It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Slick_JMista: they really should be careful where they're going with this online only features in their fllagship game. their only selling proposition is DRM free. if they mess with that, then they have no more sales as far as gamers are concerned.
I think one issue here is that what the management believes to be good for CDPR games (DRMed/online stuff to make more money) is at odds with the old "DRM free" philosophy of GOG. Or rephrasing: I dont think they are doing the "DRM creep" inside GOG because they believe it to be good for GOG but rather because they want to use GOG (esp Galaxy) to support their future online/DRM components of CDPR games.
With every step towards more obvious endorsement of DRM(*) they are testing the waters (for acceptance by customers) and eroding resistance (against acceptance by customers).

(*) see https://www.gog.com/forum/general/piggybacking_off_cyberpunk_2077 for the most recent big step
low rated
If you people are really serious about the future of CDPR and DRM-free games, then you should start buying their shares on the stockmarket. You can use the very same money you save from not buying their games right now.
low rated
ConanTheBald: If you people are really serious about the future of CDPR and DRM-free games, then you should start buying their shares on the stockmarket. You can use the very same money you save from not buying their games right now.
Are you serious? And give money to, bail out, the current stockholders? The ones who enforced their bad decisions and made GOG look like a fool, before the eyes of those who were here and spent money on it, before the shareholders happened? Dear sir, are you a stockholder perchance? Or, do you know the current price; are they still on a drop, after the Cybertrash flop fiasco? You give money to somebody in order to gain something good, not toxic garbage, dead weight, to burn your money on. GOG isn't good old games even, anymore! What the hell would we be spending our money on, assuming we felt like entering the stockmarket? Making the leeches, the stockmarket vultures richer, or rather, become their damage control insurance, their 2nd hand resell? No thank you, we are not that dumb. Besides nobody guarantees us that we can have the majority (if holders hold on to some percentage), or even if we do end up having it, that the now enstrangered and insensitive employees who don't give a crop about old policies and original fanbase, will suddenly agree to our point of view, suggestions, pleas for rerolling back in time & reshifting priorities.
Post edited August 22, 2021 by Steamisbetter
low rated
Steamisbetter:
No, I'm not shareholder myself yet but I'm thinking about it. Besides CyberPunk 2077 wasnt a flop. It's doing quite well actually.
Post edited August 22, 2021 by ConanTheBald
low rated
Steamisbetter: Yes I'm paid by Steam to go about the internedz and promo the worzt gaming service imaginable. Meine IQ is -10 and my smallus dickus have been cut off.
ConanTheBald: No, I'm not shareholder myself yet but I'm thinking about it. Besides CyberPunk 2077 wasnt a flop. It's doing quite well actually.
Bless you! Your humor is to my liking! It is a very long time since i last had some hearty laugh, inside here. I wonder how Fuk the Vaxxers or TinyE is doing. But in a serious side note, Steam doesn't resort to paying people, its employees even worse, to upload videos with hollow promises and lies that they will take back and go against them even, such as the good old policies and core values of old GOG. Respectable businesses avoid such... "Tactics".
Post edited August 22, 2021 by Steamisbetter
Shendue: P.S. Also quick reminder that you can buy Devotion DRM-free directly from the creators. Not gonna link here out to respect for GOG (even if I think GOG was anything but respectful towards the developers, I'm not GOG).
I don't think GOG cares since they aren't selling the game.

https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion
tfishell: I don't think GOG cares since they aren't selling the game.

https://shop.redcandlegames.com/games/devotion
I bought the entire package with soundtracks. They have some discount even, for any package (more than one game, or a set of game + soundtrack)! They are zip files, do not need installation and play as is. Beware though, Devotion needs windows 10! The Television has a known bug that it will never start playing or become interractable, after the birthday cake scene, in older systems than Windows 10. Detention runs normally and has 2 endings, even!
low rated
Steamisbetter:
OR? Isn't Back-sack'n'crack AND Tiny-E the same person?

