It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Perhaps consider adding a configuration option whether to open in new windows or new tabs.
DawEdhel: In what way to open new links is a user preference of currently using browser, which can't be overridden by JS in modern browsers.
Maybe if this script was provided via an extension it could be done, but its completely different story.
Thank you for looking into it. And for keeping BE alive.
DawEdhel: GitHub
Script source

v.3.0.2f
Added links for all forum groups to open new topics of selected group en masse.
DawEdhel: Additional info:
- opening en masse might be blocked by a browser, tell it to allow popups;
- (x out of y) part means x - number of topics that will be opened on clicking (max to 15), y - number of all new relevant topics found;
- during openings oldest topics are prioritized first;
- clicking a link doesn't mark opened topics as read, reload the page to update topics' status.
Thank you for the update. Is there any way to turn off the added line(s) above the forums though? I checked through the options but couldn't see anything. Thanks.
Pajama: Is there any way to turn off the added line(s) above the forums though?
Not sure what do you mean, especially the "above the forums" part.
Are you talking about this latest update or something else?
Pajama: Is there any way to turn off the added line(s) above the forums though?
DawEdhel: Not sure what do you mean, especially the "above the forums" part.
Are you talking about this latest update or something else?
Since I updated to the latest version - 3.0.2f - I'm now seeing a bar in the forums above the forum topics with a clickable link, I've attached a screenshot to explain what I mean. I remember having the "Favourite topics" bar (or something named like that) which was fine but it's the clickable link bit I'd like to hide that so it was like it was before IYSWIM?
Attachments:
example.jpg (15 Kb)
Pajama: Since I updated to the latest version - 3.0.2f - I'm now seeing a bar in the forums above the forum topics with a clickable link
Before updating were you seeing the bar without a link or no bar at all?

Pajama: I remember having the "Favourite topics" bar (or something named like that) which was fine but it's the clickable link bit I'd like to hide that so it was like it was before IYSWIM?
That is the main point of the latest update: to add for each of forum groups out there an individual link to open en masse new topics of selected group, instead of clicking them individually.

Sure, I can add an option to turn them off. But beforehand I'm curious to understand your point of view, why you eagerly want them to be removed. The way I see, these links do not force an user to click on them, yet you still have an option to use it any time. Maybe I'm missing a critical undesirable use-case, and I would like to be enlightened of it.
Pajama: Since I updated to the latest version - 3.0.2f - I'm now seeing a bar in the forums above the forum topics with a clickable link
DawEdhel: Before updating were you seeing the bar without a link or no bar at all?

Pajama: I remember having the "Favourite topics" bar (or something named like that) which was fine but it's the clickable link bit I'd like to hide that so it was like it was before IYSWIM?
DawEdhel: That is the main point of the latest update: to add for each of forum groups out there an individual link to open en masse new topics of selected group, instead of clicking them individually.

Sure, I can add an option to turn them off. But beforehand I'm curious to understand your point of view, why you eagerly want them to be removed. The way I see, these links do not force an user to click on them, yet you still have an option to use it any time. Maybe I'm missing a critical undesirable use-case, and I would like to be enlightened of it.
Personally speaking I find the extended and underlined link too long and thus distracting. As it's not a feature I will use (it opens way too many tabs as I only tend to log on twice a day) I thought I could disable it and go back to how it was in the previous version. To save you work in adding an option I'm happy to revert back to the previous version, it's just that I don't know how to do that.
mrkgnao: Perhaps consider adding a configuration option whether to open in new windows or new tabs.
DawEdhel: In what way to open new links is a user preference of currently using browser, which can't be overridden by JS in modern browsers.
Maybe if this script was provided via an extension it could be done, but its completely different story.
1) Related to my previous query --- are you perhaps able to make it so that ctrl-clicking on the link opens in tabs and not in windows, like it does for simple links?

2) Please consider adding the same kind of links on https://www.gog.com/forum:
(a) to the right of "My favourite topics"
(b) to the right of "Topics I've participated in"
(c) to the right of "Hot topics"
Post edited April 12, 2023 by mrkgnao
Pajama: Personally speaking I find the extended and underlined link too long and thus distracting. As it's not a feature I will use (it opens way too many tabs as I only tend to log on twice a day) I thought I could disable it and go back to how it was in the previous version. To save you work in adding an option I'm happy to revert back to the previous version, it's just that I don't know how to do that.
Understable, I'll add toggling option for this feature next update.
To rollback, download previous version here as any archive in assets section, unpack BE.js file from it and put its content into your extension some way to replace with. Also make sure to disable auto-update for now.

mrkgnao: 1) Related to my previous query --- are you perhaps able to make it so that ctrl-clicking on the link opens in tabs and not in windows, like it does for simple links?

1) Looks like this clicking with modifiers issue is browser-specific one, as in Chrome ctrl/shift clicks do work, while on Firefox do not. Can you tell me which browser you have problem with?

