It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Grargar: I just hope it isn't just a glorified Steam key.
Sight, it's probably the case..... little hope wouldn't be the case , knowing Kalypso

Because i don't see the point of their freaking laucher..... here
Post edited November 23, 2014 by DyNaer
Ugh just saw this was released a few days after I got the classic version of Wings! on here.

Wings is the main Cinemaware game I wanted (plus It Came From the Desert maybe) so it doesn't really bother me so much, but I feel for the guys who bought the other stuff as well. Glad to see Cinemaware are looking into compensation for them.
Grargar: "Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 is available now for PC via digital distrubtion for £7.99/€9.99/$9.99 with a boxed retail version scheduled for a 2015 launch."

I just hope it isn't just a glorified Steam key.
At least it is now obvious that the "fix" can't and won't be pulling the collection from sale, or changing the price on Steam, if the publisher is going with the same collection for boxed versions.

So whatever happens, has to happen on GOG side.
But in the worst case scenario, Cinemaware can't offer the same collection here, if that collection in that very form can only be published by Kalypso. This mess is sure going to get interesting... in the end, somebody's gonna feel screwed over, no matter what happens.
PixelBoy: At least it is now obvious that the "fix" can't and won't be pulling the collection from sale, or changing the price on Steam, if the publisher is going with the same collection for boxed versions.

So whatever happens, has to happen on GOG side.
But in the worst case scenario, Cinemaware can't offer the same collection here, if that collection in that very form can only be published by Kalypso. This mess is sure going to get interesting... in the end, somebody's gonna feel screwed over, no matter what happens.
Wings Remastered is already published by Kalypso here, so you never know.
https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/729505360471928

I posted the following on Cinemaware's Facebook page:

"I have some suggestions on how to deal with GOG after the release of the Steam Anthology:

1. Dig through the Cinemaware archives for GOG-exclusive bonus features you can add to the individual releases to make them more enticing.

2. Include alternative versions and sequels as bonuses. For Defender Of The Crown add Defender Of The Crown II (Amiga CD32), Robin Hood: Defender Of The Crown and Defender Of The Crown: Digitally Remastered Edition. For It Came From The Desert include emulated versions of the TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis versions.

3. Give us titles not included in the anthology: The Kristal (Amiga & DOS) and The Three Stooges (Amiga, DOS & PC Digitally Remastered Edition)."

Cinemaware responded:

"Thanks for the great tips! We will consider these options in time, until then we will do our best to work a solution for GOG fans!"
amok: with all this talk about blindly signing contracts and Kalypso, did anyone notice who is the publisher on Steam? It may be a mistake, though....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/326590/
Grargar: Cinemaware is also listed as the publisher for Wings Remastered on Steam. GOG's and GamersGate's entries disagree, though.
It wasn't initially though. It was changed from Cinemaware to Kalypso on GOG a few days after the release.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post4012
Question is, why didnt they just self publish on GOG ?
yyahoo: It wasn't initially though. It was changed from Cinemaware to Kalypso on GOG a few days after the release.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post4012
On GOG yes. But on GamersGate it was Kalypso right from the start.
Barry_Woodward: https://www.facebook.com/cinemaware/posts/729505360471928

I posted the following on Cinemaware's Facebook page:

"I have some suggestions on how to deal with GOG after the release of the Steam Anthology:

1. Dig through the Cinemaware archives for GOG-exclusive bonus features you can add to the individual releases to make them more enticing.

2. Include alternative versions and sequels as bonuses. For Defender Of The Crown add Defender Of The Crown II (Amiga CD32), Robin Hood: Defender Of The Crown and Defender Of The Crown: Digitally Remastered Edition. For It Came From The Desert include emulated versions of the TurboGrafx and Sega Genesis versions.

3. Give us titles not included in the anthology: The Kristal (Amiga & DOS) and The Three Stooges (Amiga, DOS & PC Digitally Remastered Edition)."

Cinemaware responded:

"Thanks for the great tips! We will consider these options in time, until then we will do our best to work a solution for GOG fans!"
Hello everyone,

We are aware of the many discussions going on about the Cinemaware Anthology on Steam vs. the GOG individual releases.

Although we are not able to go into specific details right now, we will keep bringing individual titles to GOG (It Came From the Desert is likely the next title) while Anthology will remain a Steam-focused product according to the strategy of Kalypso (the product's publisher). There are many business reasons why this has been handled in such a matter that are far too long to discuss.

However, what Cinemaware will seek to do over the coming months is a way to make sure - as much as we possibly can - that our GOG fans feel fairly treated. We will run promotions with GOG for those who have already acquired some of our games (or still want to), in addition to making some exclusive content only available to GOG customers. We just cannot, at this time, go into any specific details as it will take us some time to put all of these plans into place. We can only ask that our fans be patient for the time being and we will do our best so that everyone feels we have kept your best interests in mind!

We do listen and our sole interest is to ensure our fans are able to get our games and that they feel it is done in a fair matter.

Heroes Live Forever,

Team Cinemaware
amok: and for £6.79, it is a steal!
yyahoo: And makes the GOG releases a ripoff... :/

Edit: Interesting also in that there is no Three Stooges (licensing issues?) and The Kristal (although it wasn't developed by Cinemaware, all of the marketing hype suggested that it was; I guess they no longer have the rights to it anymore...).
Note: The Kristal was not a Cinemaware product. It was simply published by the company in the USA.
Cinemaware: Although we are not able to go into specific details right now, we will keep bringing individual titles to GOG (It Came From the Desert is likely the next title)

However, what Cinemaware will seek to do over the coming months is a way to make sure - as much as we possibly can - that our GOG fans feel fairly treated. We will run promotions with GOG for those who have already acquired some of our games (or still want to),
So - is it matter of MONTHS before It came from the Desert will be published along with some promo on it?
yyahoo: And makes the GOG releases a ripoff... :/

Edit: Interesting also in that there is no Three Stooges (licensing issues?) and The Kristal (although it wasn't developed by Cinemaware, all of the marketing hype suggested that it was; I guess they no longer have the rights to it anymore...).
Cinemaware: Note: The Kristal was not a Cinemaware product. It was simply published by the company in the USA.
That is what I thought...

By the way, whatever happened to GOG keys for Wings (Amiga version), for WIngs Remastered backers?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/850516062/wings-remastered-edition/posts/1028664

Thanks!
Post edited November 24, 2014 by yyahoo
I read the articles... they are quite unhappy with the anthology
most things seem unbalanced, not working....

so... until they fix it, its okay we dont have it on GOG :D

DOTC(def of the crown) and RR(rocketRanger) emulation works okay i own both games(GOG)
Cinemaware: ...
Thank you for posting in here.
Cinemaware: ...
tfishell: Thank you for posting in here.
No problem. We intend to do the right things but we are a very small team with a lot of work on our laps, and we only intend to deliver good products at fair prices to all fans. We will always keep improving our games over time and/or the value you get for them. So expect us to make some improvements but we just need some time to breathe ... :)

And no, It Came from the Desert won't take months to arrive on GOG ... :)