I'm bit confused about the Steam talk. Are you trying to say something like valve doesn't pay their employees or something?
Post edited August 23, 2021 by ConanTheBald
Steamisbetter: or TinyE
https://media.tenor.com/images/78de19e3bf59f96527e7218f48997865/raw
ConanTheBald: If you people are really serious about the future of CDPR and DRM-free games, then you should start buying their shares on the stockmarket. You can use the very same money you save from not buying their games right now.
Steamisbetter: Besides nobody guarantees us that we can have the majority (if holders hold on to some percentage), or even if we do end up having it, that the now enstrangered and insensitive employees who don't give a crop about old policies and original fanbase, will suddenly agree to our point of view, suggestions, pleas for rerolling back in time & reshifting priorities.
According to https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/regulatory-announcements/current-report-no-36-2021/ :

§ 25.
General Meeting resolutions require a 3/5 majority of votes, except in matters where the
applicable legal regulations require a higher qualified majority of votes.
In addition to that only votes from present (or represented) free float are even considered. And the management/board/related holds about 33%. In practice this may make it approximately impossible for free float to effect changes in such a manner.
(I may be missing something else though which may give more power to shareholders.)
Not a bad idea actually.

Most of the shares are free float: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/shareholders/

The overall amount seems kind of low, as far as shares for at least moderately successful companies go anyways (would not be surprising if it was just GOG, but they are also making AAA titles... I guess the margins for AAA games are not what I though it was).
Post edited August 23, 2021 by Magnitus
Slick_JMista: they really should be careful where they're going with this online only features in their fllagship game. their only selling proposition is DRM free. if they mess with that, then they have no more sales as far as gamers are concerned.
Zrevnur: I think one issue here is that what the management believes to be good for CDPR games (DRMed/online stuff to make more money) is at odds with the old "DRM free" philosophy of GOG. Or rephrasing: I dont think they are doing the "DRM creep" inside GOG because they believe it to be good for GOG but rather because they want to use GOG (esp Galaxy) to support their future online/DRM components of CDPR games.
With every step towards more obvious endorsement of DRM(*) they are testing the waters (for acceptance by customers) and eroding resistance (against acceptance by customers).

(*) see https://www.gog.com/forum/general/piggybacking_off_cyberpunk_2077 for the most recent big step
that's why we have an entire new generation of gamers who see nothing wrong with f2p mechanics since they were raised on it with mobile phone games.
I really wonder if GOG made a smart business decision to focus on Chinese market. Pretty clear China doesn't want games to distracting their drone workers.

Online games will be limited to 3 hours per week (1 hour a day on Friday, 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday) for people under 18. No playing on other days at all. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58384457

Granted not all GOG games are online games, but pretty clear message from the Communist party.

Maybe they would want to limit offline games too, but much harder to limit those I suppose. But wouldn't surprise if they would force GOG Client and such to be mandatory and have same kind of limitations soon for all games.

Edit: And my boycott of GOG has gone well, no money spent on GOG and haven't even bothered visiting the store. I only visit the forums every now and then.
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Leevi
Leevi: I really wonder if GOG made a smart business decision to focus on Chinese market. Pretty clear China doesn't want games to distracting their drone workers.

Online games will be limited to 3 hours per week (1 hour a day on Friday, 1 on Saturday and 1 on Sunday) for people under 18. No playing on other days at all. https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58384457

Granted not all GOG games are online games, but pretty clear message from the Communist party.
I guess making all those censored cards for Gwent specially for the Chinese market was a waste of time after all.
Breja: I guess making all those censored cards for Gwent specially for the Chinese market was a waste of time after all.
Hahaa, those are hilarious edits. Women given more clothes or taken out of picture entirely. Weapons crudely removed. Especially loved the Alan Rickman as Sheriff of Nottingham inspired picture of someone spooning someone to death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhfuuKiTcYQ
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Leevi