It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Longcat: If by real, you mean true, then no, I don't agree with you unfounded accusations of "cinisim or evilness", or "toxic", or being "a brainless defender of a lie", or being a "hypocrit". I don't really care what you think, I have no obligation to respond to your namecalling.

I've made it quite clear a number of times that I support this boycott, and that I do boycott myself since Hitman, even though I am not on any list. It is therefore totally incomprehensible why you are asking this.

The rest of your post is unintelligible, and I have quite frankly no desire to keep responding to your unpleasant improprieties. God night.
Gudadantza: Hitman is no here anymore, mate, really, what is the problem of yours? Boredom? Excuses? Stuborness? An alternative reality?
I'm clearly not the one with problems here. Good night.
Post edited October 02, 2022 by Longcat
Gudadantza: Hitman is no here anymore, mate, really, what is the problem of yours? Boredom? Excuses? Stuborness? An alternative reality?
Longcat: I'm clearly not the one with problems here. Good night.
Come on, don't be so cheap. Again, Hitman is not here anymore,. Be coherent. "I support boycotting GOG because I am bored and I I hate them not really sure why" any excuse every two months will be perfect for my tale.
But I will do what I want in every moment, indeed
FrodoBaggins: There only is one definition of the word "boycott". It's just a few people inthis thread that try to claim otherwise. So as long as you are using GOG's services, you are not boycotting.

Likewise, if I claim that bricks are made from jelly, and I repeat that over and over again, it doesn't make it true.
Yes, as I said, I was on the "boycott" list because I wasn't buying any games. Now I've asked to be moved to a "sympathetic" or "reduced spending" list because (after nearly 2 years) I've decided the DRM situation has improved a bit and I'm going to buy (some) games.

No idea why you're trying to explain it to me.
Longcat: I'm clearly not the one with problems here. Good night.
Gudadantza: Come on, don't be so cheap. Again, Hitman is not here anymore,. Be coherent. "I support boycotting GOG because I am bored and I I hate them not really sure why" any excuse every two months will be perfect for my tale.
But I will do what I want in every moment, indeed
Your statements are untrue. Please stop calling me names and putting words in my mouth. I have never stated what you are writing in your post, it is an outright lie on your part. I don't care what you think, but I do care that you lie.

You have made it quite clear what you mean by "cinisism and evilness", "toxic", "brainless", "hypocrite", "coherent" and "cheap" by now, and I think it's evident for anyone reading your insulting attacks and untruthful comments who deserves your derogatory labels. And before you ask, it's not me.
foad01:
I'm going to report your posts to the moderators. You keep repeatedly spamming the same very long post over and over, in an obvious attempt to disrupt the thread, whilst ignoring all counterpoints that have been made. That is not reasonable behavior.
It has been clarified many times now that the intention has always been that people are welcome to join the boycott list, if they are significantly reducing their spending, compared to what they were spending previously. That is how we are choosing to define and use the term 'boycott' and it has been that way from the very beginning.

If you don't like it, don't agree with it, that's fine. Make your point and then leave. You do not have the right to continuously post the same points over and over, whilst ignoring reasonable counterpoints that others are making. Doing that is obviously trolling/spamming - it will not be tolerated and I will report such behavior to the forum admins.

If you don't like the boycott, that's fine - you don't have to take part. But you do not have a right to disrupt it for others.
foad01: The user who resurrected the thread in post 5746 is obviously also one person who boycotts GOG but isn't part of this "boycott", see here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2022/page1

Anti-boycotter? Nope.

Then you have one user in post 5765 spreading hearsay about the modability of Skyrim's GOG version. There are no signs of proofs. It turned out that is wasn't true. Maybe asking some other users in the Elder scrolls forum would have helped here. There are already threads about it.
rjbuffchix was on the boycott list for a long time and only left it fairly recently. They are more than welcome to post in this thread.

I find your characterization of him 'resurrecting' the thread inaccurate and quite amusing. This thread has been active regularly, to a greater or lesser extent, for the past two years.

