It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adaliabooks: That is very odd... do you get any errors along side it not working?

It sounds more like an issue with Greasemonkey, Firefox or some kind of conflict rather than an issue with either script but it's hard to know.
It is very odd indeed. I'm not seeing any errors in the console log etc. but I agree that it appears as some sort of conflict or glitch in greasemonkey perhaps. I'll probably poke at it more when I have time and see if I can figure anything out, as well as testing out new releases of either script and greasemonkey itself.

I just went through my installed extensions list also and culled some that I don't really use or need any more. Hopefully sometime by 2024 all of my addons will be multi-process compatible also and I can benefit from that. :P

Barefoot_Monkey: I agree with Adaliabooks - it definitely sounds like something went wrong with GreaseMonkey itself (or even a different extension) rather than with any of the scripts themselves. The strongest evidence is that Tools->Addons was breaking for you, but nothing that a user script does could cause that because they don't even run on that page. However, the GreaseMonkey extension itself does modify the Addons page.

Something that could provide some insight is the Browser Console. Press Ctrl+Shift+J to open up the Browser Console window. It might be clogged up with messages from other pages, so you can press that little rubbish bin icon in the top-left corner to clear it. Then alt-tab back to a Firefox window with a gog.com page open and refresh the page. Alt-tab back again to the console window and it may now be full of messages. Press Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C to copy everything to your clipboard and then send it to me via chat, and I'll take a look.
Yeah, nothing really shows up in there that looks unusual either. I do have an idea however that I could try, which is to make a new Firefox profile and just install Greasemonkey and the two scripts in it by themselves and see if the problem happens, then add other extensions one at a time to see if I get any conflicts. Scientific method FTW. :) That is of course always a PITA to do time-wise when one does it, but it often does find the culprit or narrow things down.
Post edited April 30, 2017 by skeletonbow
Are the % discounts not showing on the promo pages for anyone else?

skeletonbow: [...] make a new Firefox profile and just install Greasemonkey and the two scripts in it by themselves and see if the problem happens, then add other extensions one at a time to see if I get any conflicts. Scientific method FTW. :) That is of course always a PITA to do time-wise when one does it, but it often does find the culprit or narrow things down.
If you have a recent, working back up of your profile it'd be easier and less time-consuming to restore that, update AF and BE, see if they work as should, then update add-ons one at a time to check what causes the conflict.

That's what I did a while back when none of AF and BE worked after a Greasemonkey update; funnily enough, everything worked just fine with the updated Greasemonkey after restoring the back up profile.
HypersomniacLive: Are the % discounts not showing on the promo pages for anyone else?
Working fine for me even in the "menu pages" (don't know how to call them but I think you know what I mean).
MarkoH01: Working fine for me even in the "menu pages" (don't know how to call them but I think you know what I mean).
I see them on the front page, I see them on the drop-down menus that open a promotion/sale (like the current Star Wars), but they don't show when I open the actual promo pages. Funny thing is, that those discount percentages show on those pages even after I deselect the option (and refresh/reopen them).

I hate troubleshooting...
MarkoH01: Working fine for me even in the "menu pages" (don't know how to call them but I think you know what I mean).
HypersomniacLive: I see them on the front page, I see them on the drop-down menus that open a promotion/sale (like the current Star Wars), but they don't show when I open the actual promo pages. Funny thing is, that those discount percentages show on those pages even after I deselect the option (and refresh/reopen them).

Just wanted to test it a bit but GOG does seem to have connection problems so I'll have to test it later.
HypersomniacLive: I see them on the front page, I see them on the drop-down menus that open a promotion/sale (like the current Star Wars), but they don't show when I open the actual promo pages. Funny thing is, that those discount percentages show on those pages even after I deselect the option (and refresh/reopen them).

The ones in the "Store" menu are from GOG, not from me.

It sounds like there's a Javascript error that's stopping the script before it gets to adding the discount %. Take a look in the browser console - there should be something in there that can give us a clue where it's stopping.
Barefoot_Monkey: The ones in the "Store" menu are from GOG, not from me.

It sounds like there's a Javascript error that's stopping the script before it gets to adding the discount %. Take a look in the browser console - there should be something in there that can give us a clue where it's stopping.
I figured as much, as they showed even after disabling BE.

Attached the console when on the Star Wars promo page. Remain extension to txt.
Attachments:
console.jpg (14 Kb)
HypersomniacLive: I figured as much, as they showed even after disabling BE.

Attached the console when on the Star Wars promo page. Remain extension to txt.
Thanks

Odd... no sign of any error at all. Is that the regular console from the developer tools (ctrl+shift+K) or the browser console (ctrl+shift+J)? Extension errors appear only in the browser console.

No connection errors anymore so I tried it again. Discounts are showing fine even on the promotion/sale page. Also I am able to switch them on or off without any side effects. The discounts are showing even without Greasemonkey enabled in menu and in the "on sale" section. Hopefully Barefoot_Monkey can help you.
Post edited May 06, 2017 by MarkoH01
Barefoot_Monkey: Thanks

Odd... no sign of any error at all. Is that the regular console from the developer tools (ctrl+shift+K) or the browser console (ctrl+shift+J)? Extension errors appear only in the browser console.
Sorry, here's the browser console. Note that the last line/error has an indication that there are 34 repeats.

And thanks, MarkoH01, for checking.

And looks like your connection issues travelled to the south of Europe; I'm being GOGbear'd!
Attachments:
console2.jpg (14 Kb)
Post edited May 06, 2017 by HypersomniacLive
There's a new update coming soon. It restores the old game update notification, which I see that a lot of people had been relying on. I decided to improve on GOG's old approach by having updates and other notifications displayed separately.

Since GOG now has a variety of dropdown menus I decided that it would be a good idea to move away from cluttering the Account menu and move the "Barefoot Essentials" menu item into the About menu, which is a more intuitive place in my opinion. I'll keep the Account menu one there for the time being - it would probably cause confusion if I suddenly removed it - but will add a deprecation notice.
Well I really like both of the two changes you're going to be making so am really looking forward to the update.
high rated
Version 2.20 is up for GreaseMonkey users. This release adds a game update notification to the navigation bar, enabled by default but you can disable it in the settings if you prefer not to see it.

This version also moves the "Barefoot Essentials" menu item from the Account menu into the About menu.

I noticed after putting the update on GreasyFork that the game updates look a bit odd on when using the "GOG Classic" navbar themes. I'll add custom styling for those themes and then release a version 2.20.1 to for GreaseMonkey and Chrome extension users.
high rated
Alright, 2.20.1 is now up and should be arriving soon for all users. This release updates the GOG Classic 2012 and 2014 themes, making the update notifications fit in better with the rest of the theme as well as making some improvements to the restyling of the navigation bar's search function.
Barefoot_Monkey: This release adds a game update notification to the navigation bar, enabled by default but you can disable it in the settings if you prefer not to see it.
Are the notifications supposed to be in the same place where they used to be? I should have six updates, but I can't see any signs of that on the navbar.