It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Leevi: ...And barely late refund request from an old loyal customer (my first refund request even) works as a test too. They could have refunded if they wished. Clearly they don't care about old customers.
You should make your case more forcefully. If your refund request is due to bugs and problems, then you should be able to quote applicable consumer law for your jurisdiction (which, for problem goods, will likely have a far longer deadline than 30 days). If you get a further refusal, state that you will request a chargeback from the card company (assuming you paid by credit card) - you should be prepared to send copies of GOG emails (and screenshots of in-game problems) to the credit card company when doing this, but they can then reverse the transaction.

Doing this is risky with a system like Steam which is happy to ban accounts (denying access to all purchased content) but the worst GOG can do is prevent you from updating your installers, assuming that you have downloaded the offline ones rather than rely on Galaxy. If you haven't downloaded those installers, do so before proceeding further.
AstralWanderer: [...]
You should make your case more forcefully. If your refund request is due to bugs and problems, then you should be able to quote applicable consumer law for your jurisdiction (which, for problem goods
[...]
Leevi: [...]
never downloaded any of the games purchased in this transaction.
[...]
Leevi: And barely late refund request from an old loyal customer (my first refund request even) works as a test too. They could have refunded if they wished. Clearly they don't care about old customers.
Uhhh, yeah... I just checked your profile and you got over a thousand games in your library. If you haven't downloaded the games and this is indeed your first refund request, they could and SHOULD have afforded you some leniency.
low rated
Leevi: Order total: € 184.25
Date of purchase 2020-12-01
Refund asked on 2021-01-02
Refund denied on 2021-01-26

Thank you for contacting us. My apologies for the late reply, our services are currently overwhelmed.

I'm afraid that sale is considered final 30 days after purchase. You have requested a refund after those 30 days have already passed. I am very sorry, but a refund for your order is no longer possible.

I will mark this ticket as solved, but if you have any further questions, writing to us will reopen it.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
GOG Customer Support

Replied them with this

"Hey,

Very much disappointed in GOG, yet again, but what else is new. Sigh.

I was couple days late asking for this refund, never downloaded any of
the games purchased in this transaction. However, that doesn't matter
apparently. But it would have been perfectly ok if I had downloaded all
those games, played them and even kept the installers, and asked the
refund few days sooner. I guess it was a mistake allowing GOG some time
to explain the "Many gamers" bullshit (which still hasn't been
explained).

Oh well, my other refund request was made in time, but it was just one
cheap game, so it is much less feeble protest against the GOG
collaboration with the Chinese Communist Party. I hope the Chinese pay
well, I am not planning to spend any money on GOG anymore
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/page1

Thanks a lot,

Leevi"
Why is this "low rated"?
low rated
AstralWanderer: You should make your case more forcefully. If your refund request is due to bugs and problems, then you should be able to quote applicable consumer law for your jurisdiction (which, for problem goods, will likely have a far longer deadline than 30 days). If you get a further refusal, state that you will request a chargeback from the card company (assuming you paid by credit card) - you should be prepared to send copies of GOG emails (and screenshots of in-game problems) to the credit card company when doing this, but they can then reverse the transaction.

Doing this is risky with a system like Steam which is happy to ban accounts (denying access to all purchased content) but the worst GOG can do is prevent you from updating your installers, assuming that you have downloaded the offline ones rather than rely on Galaxy. If you haven't downloaded those installers, do so before proceeding further.
For now, GOG is holding my games as hostages, not as badly as Steam since I could technically download my games/movies from GOG. But just haven't got the room for them, 1000+ games and their goodies take some space. Then there would be the problem of making proper backups for them (on and off-site backups). When I bought the games from GOG, I also paid for the backups on GOG servers, so might as well keep using their services and not risk losing the account with chargebacks. And I don't think GOG is in Chinese pocket that badly yet that I would need to get my data out of their servers. If things go badly, maybe someday I wouldn't trust games downloaded from GOG, but it doesn't look that bad yet.

I should make a new PC and just download everything of course. My main machine is over decade old. Upgrading this is anymore is kinda pointless. My laptop doesn't have much room to begin with and can't be upgraded. I was looking at building a decent new PC just recently, but ordered a PCC instead and will keep using this ancient machine just a little bit longer.
WeirdoGeek: Why is this "low rated"?
Who knows, downvoters haven't bothered to voice their objections. Perhaps they think my actions/words harm GOG (so the boycott is working in their opinion), or perhaps they are CCP members/sympathisers and just want to censor me.

And oh no, my imaginary internet points, what will I ever do without them :P
Post edited January 28, 2021 by Leevi
I should make a new PC and just download everything of course.
[...]
Ummm...... instead of getting a new PC, why don't you just get an external harddrive? I am confused.... a 2TB is about £60, and you easily get a 4TB for less then £100 (i doubt you will need more than this to backup all your games). Heck, you can even get 1TB SSD external drives for less than £150. Much cheaper then a new PC, and you can migrate the drive from PC to PC in the future.
I should make a new PC and just download everything of course.
[...]
amok: Ummm...... instead of getting a new PC, why don't you just get an external harddrive? I am confused.... a 2TB is about £60, and you easily get a 4TB for less then £100 (i doubt you will need more than this to backup all your games). Heck, you can even get 1TB SSD external drives for less than £150. Much cheaper then a new PC, and you can migrate the drive from PC to PC in the future.
Ancient machine has some quirks, like frying USB connected devices :P Most likely wiser to trash the entire system instead of transferring any dodgy donor parts into a new machine.
high rated
Seeing that the OP is low rated and the number of posts in the thread in the hours and first days after creation, I didn't care to poke my nose in here, expecting the usual apologists of "new" no-values, just-growth-and-profit, "we-want-to-be-another-Steam-and-target-their-audience" GOG to bring out the big guns. But after mrkgnao mentioned it in another thread, had another look and saw the list in the OP, which I must say is rather impressive.