Talking about the modability of Skyrim, I don't think anyone was making any 'accusations'. There again, you are jumping to conclusions and being hysterical. I had said it is a good thing to see Skyrim released on GOG - it's a big deal and it's good for DRM-free. However, there are valid questions being asked about its modability, especially given the game's history of being interwoven with Steam Workshop etc. All I am saying is that the modability needs to be checked and verified (and some users in the release thread seemed to be having issues with it). If it is indeed freely modable then great - that's good news!
HappyPunkPotato: Yes, as I said, I was on the "boycott" list because I wasn't buying any games. Now I've asked to be moved to a "sympathetic" or "reduced spending" list because (after nearly 2 years) I've decided the DRM situation has improved a bit and I'm going to buy (some) games.

No idea why you're trying to explain it to me.
I'm explaining it to you because you've never been on a 'boycott' list. Neither has anyone else in this thread. You're here on the forums, using GOG's services, so you're not 'boycotting'.

'Boycotting' does not mean 'spending less', despite some people here claiming it does.
FrodoBaggins: I'm explaining it to you because you've never been on a 'boycott' list. Neither has anyone else in this thread. You're here on the forums, using GOG's services, so you're not 'boycotting'.

'Boycotting' does not mean 'spending less', despite some people here claiming it does.
Typing "boycott" list is much more convenient than typing "not spending any money to get the point accross to GOG but still using the forums because that doesn't generally benefit them" list though.

This definition suggests that to boycott is "to refuse to buy a product or take part in an activity as a way of expressing strong disapproval". Note the use of the word "or" there. What I was doing was a boycott of GOG because I was refusing to buy their products.

Do you partol the forums looking for other cases of words that you think are being used slightly differently to their exact definition or do you just have a particular interest in this one?
Time4Tea: It has been clarified many times now that the intention has always been that people are welcome to join the boycott list, if they are significantly reducing their spending, compared to what they were spending previously. That is how we are choosing to define and use the term 'boycott' and it has been that way from the very beginning.

If you don't like it, don't agree with it, that's fine. Make your point and then leave. You do not have the right to continuously post the same points over and over, whilst ignoring reasonable counterpoints that others are making. Doing that is obviously trolling/spamming - it will not be tolerated and I will report such behavior to the forum admins.

If you don't like the boycott, that's fine - you don't have to take part. But you do not have a right to disrupt it for others.
the problem is that this is not what the word "boycott" means, If you look at any definition of the word, it is a total absence or withdrawal from goods or services.

I have no problem with your protest and what-nots, feel free to do so, it is perfectly fine, it is your rights to do so

What I do not understand is why you feel the need to re-define the English language to justify it? what purpose does it serve? it just makes it look sillier and juvenile, as you are not able to have a boycott. if you wanted to seem like a serious movement, then this is the first thing I would fix (i.e. fix the wording)

(and it just brings up the memes of gamers not capable of having a boycott, i am sure you have seen them)
Time4Tea: I'm going to report your posts to the moderators. You keep repeatedly spamming the same very long post over and over, in an obvious attempt to disrupt the thread, whilst ignoring all counterpoints that have been made. That is not reasonable behavior.
Edit: I removed the old version of the list which I posted before.

Active contributions to this thread are spam? The lists show the state of the boycott. I re-posted the lists because of new informations about one boycotter and after I got personally attacked by Longcat again. The lists are on-topic and they aren't spam. You dislike them because they disagree with your strange definition of a boycott. I think they are essential for people reading this thread. The action of reporting me shows that you also just want to attack me on a personal level.

For Longcat I am the idiotic troll. For you I am the spamming troll.

Time4Tea: If you don't like it, don't agree with it, that's fine. Make your point and then leave.
I haven't ignored them. I disagree with them. I will answer the points you made weeks ago:

Time4Tea: About: 'sock puppet accounts being on the list'
That's not how it works. Either you are on the list or not. With this logic you can start a petition. When you don't have enough signatures you just fill in the rest because there is a theoretical group who could have signed the petition.

