It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We often receive questions and messages asking how we are doing as a team, company, store, and platform. That is why we decided to give you a bit more insight into our operations and last year’s results.

Last year was a very challenging time for all of us due to the ongoing global pandemic. Since March 2020, our team continues to work remotely from homes, which is not always easy. Having that in mind, we’re even more proud and happy to share these facts and numbers with you.

[Full image]

It’s a new format for us to share data like this and we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
high rated
I'm surprised Gog only has 6% of its customers in Asia, I thought there were so "many gamers" from there who were quite vocal in their feedback.

73% of users between 18 and 34...lol, maybe I'm really getting too old for gaming.
At least their preferences (single-player, rpgs) are fine.
Post edited April 27, 2021 by morolf
high rated
Great news! I guess now you can afford to finally replace the forum software!
high rated
morolf: I'm surprised Gog only has 6% of its customers in Asia, I thought there were so "many gamers" from there who were quite vocal in their feedback.

73% of users between 18 and 34...lol, maybe I'm really getting too old for gaming.
At least their preferences (single-player, rpgs) are fine.
It seems to me like they got those statistics from this survey, which, after you have completed 89% of it, won't let you move on unless you select three things you like about GOG Galaxy, even if your answer to the previous question was that you don't use it, and you can't even give three reasons of your own ("has a memorable name", "is still optional, fortunately", "is easy to uninstall" ;P) but have to pick fixed multiple choice answers.

In conclusion, I would say 73% of Galaxy users participating in the survey are between 18 and 34, which is not such a big surprise, seeing that a lot of the old farts probably would not have been able to complete the survey in good conscience, if they even knew about it (maybe it was advertised on social media only?).
Post edited April 27, 2021 by Leroux
Good job GOG! I know you've had your ups and downs, but here's to many more years of constant improvements; your win is our win and viceversa, let's make this a long lasting relationship :-)
GOG.com: we’d appreciate hearing your impressions, comments, and suggestions.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Generalized percentages are highly useless.

It would be much better for you instead to publish hard, concrete, specific numbers, such as:

- How many active customers, exactly, did GOG have in 2020?

- How many games did GOG sell, exactly, in 2020?

- How many GOG customers, exactly, use GOG Galaxy?

- How many GOG customers, exactly, do not use GOG Galaxy?
While I would find all of that highly interesting, that would all be confidential information that CDP wouldn't want to put in to the public domain - it's market sensitive, could be used and abused by competitors and may prejudice commercial negotiations.

That being said, you can get a bit more if you dig into the stat accounts. The operating profit of the GoG.com segment in FY20 was PLN 26,212k (feel free to do your own translation into USD). This is up from PLN 3,577k the year before. GoG.com revenue more than doubled from PLN 162,256k to PLN 343,748k in the same period (there's a margin for error here in consol adjustments, but I'm assuming most of the sales are CDPR -> GoG.com, so the consol adj would hit the CDPR side more than the GoG side)

W3irdN3rd: 6% for Asia including Russia? Ouch! Also confirms what I said before: "I highly doubt "GOG" has much marketing value in China".
China is 3% in 2020 (from the Management report, available on the CDP website). No comparative available for 2019. USA largest at 31% (33% in 2019) followed by Germany at 11% (13% in 2019)

[EDIT] Russia looks like it is included in Europe, not Asia for the purposes of the graphic (unless the English translation of the management report is wrong) - Russia was 5% of revenue in 2020, so if China is 3%, Russia must be in Europe.
Post edited April 27, 2021 by pds41
high rated
Leroux:
I don't use Galaxy and have no intention of ever using it (why would I? Don't care about "achievements"), so yeah, I couldn't have completed that survey either.
In any case, Gog shouldn't become ageist against its older users like us :-)
drm shills on suicide watch xD
Really nice to see GoG doing well.

Hopefully they can keep getting more old games added to inventory.

