It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JaqFrost: Are the notifications supposed to be in the same place where they used to be? I should have six updates, but I can't see any signs of that on the navbar.
It should look something like this
Attachments:
be2-20-1.png (118 Kb)
Barefoot_Monkey: This version also moves the "Barefoot Essentials" menu item from the Account menu into the About menu.
And now I have 2 entries... :)

Thanks for all your work BM.
Post edited May 06, 2017 by Stooner
Barefoot_Monkey: This version also moves the "Barefoot Essentials" menu item from the Account menu into the About menu.
At the moment "Barefoot Essentials" is not moved but copied - at least for me. I have it now in the "about" section and in the "account" section. Also I was wondering if aladiabooks is about to move his script as well since it's a bit odd having both scripts in two different locations. But really great that you fixed thise game notifications as well since GOG is only planning to fix this "eventually" meaning a long waiting time. It seems as if GOG atm does what they want without caring about users of the web site. So glad that there are users like you who still are caring and who are doing what GOG should do. I cannot thank you enough.
MarkoH01: At the moment "Barefoot Essentials" is not moved but copied - at least for me. I have it now in the "about" section and in the "account" section. Also I was wondering if aladiabooks is about to move his script as well since it's a bit odd having both scripts in two different locations. But really great that you fixed thise game notifications as well since GOG is only planning to fix this "eventually" meaning a long waiting time. It seems as if GOG atm does what they want without caring about users of the web site. So glad that there are users like you who still are caring and who are doing what GOG should do. I cannot thank you enough.
I haven't discussed it at all with aladiabooks at all, so I'm not sure what he will do. The copy is intentional because I'm "moving" the menu item in 2 phases - first I'm adding it to About and later on I'll remove it from Account. If you click on the "Barefoot Essentials" in the account menu right now you should get a little popup telling you that it's going to move completely to About. I figured that if I simply moved it all of a sudden then plenty of people wouldn't know where it went.
MarkoH01: At the moment "Barefoot Essentials" is not moved but copied - at least for me. I have it now in the "about" section and in the "account" section. Also I was wondering if aladiabooks is about to move his script as well since it's a bit odd having both scripts in two different locations. But really great that you fixed thise game notifications as well since GOG is only planning to fix this "eventually" meaning a long waiting time. It seems as if GOG atm does what they want without caring about users of the web site. So glad that there are users like you who still are caring and who are doing what GOG should do. I cannot thank you enough.
Barefoot_Monkey: I haven't discussed it at all with aladiabooks at all, so I'm not sure what he will do. The copy is intentional because I'm "moving" the menu item in 2 phases - first I'm adding it to About and later on I'll remove it from Account. If you click on the "Barefoot Essentials" in the account menu right now you should get a little popup telling you that it's going to move completely to About. I figured that if I simply moved it all of a sudden then plenty of people wouldn't know where it went.
Thank you for the explanation. :)
almabrds: Would you mind also adding a link to gogmix page too?
In one of the tabs, for quick access.
Nevermind.

I've edited B.E. and added the button myself, your code is of easy understanding, and I already have some experience in creating/editing programs so it was an simple job. =)

I'm thinking about making one for general discussion, too (there's one for the english language, I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about the portuguese forum).

Edit: I've added the forum link, too.
If anyone wants to do the same, send me PM and I can tell how I did it. It's not complicated.
Attachments:
gogmix.png (5 Kb)
forum.png (14 Kb)
Post edited May 07, 2017 by almabrds
Barefoot_Monkey: Version 2.20 is up for GreaseMonkey users. This release adds a game update notification to the navigation bar, enabled by default but you can disable it in the settings if you prefer not to see it.
Thanks for bringing back game update notifications!
Barefoot_Monkey: It should look something like this
Yeah, that's not showing for me, but I'm using a really old version of Firefox, so maybe that's why. I know I should update my browser, but it's from before Mozilla added the DRM-ed part, and while I know there's a branch without it, I don't know what I'd end up with on my computer if I just do the auto update. =/
Cheers for the recent updates, and for moving BE and making it accessible even without being logged in, makes fiddling/troubleshooting a lot easier. You rock!

Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks

Odd... no sign of any error at all. Is that the regular console from the developer tools (ctrl+shift+K) or the browser console (ctrl+shift+J)? Extension errors appear only in the browser console.
Update - I uninstalled and reinstalled BE, without changing the priority/order it runs, and now the discount percentages display again as should. I don't know why, but it seems that setting BE to run first is what causes them to not show.

JaqFrost: Yeah, that's not showing for me, but I'm using a really old version of Firefox, so maybe that's why. I know I should update my browser, but it's from before Mozilla added the DRM-ed part, and while I know there's a branch without it, I don't know what I'd end up with on my computer if I just do the auto update. =/
If you auto update you'll probably end up with the regular edition. I always download the latest stable EME-free edition from here and install it manually; doesn't take much time to do, and saves me a few headaches.
JaqFrost: Yeah, that's not showing for me, but I'm using a really old version of Firefox, so maybe that's why. I know I should update my browser, but it's from before Mozilla added the DRM-ed part, and while I know there's a branch without it, I don't know what I'd end up with on my computer if I just do the auto update. =/
That would explain it. If you let me know what version of Firefox you're using I can go grab a Portable Firefox of that version and figure out what's preventing it from working for you.

By the way, the newer Firefoxes didn't actually add DRM - they approach they took was to make jails for Content Decryption Modules so that DRM can't touch the rest of your computer. They also added a handy op-out in the options which deletes any DRM modules you might already have and prevent any more from ever being installed (unless you decide to opt in again later). https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-drm#w_opt-out-of-cdm-playback-uninstall-cdms-and-stop-all-cdm-downloads

I think it's worth updating.
I just noticed another issue I'm having since the nav bar and at least the last two or three updated BE versions.

When I click the "quick reply" button, and the quoted post includes any sort of hyperlinks, a tab space gets added to the end of the url of every one of them, which (url) copied from the preview window shows that the tab space is translated to a "%09" (I hope this shows as intended in my post). And clicking on said links from the preview window leads to a 404 - Page not found, of course. It seems to autocorrect itself when posting, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening before.

Is anyone else having this, or am I (again) the odd one?
HypersomniacLive: I just noticed another issue I'm having since the nav bar and at least the last two or three updated BE versions.

When I click the "quick reply" button, and the quoted post includes any sort of hyperlinks, a tab space gets added to the end of the url of every one of them, which (url) copied from the preview window shows that the tab space is translated to a "%09" (I hope this shows as intended in my post). And clicking on said links from the preview window leads to a 404 - Page not found, of course. It seems to autocorrect itself when posting, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't happening before.

Happens to me too - exactly the same behaviour. I'm using the Chrome version.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: I just noticed another issue I'm having since the nav bar and at least the last two or three updated BE versions.

I hadn't noticed that. Thanks for catching it. An extra tab character seems to have snuck in at version 2.18.1. I have it fixed now and will upload shortly.
Barefoot_Monkey:
Can you please add "Hide owned game from "Popular games" on the main page" option?
HypersomniacLive: If you auto update you'll probably end up with the regular edition. I always download the latest stable EME-free edition from [url=https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/ ]here[/url] and install it manually; doesn't take much time to do, and saves me a few headaches.
Thanks for the link! =) Can I install over my current version or do I need to uninstall first?

Barefoot_Monkey: If you let me know what version of Firefox you're using I can go grab a Portable Firefox of that version and figure out what's preventing it from working for you.

<snip>

I think it's worth updating.
Thank you for your help and the link. =) You don't have to go through extra work on my behalf. I'll update Firefox and see if it solves my issue.