It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Time4Tea: I think it's a good discussion, but probably belongs in a different thread.
Unless someone wants to boycott GOG because of crappy moderation and constant rep abuse :D
low rated
Time4Tea: I think it's a good discussion, but probably belongs in a different thread.
Breja: Unless someone wants to boycott GOG because of crappy moderation and constant rep abuse :D
That is legitimate, I'm sure everyone agrees that the forum needs an overhaul :)
low rated
Breja: Unless someone wants to boycott GOG because of crappy moderation and constant rep abuse :D
I agree.
Oh the irony..
Breja: That's a great rule to have when moderation sucks. A pity the rampant rep abuse which has reduced the system to a tool for trolls isn't a violation of the rules.
Sarafan: No, it actually prevents the forum from becoming a mess due to unnecessary accusations. No one is happy when he receives a warning or a ban and most of them would like to comment publicly how much alleged “undeserved harm” was made to them. As for rep abuse, it was said already that we don’t have access to information who downvotes or upvotes the posts. At this moment not much can be done with this issue.
Forum admin issues will just get discussed elsewhere especially if there are secret attempts to impose their own rules instead of the official ones.

If they can screw around adding goole garbage to payment areas and logins then why not rep. it reminds me of another forum which had rep then made changes to reveal all the votes.

wolfsite: That is legitimate, I'm sure everyone agrees that the forum needs an overhaul :)
The problem is that most modern forum software is tardphone fodder where half the screen is taken up with empty space, oversized icons and endless scrolling.
Post edited October 13, 2021 by §pec†re
low rated
Sarafan: No, it actually prevents the forum from becoming a mess due to unnecessary accusations. No one is happy when he receives a warning or a ban and most of them would like to comment publicly how much alleged “undeserved harm” was made to them.
Breja: Well, I can't really argue with that. I mean I could, but I'd get banned :D
Yeah, no shit. A shame these resources aren't going towards the expeditious processing of refunds, eh Breja? lol

Good ol' GOG. o.O
low rated
Breja: Well, I can't really argue with that. I mean I could, but I'd get banned :D
richlind33: Yeah, no shit. A shame these resources aren't going towards the expeditious processing of refunds, eh Breja? lol

Good ol' GOG. o.O
I am curious (I've not been involved in any of this until recently) why this problem seems to have been going on at least a month or more? Was there some explosion in refund requests? Is this related to the Hitman issue?
Sarafan: No, it actually prevents the forum from becoming a mess due to unnecessary accusations. No one is happy when he receives a warning or a ban and most of them would like to comment publicly how much alleged “undeserved harm” was made to them.
..it is likely you would also get banned over arguing whether something is an objective vs. subjective standard. My guess with the way the world is heading is that most things are now subjective and tied directly to FEELINGS. You can't argue with those as they are by definition irrational.
Time4Tea: Hey guys, I appreciate your opinions, but I think it would be best to not discuss GOG forum moderation methods here. Sarafan has said he doesn't want to discuss it and I don't want the thread to get locked.

I think it's a good discussion, but probably belongs in a different thread.
Agreed. GOG fix your bad decisions in regards to DRM so we can get back to gaming properly and using GOG regularly for somthing other than highlighting your deficiencies and change from your current trajectory of heading towards irrelevance..
Post edited October 13, 2021 by kblazer883
low rated
Time4Tea: This clearly shows that large-scale protests by GOG's current user base can be effective and achieve results. This also proves conclusively that those who have been saying since the start of the year that customer action won't achieve anything, that we are too few and they won't listen - they are wrong. Period.
Magnitus: I'll admit I was surprised. I thought GOG was just about ready to either completely scrap or seriously scale back its drm-free policy based on the fact that other venues were perceived by management as way more lucrative.

Time will tell if that will become the case later on, but for now, I misjudged things.

That being said, while the community is united at the threshold of significant single-player content being drm-free, I do believe it is fragmented enough on other issues that you won't reach the critical mass necessary for a successful boycott for anything beyond that.

For example, you care about Devotion and I don't really. Similarly, I care about multiplayer and from what I read in your post, you probably don't care about it that much.
At the end of the day, our shared interests far outweigh what we don't have in common. The only question is whether or not we appreciate that, and that's a variable.
richlind33: Yeah, no shit. A shame these resources aren't going towards the expeditious processing of refunds, eh Breja? lol

Good ol' GOG. o.O
Creo1: I am curious (I've not been involved in any of this until recently) why this problem seems to have been going on at least a month or more? Was there some explosion in refund requests? Is this related to the Hitman issue?
Some time ago they liberalized the refund policy, and the CP 2077 release was a debacle, so there was a tidal wave of refunds, coupled with a system that is less than perfect. So it's basically on par with this amazing forum. ;p
Post edited October 13, 2021 by richlind33
low rated
Magnitus: I'll admit I was surprised. I thought GOG was just about ready to either completely scrap or seriously scale back its drm-free policy based on the fact that other venues were perceived by management as way more lucrative.

Time will tell if that will become the case later on, but for now, I misjudged things.

That being said, while the community is united at the threshold of significant single-player content being drm-free, I do believe it is fragmented enough on other issues that you won't reach the critical mass necessary for a successful boycott for anything beyond that.

For example, you care about Devotion and I don't really. Similarly, I care about multiplayer and from what I read in your post, you probably don't care about it that much.
richlind33: At the end of the day, our shared interests far outweigh what we don't have in common. The only question is whether or not we appreciate that, and that's a variable.
Creo1: I am curious (I've not been involved in any of this until recently) why this problem seems to have been going on at least a month or more? Was there some explosion in refund requests? Is this related to the Hitman issue?
richlind33: Some time ago they liberalized the refund policy, and the CP 2077 release was a debacle, so there was a tidal wave of refunds, coupled with a system that is less than perfect. So it's basically on par with this amazing forum. ;p
I know all about the Cyberpunk 2077 (that one was hard to miss haha) but I didn't know it was hitting them so hard still.
low rated
richlind33: At the end of the day, our shared interests far outweigh what we don't have in common. The only question is whether or not we appreciate that, and that's a variable.

Some time ago they liberalized the refund policy, and the CP 2077 release was a debacle, so there was a tidal wave of refunds, coupled with a system that is less than perfect. So it's basically on par with this amazing forum. ;p
Creo1: I know all about the Cyberpunk 2077 (that one was hard to miss haha) but I didn't know it was hitting them so hard still.
I kind of doubt they have a problem with it. But now you know how to expedite the process -- if/when you decide to stop boycotting. ;p
Lol, we started talking about rep abuse, and everyone got downvoted :D
Post edited October 14, 2021 by Breja
Well, if someone wants to make a separate thread for that, I'd be tempted to sign up. But imo it's best to keep this thread focused on DRM and censorship. (that's quite a lot to tackle already) :-)
Just made a new log entry in my post (page 58 for me, but I set the forums to max per page). I had a couple DLC purchases for games I already have, and a couple demos acquired. Another game skipped.

I'm still in waiting for a ... proper post-mortem of WTF went wrong, why, how, and a proper apology about Hitman and hopefully addressing the ... other games like CP2077.
Post edited October 14, 2021 by mqstout
mqstout: Just made a new log entry in my post (page 58 for me, but I set the forums to max per page).
Direct comment link: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post2891
Should work. At least it did to me in an incognito tab while logged off.
mqstout: Just made a new log entry in my post (page 58 for me, but I set the forums to max per page).
_Auster_: Direct comment link: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post2891
Should work. At least it did to me in an incognito tab while logged off.
Took me right to it.