Maybe some day we see One Must Fall Battlegrounds, Myth The Fallen Lords and Mech Warrior/Commander
You missed "appreciation rate". You are appreciated!

Just think of it: Over a year ago, those old farts at the World Health Organization were doing nothing but bitching and complaining about people being addicted to video games and how it posed a threat to global health. And yet, thanks to companies like Gog, YOU have helped millions of people keep their heads through this #shamdemic by... (drum-roll) playing video games.

How many people around the world would be losing their minds over this needlessly cruel and inhuman lockdown (millions of souls literally under house-arrest) if it weren't for Gog's efforts to bring quality video games into people's homes and supplying them a simple means of escape?

I mean, you can watch that opening song in Tangled only for so long before the reality of it suddenly hits home. It stings! I may never watch that movie again...

Take pride in this, Gog: You've done all of us a great service. Don't ever doubt that!

You are appreciated!

By the way, if you would like to see more older gamers using Gog (I'm 50ish myself) try to get more Pop Cap style games in Gog (Bejewelled, Zuma, Plants VS Zombies, Peggle) and puzzle games like Tetris. Old folks do play video games, too!
Post edited April 27, 2021 by user deleted
I am so glad you guys are doing good :)

There was this grumpy user who predicted in some thread a week (or so) ago that you will become bankrupt.
I am really curious what he´s saying now :D :D :D
Tarhiel: I am so glad you guys are doing good :)

There was this grumpy user who predicted in some thread a week (or so) ago that you will become bankrupt.
I am really curious what he´s saying now :D :D :D
People on denial usually won't care or forgot what they wrote hours after they made something. I wouldn't hold my breath about it.
I‘m kind of missing the development of CDPR shares price from January 2020 to end of December 2020.
low rated
high rated
tfishell: I don't know how hard this would be to gather accurately, but I'd really like to know how many more people use Galaxy over installers (if Galaxy is used by far more people).
I agree though even if the real "stats" were found & posted, there would still be massive sampling bias in favour of Galaxy simply because Galaxy's telemetry is counted whilst offline installers aren't due to their nature. Example - let's say two GOG users buy the same game in 2014 (an old game that doesn't need updating much):-

Person A downloads the offline installer and backs it up then replays it annually by locally reinstalling it offline from a backup drive. Those 7x replays will all be counted as "1x offline installer download" by GOG's server / account usage telemetry. By 2030, he'd have 17x annual replays yet all will still only be counted as "1x offline download".

Person B replays it annually Galaxy / Steam-style by Download -> Play -> Delete -> Re-download next year and will appear to GOG server statistics as "7x Galaxy downloads" by 2020 and "17x Galaxy downloads" by 2030 (for one user for one game)

ie, the Officially Correct (tm) download statistics will show "87.5% of downloads were via Galaxy vs 12.5% of Offline Installers" in 2020 and "94.1% Galaxy v 5.9% Offline Installer" by 2030, when counting just 2x people downloading just one game, who between the two of them still have 50/50 "I use Galaxy" vs "I don't use Galaxy" usage patterns.

Same goes for those of us running a "whitelisted" firewall, whatever telemetry pings are sent out by the offline installers saying "mark +1 install for this game" (plus any in-game telemetry) won't be counted if it's blocked by a firewall (whilst Galaxy users always will). So I don't even think it's possible for GOG to measure it "honestly" without obvious sampling bias against offline installers due to their very nature and purpose of not needing the Internet = naturally lesser visibility vs those who use Galaxy like Steam (always online for each game install, constant re-downloads, etc).

Edit: Having completed that survey, I ran into the same issue where I think it was Q27 that said "Do you use Galaxy", and if you ticked "No", it still took you to Q28 (asking the 3 things you like most about using Galaxy) instead of skipping over it to Q29. So it's not hard to claim even 100% rates of Galaxy usage based on the survey that refuses to let non-Galaxy users complete it unless they lie and say they use Galaxy... ;-)
Post edited April 27, 2021 by AB2012
derbyhell:
I agree.