is the gaming deals thread.
Niggles: Jan 9th. Any update on this?
Cinemaware: Hello everyone!

Sorry for the recent silence, we have been quite overwhelmed with development and planning of our 2015 projects. We sincerely hope we can continue to count on everyone's support as we continue to put in a lot of effort to relaunch classic games, including some never-seen-before games...

Regarding the Anthology vs any GOG customers who have bought our classics here: we are working on something that will seek to compensate all of those who have supported us on GOG (and continue to do so). However, it is something that we cannot reveal yet and it won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2015, but it will be pretty cool.

Happy 2015 to all!

Team Cinemaware
Sorry Cinemaware but I have to say that it is hard for me to believe you. First you are saying that the difference between the pricing comes because of your publisher but in the same sentence you say that you will release additional single releases on GOG - probably at the same price. I have some news for you: the customer does not really care whose idea it was to sell one platform pretty cheap and the other expensive. The customer simply hates it to be ripped off and that is the case here. It's also hard to believe that you really are working at something GOG exclusive since you still cannot tell anything (hard to believe that either - because why could this be such a secret?) and we all have to wait until the 2nd half of 2015. Hmmmm...It came ofrom the desert should not take months until the release here buit it did and it still is not out. As I said before: nothing in all your promises makes me believe that you really mean it sincere. I think that you want to sell as much as possible here on GOG and that is all. I have bought Cinemaware titles here but I guess this is enough. With those two titles I have spent more money than I'd have on the entire anthology. I boght them here because of GOG not you - because THEM I do believe. Give us something real (and not just speeches and promises) and maybe I will change my opinion. So I wish you luck with your 2015 projects but you won't see any more money from me until this is really solved.
Post edited March 29, 2015 by MarkoH01
Just saw that the Mac version has been added for Wings Amiga.Cool for the Mac users and just reminded me of what a shame it is that Cinemaware has basically shut down operations here since the Steam Scandal.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by ALH
ALH: Just saw that the Mac version has been added for Wings Amiga.Cool for the Mac users and just reminded me of what a shame it is that Cinemaware has basically shut down operations here since the Steam Scandal.
They did say that whatever they have planned for GOG users won't be ready till second half of 2015:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/cinemaware_anatology_19861991/post186
ALH: Just saw that the Mac version has been added for Wings Amiga.Cool for the Mac users and just reminded me of what a shame it is that Cinemaware has basically shut down operations here since the Steam Scandal.
SCPM: They did say that whatever they have planned for GOG users won't be ready till second half of 2015:
Yeah, i remember that.I still can't quite conceive why they have to shutdown operations at GOG for over half a year in order to work things out.I'm really hoping Cinemaware will come through for us but i have my doubts.
SCPM: They did say that whatever they have planned for GOG users won't be ready till second half of 2015:
ALH: Yeah, i remember that.I still can't quite conceive why they have to shutdown operations at GOG for over half a year in order to work things out.I'm really hoping Cinemaware will come through for us but i have my doubts.
Honestly, it's probably the best decision. If they try and release games before "fixing" things, every release thread would be overflowing with people cursing them for ripping off GOG customers and demanding answers.

With no releases everything has been contained to this thread and it really hasn't been terribly busy in here.

At least we know some sort of response is coming, Cinemaware has done a much better job communicating with us than Night Dive/Retroism, who didn't say a word for over 6 months only to make a Facebook post to blame GOG and defend themselves...
ALH: Yeah, i remember that.I still can't quite conceive why they have to shutdown operations at GOG for over half a year in order to work things out.I'm really hoping Cinemaware will come through for us but i have my doubts.
yyahoo: Honestly, it's probably the best decision. If they try and release games before "fixing" things, every release thread would be overflowing with people cursing them for ripping off GOG customers and demanding answers.

With no releases everything has been contained to this thread and it really hasn't been terribly busy in here.

At least we know some sort of response is coming, Cinemaware has done a much better job communicating with us than Night Dive/Retroism, who didn't say a word for over 6 months only to make a Facebook post to blame GOG and defend themselves...
because, off course, de facto gOg is always right!
yyahoo: Honestly, it's probably the best decision. If they try and release games before "fixing" things, every release thread would be overflowing with people cursing them for ripping off GOG customers and demanding answers.

amok: because, off course, de facto gOg is always right!
Nice attitude. No need to get snarky, I don't always agree with GOG, not by a long shot. In this instance(with Night Dive), I do. Get over it.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by yyahoo
Me: "Is there any hope of more Cinemaware classics coming to GOG.com and, if so, when?"
Cinemaware: "Right now not, but we are working on new games for this :)"

I'm not sure what they mean by that.
Post edited September 01, 2015 by Barry_Woodward
Cinemaware: And no, It Came from the Desert won't take months to arrive on GOG ... :)
It'll take years? ;p
Cinemaware: Hello everyone!

Sorry for the recent silence, we have been quite overwhelmed with development and planning of our 2015 projects. We sincerely hope we can continue to count on everyone's support as we continue to put in a lot of effort to relaunch classic games, including some never-seen-before games...

Regarding the Anthology vs any GOG customers who have bought our classics here: we are working on something that will seek to compensate all of those who have supported us on GOG (and continue to do so). However, it is something that we cannot reveal yet and it won't be ready until the 2nd half of 2015, but it will be pretty cool.

Happy 2015 to all!

Team Cinemaware
We're now in the second half of 2015. Any updates?
Just stumbled upon Wings in my library and thought about Cinemaware's absence and the lack of resolutions to problems. Thanks for remembering and keeping on it Barry!