It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cinemaware: However, what Cinemaware will seek to do over the coming months is a way to make sure - as much as we possibly can - that our GOG fans feel fairly treated.
Releasing the exact same bundle of games at the exact same price that Steam users got would be a step in the right direction...
fronzelneekburm: Releasing the exact same bundle of games at the exact same price that Steam users got would be a step in the right direction...
Careful what you wish for. It could be regionally-priced. :P
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Grargar
gamesfreak64: DOTC(def of the crown) and RR(rocketRanger) emulation works okay i own both games(GOG)
Haven't tried Rocket Ranger by now, but I was quite disappointed with the Amiga emulation of Defender of the Crown. Some parts of it run much too fast (for example raiding a castle) while others were quite sluggish (for example tournaments).
tfishell: Thank you for posting in here.
Cinemaware: No problem. We intend to do the right things but we are a very small team with a lot of work on our laps, and we only intend to deliver good products at fair prices to all fans. We will always keep improving our games over time and/or the value you get for them. So expect us to make some improvements but we just need some time to breathe ... :)

And no, It Came from the Desert won't take months to arrive on GOG ... :)
You might look into selling games separately (though bundling a few relevant titles together) here but providing a massive bundle discount (prominently displayed) for people who buy all the games. Or "buy title x, get title y free"-type deals. Just some ideas.
Barry_Woodward: https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/729505360471928

I posted the following on Cinemaware's Facebook page:

"I have some suggestions on how to deal with GOG after the release of the Steam Anthology:

1. Dig through the Cinemaware archives for GOG-exclusive bonus features you can add to the individual releases to make them more enticing.

2. Include alternative versions and sequels as bonuses. For Defender Of The Crown add Defender Of The Crown II (Amiga CD32), Robin Hood: Defender Of The Crown and Defender Of The Crown: Digitally Remastered Edition. For It Came From The Desert include emulated versions of the TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis versions.

3. Give us titles not included in the anthology: The Kristal (Amiga & DOS) and The Three Stooges (Amiga, DOS & PC Digitally Remastered Edition)."

Cinemaware responded:

"Thanks for the great tips! We will consider these options in time, until then we will do our best to work a solution for GOG fans!"
Cinemaware: Hello everyone,

We are aware of the many discussions going on about the Cinemaware Anthology on Steam vs. the GOG individual releases.

Although we are not able to go into specific details right now, we will keep bringing individual titles to GOG (It Came From the Desert is likely the next title) while Anthology will remain a Steam-focused product according to the strategy of Kalypso (the product's publisher). There are many business reasons why this has been handled in such a matter that are far too long to discuss.

However, what Cinemaware will seek to do over the coming months is a way to make sure - as much as we possibly can - that our GOG fans feel fairly treated. We will run promotions with GOG for those who have already acquired some of our games (or still want to), in addition to making some exclusive content only available to GOG customers. We just cannot, at this time, go into any specific details as it will take us some time to put all of these plans into place. We can only ask that our fans be patient for the time being and we will do our best so that everyone feels we have kept your best interests in mind!

We do listen and our sole interest is to ensure our fans are able to get our games and that they feel it is done in a fair matter.

Heroes Live Forever,

Team Cinemaware
Thanks for the effort.
Does that mean *all* the ones in the anthology be brought to GOG at some point?. Ones like the TV Sports ?? (was one of my favorites back in the day)
Barry_Woodward: Dig through the Cinemaware archives for GOG-exclusive bonus features you can add to the individual releases to make them more enticing.
Great, let's fight customer abuse with even more customer abuse! Instead of, you know, asking Cinemaware to do this one simple thing and just release the anthology here as well, they are bloody encouraged to put up exclusive content here (read: withhold said content from other paying customers).

Because, hey, they may just find a sucker or two willing to pay $6 for some exclusive bonus content. That's not making good, that's a cash grab. It's customer abuse. And for the love of God you are asking for it.
While the timing and pricing of the Steam anthology is regrettable, it was out of Cinemaware's hands. Instead of nuking all of their plans on GOG and just offering the barebones anthology, they have an opportunity to salvage their standalone releases by offering added value to customers. This whole mess might be a blessing in disguise for those of us that crave bonus content.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Barry_Woodward
Barry_Woodward: Dig through the Cinemaware archives for GOG-exclusive bonus features you can add to the individual releases to make them more enticing.
fronzelneekburm: Great, let's fight customer abuse with even more customer abuse! Instead of, you know, asking Cinemaware to do this one simple thing and just release the anthology here as well, they are bloody encouraged to put up exclusive content here (read: withhold said content from other paying customers).
What do you think is one of the positives of buying a game on GOG aside from DRM free?. the bonuses of course. And even though some devs are tight (ie Risk of Rain - we get zero bonuses) - its very nice when a dev does include stuff you cant get anywhere else (or at least all in one place).
Steam has more than enough exclusives. Why not GOG?.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by Niggles
Barry_Woodward: While the timing and pricing of the Steam anthology is regrettable, it was out of Cinemaware's hands.
Sorry, I don't buy into their "Teh big bad evil publisher did this behind our backs"-narrative. Cinemaware's an American company, right? If the publisher really was to blame, then there'd be lawsuits going off left and right.