Now, after being the one calling for a boycott after the "good news", and then being fooled by their "back to our roots" PR stunt that only lasted about half a year, till they really opened the floodgates, I obviously fully support such initiatives. Not because there's any hope of improvement, GOG have only been getting worse basically since they became GOG instead of Good Old Games, those who called it then being the ones who really saw things properly, while many of the rest of us needed the nearly 2 more years until the "good news" to really realize what was going on, and some maybe didn't even then. But because it at least sends a message and shows that there is a reaction, and at least a specific lack of support, for what's going on.

So, yes, also joining the boycott for the duration of 2021, in the sense that I won't make purchases on here. My conditions would be fewer than the OPs, basically either fixing or, if that doesn't happen, removing any games that have any sort of DRM, anything that may at any point require a connection or activation, for single player (so Gwent is infuriating, but not a dealbreaker in itself, being multiplayer only), and ensuring that those who won't touch Galaxy don't get worse treatment compared to those who do, so offline installers not falling behind or missing features compared to Galaxy ones, people wanting offline older or different versions that are available through Galaxy receiving them, and no freebies or other similar benefits only for Galaxy users. The other demands in the OP are laudable but for me getting rid of regional pricing, at least in the sense of regions paying more than the US price, is far above any of them for me, and so far I shamefully haven't even returned to my own call for boycott from back then because it's not happening, merely making sure to restrict my few purchases to the ever dwindling number of games that don't have such pricing, so...

Fully support the original call, however, and those who join it for all the listed reasons, of course.
low rated
Hexchild: It doesn't really change my stance on anti-consumer practices that much. If at any point I have good reason to suspect such things, I'll be doing my part to leverage said maximization of profit by reducing that profit a teensy bit.
Sounds good.

Still, if people want such to not happen(in countries with such laws for public companies), then they either need to somehow get that law changed or hope their favorite companies never go public.
Cavalary: GOG have only been getting worse basically since they became GOG instead of Good Old Games
Interesting, isn't it? I find it to be quite a striking parallel to the history of Electronic Arts.
I miss their old logo. It had character.
high rated
I don't know if I should join this boycott. A boycott sort of implies that if it weren't for certain issues one would still want to support GOG... And I just don't. I mean, I'd be happy if Devotion was let back in and released for sale... But even if they walk things back and do everything right from now on... I still kinda don't wanna deal with GOG anymore. Their recent choices has sickened me and I'll refrain from utilizing their services until the thought of them don't sicken me anymore.

At this point I rather use Steam. Yes, they use DRM and are a giant faceless monolith of indifference, but at least they don't pretend to be anything else. GOG pretends to be gamer-centric, user friendly and morally superior to other stores and that is just plain disingenuous and untrue, which in my book makes them worse. They're a dishonest company masquerading as altruists and I don't wanna deal with dishonest people.
high rated
Djungelurban: I don't know if I should join this boycott. A boycott sort of implies that if it weren't for certain issues one would still want to support GOG... And I just don't. I mean, I'd be happy if Devotion was let back in and released for sale... But even if they walk things back and do everything right from now on... I still kinda don't wanna deal with GOG anymore. Their recent choices has sickened me and I'll refrain from utilizing their services until the thought of them don't sicken me anymore.

At this point I rather use Steam. Yes, they use DRM and are a giant faceless monolith of indifference, but at least they don't pretend to be anything else. GOG pretends to be gamer-centric, user friendly and morally superior to other stores and that is just plain disingenuous and untrue, which in my book makes them worse. They're a dishonest company masquerading as altruists and I don't wanna deal with dishonest people.
How about boycotting them until they admit that they have been a sickeningly dishonest company, but would now like to change?
Post edited January 28, 2021 by mrkgnao
Djungelurban: I don't know if I should join this boycott. A boycott sort of implies that if it weren't for certain issues one would still want to support GOG... And I just don't. I mean, I'd be happy if Devotion was let back in and released for sale... But even if they walk things back and do everything right from now on... I still kinda don't wanna deal with GOG anymore. Their recent choices has sickened me and I'll refrain from utilizing their services until the thought of them don't sicken me anymore.

I don't know if Steam doesn't care or doesn't pretend. After all, some people actually believe the developers pulled the game from the store of their own volition, as they did say:

"Due to technical issues that cause unexpected crashes and among other reasons, we are pulling Devotion off from Steam store to have another complete QA check."

We are all aware of the neverending technical issues that would only affect the Steam release.
low rated
The last time I made a purchase on Gog was on 3rd of December 2019. The last time I made a purchase of Gog games on resellers website (Fanatical) was on 14th of April 2020. There are currently 95 games and expansions and DLCs on my wishlist. Feels good, man. Next time don't employ red fascists to moderate your forum, Gog.
high rated
I'm pretty thorn on this one: I haven't reached the point of boycotting GOG, but surely I'm getting really displeased as of late with many questionable decisions they took.

What is more concerning for me is the new take on pre-order items locked behind online auth and I really can't forgive that (put that along content locked behind online a la NMS or CP2077 and for BS reasons and shit hits the fan even more).

What saddens me the most is how GOG is outright ignoring us.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by Kyousuke.