It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kyousuke.: What saddens me the most is how GOG is outright ignoring us.
Im not boycotting, as Im new to the plataform, Im observing to see what will be the result of this, still, Im simpathetic to the cause, as I said in other threads and even in this one before.
[ https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_its_time_for_you_to_reflect/post38 ]

But I don't think they're ignoring this, they are waiting.

From an administrative point of view, I believe they are waiting for the result of the boycott. If the number of people continues to grow, they will have to say something about this.

Moreover, they are needing to take care of many problems that resulted from the launch of CP2077. Too many problems at once, I might say. Many conflicts to be solved at the same time.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by D.Keys
D.Keys: I don't think they're ignoring this, they are waiting.
Waiting is a form of ignoring. It's literally "waiting to see if people stop talking about it and things quiet down letting this whole ordeal go unnoticed in the long run".
I am pretty sure GOG is silently watching at least some of forums from the shadows while explicitly keeping mouths of blues shut (and community moderators wouldn't know about company's Infernal Affairs so they are out of the loop).
At this point it is safe to say GOG employs guerilla tactics, stirring up trouble and retreating to a safe distance then watching things go to shit and people fight each other (such as on their own forums where there is a bunch of people who seem to want to pick a fight with a bunch of other, reasonable, people who try to make a point about GOG's anti-consumer practises as well as semi-unofficial approval of censorship).

D.Keys: From an administrative point of view, I believe they are waiting for the result of the boycott. If the number of people continues to grow, they will have to say something about this.
No, actually, I think they will keep radio silent until they are in "danger close" territory or maybe even till much later.

D.Keys: Moreover, they are needing to take care of many problems that resulted from the launch of CP2077. Too many problems at once, I might say. Many conflicts to be solved at the same time.
Fixing CP2077 is up to CDPR. Fixing incredible-adventures-of-van-BS-on-his-majestic-bright-color-puff-service is up to GOG.
Really, the two fall under the same mother company CDP-some-name (CDPR group?) but they are still separate entities, both doing separate-yet-interconnecting BS ordeals currently.

edit: fixed unusual amount of typing errors (I must be getting tired or something)
Post edited January 28, 2021 by B1tF1ghter
high rated
D.Keys: Im not boycotting, as Im new to the plataform, Im observing to see what will be the result of this, still, Im simpathetic to the cause, as I said in other threads and even in this one before.
[ https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_its_time_for_you_to_reflect/post38 ]

But I don't think they're ignoring this, they are waiting.

From an administrative point of view, I believe they are waiting for the result of the boycott. If the number of people continues to grow, they will have to say something about this.

Moreover, they are needing to take care of many problems that resulted from the launch of CP2077. Too many problems at once, I might say. Many conflicts to be solved at the same time.
The problem is that this kind of issue is going on well before the CP problem, that just added further problems into it (like the "my reward" BS, which adds free content locked behind online on a SP only game, which obviously is an anti-consumer practice, even more so since their drm-free policy falls apart entirely).
D.Keys: I don't think they're ignoring this, they are waiting.
B1tF1ghter: Waiting is a form of ignoring. It's literally "waiting to see if people stop talking about it and things quiet down letting this whole ordeal go unnoticed in the long run".
I am pretty sure GOG is silently watching at least some of forums from the shadows while explicitly keeping mouths of blues shut (and community moderators wouldn't know about company's Infernal Affairs so they are out of the loop).
At this point it is safe to say GOG employs guerilla tactics, stirring up trouble and retreating to a safe distance then watching things go to shit and people fight each other (such as on their own forums where there is a bunch of people who seem to want to pick a fight with a bunch of other, reasonable, people who try to make a point about GOG's anti-consumer practises as well as semi-unofficial approval of censorship).
Now you're talking about intentions, I can't judge what's happening inside GOG headquarters if Im not there, or if I don't have proof of what you're saying. But you may be right, time will tell, Im new around here and, in a safe way, trying to judge things myself before saying anything agaisn't them. That's why I linked my answer in my last post.

D.Keys: From an administrative point of view, I believe they are waiting for the result of the boycott. If the number of people continues to grow, they will have to say something about this.
B1tF1ghter: No, actually, I think they will keep radio silent until they are in "danger close" territory or maybe even till much later.
I hope not. If they do this, this will be a proof that your words were true.

D.Keys: Moreover, they are needing to take care of many problems that resulted from the launch of CP2077. Too many problems at once, I might say. Many conflicts to be solved at the same time.
B1tF1ghter: Fixing CP2077 is up to CDPR. Fixing incredible-adventures-of-van-BS-on-his-majestic-bright-color-puff-service is up to GOG.
Really, the two fall under the same mother company CDP-some-name (CDPR group?) but they are still separate entities, both doing separate-yet-interconnecting BS ordeals currently.
edit: fixed unusual amount of typing errors (I must be getting tired or something)
What I meant by that is, actually, that the whole company is facing judicial problems that are hard to solve. So this is affecting the company as a whole.