Time4Tea: Re: deleted accounts being on the list.
With this kind of thinking you are also OK with having dead people staying as registered voters. That dead Republican/Democrat there could have voted Red/Blue so let's count his vote. I mean... LOLWUT.

Time4Tea: Re: the list of signees who appear to have purchased some games:
If I boycott McDonalds then I won't go and order a Big Mac. Let's say I am in a labor union and they organized a strike. With your logic I can work just 1 instead of 10 hours per day during the strike. In that case I would be a fink.

Either you are boycotting or not.

And the list of boycotters is questionable. There is still one user in the boycotters list who wanted to be removed and added to the "sympathetic" list. Nothing happened in the past 1.5 years. That pretty much shows that there is no interest in keeping the list up to date and reliable. Integrity is completely absent here.

Just think about you are working for GOG and you see this thread. What would you think? Can you imagine it? I see a total mess. Chaos. After reading parts of this thread I don't know what you guys want.

User A wants his own goals A. User B wants his own goals B. etc. Then are users where their goals are contradicting. Other people here are boycotting, but they are not joining this boycott. They are just attacking other users. There are discussions about the boycott. What is a boycott or not? Why should GOG be boycotted or not? The initial text of this thread about the boycott plays a little role here. It seems to me that most people are here just because of the word "boycott" in the title. It's clickbait.

It is confusing.

On top of this you constantly see how people who disgree with statements of boycotters are getting attacked on a personal level.

Time4Tea: You do not have the right to continuously post the same points over and over, whilst ignoring reasonable counterpoints that others are making. Doing that is obviously trolling/spamming - it will not be tolerated and I will report such behavior to the forum admins.
My counterpoints were also ignored and the same things were posted over and over again. This wasn't trolling/spamming because it supports the boycott. Of course...

Do you actually know what this means? Users who participating in this boycott or say they are boycotting GOG are also active in other threads and constantly posting how much GOG sucks over and over again. News threads are hijacked, threads where people are just thanking GOG for the great games and service are hijacked, etc. Peaceful threads were disrupted by boycotters or "boycotters" on a regular basis here. This thread is spawning a toxic negativity throughout the forum.

Time4Tea: If you don't like the boycott, that's fine - you don't have to take part. But you do not have a right to disrupt it for others."
You are protesting against censorship, but you actually want to censor people who disagree with you. People who disagree with this thread are "shameless" trolls or "GOG fanboys", isn't it?

Time4Tea: rjbuffchix was on the boycott list for a long time and only left it fairly recently. They are more than welcome to post in this thread.
rjbuffchix? I can't link it because the thread is broken. Go back to post 5746 and you see WHO resurrected this thread. The linked thread already gives it away. This is really troublesome because it shows that you haven't actually read what I wrote. I stated already the reason.

You also want to attack me on a personal level. That is going on here.
Post edited October 02, 2022 by foad01
Hey GOG, could we get a popcorn dispenser in here?
amok: the problem is that this is not what the word "boycott" means, If you look at any definition of the word, it is a total absence or withdrawal from goods or services.

I have no problem with your protest and what-nots, feel free to do so, it is perfectly fine, it is your rights to do so

What I do not understand is why you feel the need to re-define the English language to justify it? what purpose does it serve? it just makes it look sillier and juvenile, as you are not able to have a boycott. if you wanted to seem like a serious movement, then this is the first thing I would fix (i.e. fix the wording)

(and it just brings up the memes of gamers not capable of having a boycott, i am sure you have seen them)
This has already been hashed out over and over on this thread. It's a circular argument because he always comes back with 'any reduction of spending is helping to put the pinch on GOG.' Which may be true, may not be true, when you use nearly undefinable terms and unidentifiable quantities to explain your position, it can be nearly anything you want it to be. It's part of the reason I was only on the actual boycott list for a short while.
Hello I would kindly ask to be removed from the people who are sympathetic to the concept list (#16 on the list)

This thread is no longer for me, sorry guys.
When is a cat, not a cat ?, when it's a catastrophe.

When is a boycott, not a boycott ?. when it's hosted in/on the place that is (supposedly) being boycotted...