Barry_Woodward: While the timing and pricing of the Steam anthology is regrettable, it was out of Cinemaware's hands. Instead of nuking all of their plans on GOG and just offering the barebones anthology
Dude, are you aware that the Steam anthology contains all sorts of bonus content? You know, Amiga/DOS-versions, soundtracks and the like? And they're continually adding more content. That's pretty far from barebones.

Every solution other than releasing the Anthology here is just bullshit. And "exclusive" (artificially scarce) bonus content is just a convenient means for CW to justify their bullshit.

Barry_Woodward: This whole mess might be a blessing in disguise for those of us that crave bonus content.
It certainly is a blesssing in disguise for Cinemaware, if they learn that they get rewarded for mistreating their customers.
Niggles: [...]
because there is nothing wrong with a bit of double standards!
Niggles: [...]
amok: because there is nothing wrong with a bit of double standards!
true...

i use steam , gamersgate and maybe others only for small games, casual games like those small bookworm games, and hiddenobject, unfortuntaley they sell these at extreme high prices, new versions are 9.99 euro or sometime 20 buck :D hahahaha

noway i pay 20 bucks for a digital HOG( hiddenobject game) with drm
i rather wait, then it comes on dutch versions (the texts) for 5 tot 8 euros , on cd/dvd and DRM free.
Post edited November 25, 2014 by gamesfreak64
fronzelneekburm: Great, let's fight customer abuse with even more customer abuse! Instead of, you know, asking Cinemaware to do this one simple thing and just release the anthology here as well, they are bloody encouraged to put up exclusive content here (read: withhold said content from other paying customers).
Based on my limited understanding (and some guessing) about the situation, I think Cinemaware can't legally offer the Anthology themselves on GOG, or anywhere else, as that is a product by another company (Kalypso). Of course they have the rights for the games as such, but not necessarily, and presumably, for the Anthology collection.

I suppose they could make other kind of combinations and bundles of their games, and name them differently though.

fronzelneekburm: Because, hey, they may just find a sucker or two willing to pay $6 for some exclusive bonus content. That's not making good, that's a cash grab. It's customer abuse. And for the love of God you are asking for it.
Well, let's not rush to judgment before seeing the evidence.
It really all comes down to what exactly those bonuses are. There are some bonuses on GOG which have made me re-buy some games that I already own. So if they can come up with something cool, I think it may well be worth a few dollars. Of course it must be something more than a PDF manual in each case.

Barry_Woodward: While the timing and pricing of the Steam anthology is regrettable, it was out of Cinemaware's hands.
fronzelneekburm: Sorry, I don't buy into their "Teh big bad evil publisher did this behind our backs"-narrative. Cinemaware's an American company, right? If the publisher really was to blame, then there'd be lawsuits going off left and right.
I suppose they could terminate their contract with Kalypso if they wanted to, but they would also have their games removed from Steam, and at least for a while, even Wings remake removed from GOG. I don't think it makes any sense for them to even consider that.

The sad fact is, that even a bad publisher deal on Steam will make them more money than self-publishing on GOG. That's simply how the userbase and other things are. For that very same reason, there are games that are exclusively on Steam, but very few that are exclusively on GOG.

Heck, even the Witcher series is on Steam, so being a GOG exclusive is really a bad move financially...
Post edited November 25, 2014 by PixelBoy
PixelBoy: Well, let's not rush to judgment before seeing the evidence.
Let the evidence speak for itself then:

Exhibit A
Exhibit B
Exhibit C
Exhibit D

The verdict
PixelBoy: I suppose they could terminate their contract with Kalypso if they wanted to, but they would also have their games removed from Steam, and at least for a while, even Wings remake removed from GOG. I don't think it makes any sense for them to even consider that.

The sad fact is, that even a bad publisher deal on Steam will make them more money than self-publishing on GOG. That's simply how the userbase and other things are. For that very same reason, there are games that are exclusively on Steam, but very few that are exclusively on GOG.

Heck, even the Witcher series is on Steam, so being a GOG exclusive is really a bad move financially...
The only reason i can see why they didnt self publish themselves is due to retail outlets. I couldnt honestly see myself actually buying the anthology it at retail. I wish they would just take the bullet and terminate the contract with Kalypso and self publish on digital at least.
Any updates ?