Kyousuke.: The problem is that this kind of issue is going on well before the CP problem, that just added further problems into it.
Recently noticed this by yours and other people threads and posts. :(
Post edited January 28, 2021 by D.Keys
low rated
WinterSnowfall: I'm tracking the discrepancies and all I can say is that it's gotten somewhat better these last months, but some older issues are still not solved. It may very well be developers at fault there, not sure. My point being, don't grab any pitchforks just yet, it (genuinely) seems they are trying to address this point.
Time4Tea: Then it would be nice to see GOG communicating that more clearly. If only for the sake that they really need to do something PR-wise to show the community they still care somewhat about DRM-free.

Time4Tea:
Time4Tea: I hate DRM. DRM is not fun.
It is fun for the company that gets to impose DRM, though.
Like the fun you can have with all the money you make off of selling broken games to gullible idiots like me.
Passive aggressive boycotting. It's not an active boycott, but I've felt no urge to buy anything lately; I've more gone to the idea of going slightly out of my way to be a thorn in the side of the upper management of GOG by calling out their terrible hiring practices.
high rated
Kyousuke.: What saddens me the most is how GOG is outright ignoring us.
D.Keys: But I don't think they're ignoring this, they are waiting.

Tbh, I'm not really expecting the GOG Management to say anything regarding the boycott. And, I'm not even sure I want them to, because there isn't really anything they can say that is going to magically make everything better.

I mean, in general, it would be good to see GOG communicating more and listening to their user base. But, ultimately, the point of the boycott (for me) is not to get a bunch of words. I want to see actions. I want to see concrete resolutions of the issues that have been listed.

I am encouraged by the number of users who have registered their support so far - I hadn't expected to get so many names. Thanks to everyone that has signed up!

(@Kyousuke: I will put you down as 'sympathising' for now?)
Post edited January 29, 2021 by Time4Tea
Darvond: Passive aggressive boycotting. It's not an active boycott,
Isn't a boycott passive by definition? I mean it's essentially about not doing something. (I'm not trying to be an asshole here, just wondering)
Darvond: Passive aggressive boycotting. It's not an active boycott,
Breja: Isn't a boycott passive by definition? I mean it's essentially about not doing something. (I'm not trying to be an asshole here, just wondering)
I guess it depends?

Because, doing nothing, is actually doing something, agaisnt, or in favor of, something.
If someone tell you: "Jump!"
And you do "nothing", you're desobeying, which means, you are doing something, right?
Which means, in the end, you're marking your position. "I will not jump."
Rather philosophical.
Post edited January 29, 2021 by D.Keys
D.Keys: I guess it depends?

Because, doing nothing, is actually doing something, agaisnt, or in favor of, something.
Well, yes, but you're doing it (protesting against GOG's current condition and trying to force a change) in an inherently passive way. An active way would be I guess, refunding all the games you can, attacking GOG on social media - taking some action.
D.Keys: I guess it depends?

Breja: Well, yes, but you're doing it (protesting against GOG's current condition and trying to force a change) in an inherently passive way. An active way would be I guess, refunding all the games you can, attacking GOG on social media - taking some action.
I agree with you. There are more actions that can be done to support a cause.
Was just philosophising about it.

Im not boycotting them, but, I believe who are, are doing what you said.
Wouldn't their actions, like making a thread about it, be considered an "Social Media Attack"?
Post edited January 29, 2021 by D.Keys
Breja: Isn't a boycott passive by definition? I mean it's essentially about not doing something. (I'm not trying to be an asshole here, just wondering)
Depends how it's done. If you just decide to boycott and keep it to yourself, it is a passive and quite irrelevant action. But an actual boycott implies making a statement and ensuring that it gets delivered to the target of your boycott, so they'll know why you're taking part and what the demands are. Which makes it active at least to some extent, how much so depending on how, well, actively you keep stating the reasons and demands and try to get a reaction.
low rated
Hexchild: Interesting, isn't it? I find it to be quite a striking parallel to the history of Electronic Arts.
I miss their old logo. It had character.
I like the old Sierra logo(from the KQ days) and the music/sounds that accompanied it.

=-=-=

Kyousuke.: What is more concerning for me is the new take on pre-order items locked behind online auth and I really can't forgive that.
This is not a new thing, actually...companies(game sellers) have been offering pre order bonuses locked to certain game editions or certain stores for years now.

To me, I don't mind personally as long as it's just cosmetic items like clothing and such, and isn't say SP content or the like.....though I can see why it would bother some others such as yourself.

=-=-=

D.Keys: I hope not. If they do this, this will be a proof that your words were true.
For a comparison: GOG has yet to reply to the complaints and criticisms after they removed the GOG DLer....well, beyond a few form letter style replies by the blues(staffers), that is. And that was 8+ MONTHS ago.
Post edited January 29, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
I will not be boycotting GOG for various reasons. GOG has the choice to sell whatever they want, so I'm really not all that broken up about Devotion being released (a game that most people probably wouldn't have purchased in the first place). It was a business decision, pure and simple. I'm also a HUGE fan of the Galaxy service and would like to see them focus primarily on this software. I realize that there are those who choose not to use it, but that doesn't mean the rest of us should suffer.

Also, what exactly are you trying to prove here? You don't like some of the decisions that GOG has made over the last few years, so you'd rather embrace companies like Steam, that have no problem with full DRM in their games? That makes no sense.
Post edited January 29, 2021 by joelandsonja
Well, there's a passive boycott, and there's the active protest.

Which could range from simply avoiding a service to outright protesting and denouncing something.