It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
tfishell: I don't know how hard this would be to gather accurately, but I'd really like to know how many more people use Galaxy over installers (if Galaxy is used by far more people).
I can answer that from my perspective. While I love the DRM free installers and still use them (and never want them to go away) I have been finding Galaxy very useful.

For larger games and new ones with ongoing updates it is just more convenient for me to use Galaxy then download the patches and install them.

For older games, rarely, or not being updated I often use the stand alone installers.

So, I usually use Galaxy for updating and installing new games but play them with out Galaxy. :)

Later on if I love the game enough I will download the installer and back that up or just copy the game files to my back up drive (Sometimes both).
Post edited April 27, 2021 by greyhat
tfishell: I don't know how hard this would be to gather accurately, but I'd really like to know how many more people use Galaxy over installers (if Galaxy is used by far more people).
greyhat: I can answer that from my perspective. While I love the DRM free installers and still use them (and never want them to go away) I have been finding Galaxy very useful.

For larger games and new ones with ongoing updates it is just more convenient to use Galaxy then download the patches and install them.

For older games, rarely, or not being updated I often use the stand alone installers.

So, I usually use Galaxy for updating and installing new games but play them with out Galaxy. :)

Later on if I love the game enough I will download the installer and back that up or just copy the game files to my back up driver (or both).
exactly the same here
Thank you GOG!
I am especially grateful for the release of Horizon Zero Dawn.
Hopefully more AAA titles will follow.
Maybe Nier Automata, Mirror's Edge Catalyst or Unravel. ;)
Aramandur: So, all users will not be able to buy and play Devotion because of "some players" included in those 6% from Asia said so? Is that correct?
My thought exactly...
FoxTwo: See, 73% prefer SINGLE PLAYER, STORY-DRIVEN GAMES.

That's what I have been saying since the mid-1990s :p
Right with you bro
Post edited April 27, 2021 by shih1976
while I agree there is a big bias towards usage of Galaxy, in the numbers and the survey.

But thanks to GOG for existing and keeping up anyway!
Post edited April 27, 2021 by dyscode
high rated
Leroux: It seems to me like they got those statistics from this survey, which, after you have completed 89% of it, won't let you move on unless you select three things you like about GOG Galaxy, even if your answer to the previous question was that you don't use it
AB2012: Edit: Having completed that survey, I ran into the same issue where I think it was Q27 that said "Do you use Galaxy", and if you ticked "No", it still took you to Q28 (asking the 3 things you like most about using Galaxy) instead of skipping over it to Q29. So it's not hard to claim even 100% rates of Galaxy usage based on the survey that refuses to let non-Galaxy users complete it unless they lie and say they use Galaxy... ;-)
LOL. I saw that too:-

- "Do you use Galaxy".
No.
- "Error. Can't complete the survey until you say 'yes'."
Um, 'yes' then?...
- "Congrats on completing the survey! Our statistics show that 104% of users use Galaxy!" :-D
Post edited April 27, 2021 by BrianSim
high rated
AB2012: Edit: Having completed that survey, I ran into the same issue where I think it was Q27 that said "Do you use Galaxy", and if you ticked "No", it still took you to Q28 (asking the 3 things you like most about using Galaxy) instead of skipping over it to Q29. So it's not hard to claim even 100% rates of Galaxy usage based on the survey that refuses to let non-Galaxy users complete it unless they lie and say they use Galaxy... ;-)
BrianSim: LOL. I saw that survey too:-

- "Do you use Galaxy".
No.
- "Error. Can't complete the survey until you say 'yes'."
Um, 'yes' then?...
- "Congrats on completing the survey! Our statistics show that 104% of users use Galaxy!" :-D
Fixed! Thanks for spotting, and we definitely use the previous question as a benchmark here, no worries^^
Post edited April 27, 2021 by oxina
Congratulations on the good news, Gog! Keep up the good work. You do a great job overall and deserve your success. In many cases you are the preferred platform. Kudos!
AB2012: I agree though even if the real "stats" were found & posted, there would still be massive sampling bias in favour of Galaxy simply because Galaxy's telemetry is counted whilst offline installers aren't due to their nature. Example - let's say two GOG users buy the same game in 2014 (an old game that doesn't need updating much):-
The infography talks about users, not about downloads. If a user never used galaxy in a month, they will be counted against Galaxy. The text is rather clear.
sullivtz: Congratulations on the good news, Gog! Keep up the good work. You do a great job overall and deserve your success. In many cases you are the preferred platform. Kudos!
Thank you for your valuable feedback <3
I know I'm not the only one to say this... Please GoG more JRPGs, please!

Sure I do love my WRPGs but I and others have a real soft spot for JRPGs, for me I started out on consoles and JRPGs from the PlayStation era really showed that RPGs were no longer a niche market in the u.s., as before the PS1 we were looking at 1-2 JRPGs (Forget about WRPGs they were much rarer) every 1-2 years!

Anyone else remembers when the secret of mana 2 (3 in Japan) 7th saga 2 and a few others was canceled due to there "not being a market for the u.s.?" Sony too was under that mantra, but thank fuck they did a 180 on that bullshit idea!

So to the blue texts how about releasing more JRPGs as the full series for Atelier, wizardry, the tales series and Neptuna?

Naturally, we love our WRPGs as well, but more JRPGs, please; otherwise, keep up the excellent work I hope to see GoG meet steam's position or at least become second place if not first! <=(Pipe dream I know, but still...)

polecat1: Thank you GOG!
I am especially grateful for the release of Horizon Zero Dawn.
Hopefully more AAA titles will follow.
Maybe Nier Automata, Mirror's Edge Catalyst or Unravel. ;)
...And the entire tomb raider re-booted trilogy!

EDIT Added new games and context...
Post edited April 28, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
oxina: Fixed! Thanks for spotting, and we definitely use the previous question as a benchmark here, no worries^^
Good you got it fixed. It was confusing a lot of people. :-)

I'd really love to see more Portal-like games here. The Talos Principle & QUBE are great but there are quite a few "Very Positive" rated similar missing ones though (Quantum Conundrum, The Turing Test, Contrast, etc) which are "Good Old Games" by now. Oh, and Skyrim. :-)
BrianSim: I'd really love to see more Portal-like games here. The Talos Principle & QUBE are great but there are quite a few "Very Positive" rated similar missing ones though (Quantum Conundrum, The Turing Test, Contrast, etc) which are "Good Old Games" by now. Oh, and Skyrim. :-)
I'd buy all three of those if they came here. "Physics Puzzler" / Portal style games are my favourite genre yet I can't recall seeing that as selectable in the survey, so possibly another genre that could be undercounted if people have to manually type it in? And yeah, even Legendary (non Special Edition) Skyrim will do.
Leroux: Funny that you should mention the lack of a proper age verification system on GOG, because I was just wondering where they pulled the statistics about the average age range of their users from. ;)
There is birth date in account settings.
this is interesting, but unhelpful.

unless you post actual numbers and not percentages, it's very difficult to gauge what any of this means.

for example, i could say i had 100% growth in my company, which would be TECHNICALLY true if i had one staff member and added a second.

so that makes this "just a nice bunch of pretty graphics."

[i understand that you can't - for "competitive" reasons - if ea saw your REAL numbers, perhaps they'd freak out, etc but still. this is only as valuable as the hard data it presents and there's no hard data.]

---

added in later: that said. i added some more hard data to your pretty graphics and filled in the survey.
Post edited April 27, 2021 by lostwolfe