2) Sure, it doesn't look such a hassle. I'll try to add there as well next update.
Post edited April 12, 2023 by DawEdhel
Pajama: Personally speaking I find the extended and underlined link too long and thus distracting. As it's not a feature I will use (it opens way too many tabs as I only tend to log on twice a day) I thought I could disable it and go back to how it was in the previous version. To save you work in adding an option I'm happy to revert back to the previous version, it's just that I don't know how to do that.
DawEdhel: Understable, I'll add toggling option for this feature next update.
To rollback, download previous version here as any archive in assets section, unpack BE.js file from it and put its content into your extension some way to replace with. Also make sure to disable auto-update for now.

mrkgnao: 1) Related to my previous query --- are you perhaps able to make it so that ctrl-clicking on the link opens in tabs and not in windows, like it does for simple links?

DawEdhel: 1) Looks like this clicking with modifiers issue is browser-specific one, as in Chrome ctrl/shift clicks do work, while on Firefox do not. Can you tell me which browser you have problem with?

2) Sure, it doesn't look such a hassle. I'll try to add there as well next update.
Firefox. Thank you.
DawEdhel: Understable, I'll add toggling option for this feature next update.
Thanks for the instructions, will roll back until the next update. Thank you.
@DawEdhel: I just discovered this and noticed that the best way to keep BE updated now is to install this fork. Thank you very much for doing this.

If you take feature requests, I would really love to have the "topics I've participated" section fixed. The sort order seems to be completely random and you can only expand it to a few entrys. If you are searching for something you posted a few weeks ago it is not much help. It may as well be that I misunderstand how this is supposed to work - but I believe it is a bug and would love if this would work in a way that it is actually helpful in finding topics in which you posted recently (sort by post date and expand to show all). No idea if this is even possible though.
Post edited April 13, 2023 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I would really love to have the "topics I've participated" section fixed. The sort order seems to be completely random and you can only expand it to a few entrys. ... would love if this would work in a way that it is actually helpful in finding topics in which you posted recently (sort by post date and expand to show all).
I'll try to look into it for what can be done, but no promises.
MarkoH01: @DawEdhel: I just discovered this and noticed that the best way to keep BE updated now is to install this fork. Thank you very much for doing this.

If you take feature requests, I would really love to have the "topics I've participated" section fixed. The sort order seems to be completely random and you can only expand it to a few entrys. If you are searching for something you posted a few weeks ago it is not much help. It may as well be that I misunderstand how this is supposed to work - but I believe it is a bug and would love if this would work in a way that it is actually helpful in finding topics in which you posted recently (sort by post date and expand to show all). No idea if this is even possible though.
I believe the sort order is based on when you last posted in that thread, whereas the displayed date is that of the last post by anybody in that thread, so it looks jumbled, but I think it's ok.

As for it expanding only to a few entries, that is a long-standing bug. The list stops when it encounters a thread you have posted in that has been deleted by a moderator. I try my best not to post in contentious threads, so I very rarely have posts in deleted threads --- accordingly, my list extends for more than a year into the past (I stopped clicking when I reached the beginning of 2022).
Post edited April 13, 2023 by mrkgnao
MarkoH01: @DawEdhel: I just discovered this and noticed that the best way to keep BE updated now is to install this fork. Thank you very much for doing this.

mrkgnao: I believe the sort order is based on when you last posted in that thread, whereas the displayed date is that of the last post by anybody in that thread, so it looks jumbled, but I think it's ok.

As for it expanding only to a few entries, that is a long-standing bug. The list stops when it encounters a thread you have posted in that has been deleted by a moderator. I try my best not to post in contentious threads, so I very rarely have posts in deleted threads --- accordingly, my list extends for more than a year into the past (I stopped clicking when reached the beginning of 2022).
What you say sounds logical but if this really is the case it should only take me a few clicks to find a thread I posted in today, right? However I was unable to get this very thread listed even though I posted in it today. Something seems to be wrong here.

MarkoH01: I would really love to have the "topics I've participated" section fixed. The sort order seems to be completely random and you can only expand it to a few entrys. ... would love if this would work in a way that it is actually helpful in finding topics in which you posted recently (sort by post date and expand to show all).
DawEdhel: I'll try to look into it for what can be done, but no promises.
Thank you very much, that is all I am asking for :)
Post edited April 13, 2023 by MarkoH01
mrkgnao: I believe the sort order is based on when you last posted in that thread, whereas the displayed date is that of the last post by anybody in that thread, so it looks jumbled, but I think it's ok.

As for it expanding only to a few entries, that is a long-standing bug. The list stops when it encounters a thread you have posted in that has been deleted by a moderator. I try my best not to post in contentious threads, so I very rarely have posts in deleted threads --- accordingly, my list extends for more than a year into the past (I stopped clicking when reached the beginning of 2022).
MarkoH01: What you say sounds logical but if this really is the case it should only take me a few clicks to find a thread I posted in today, right? However I was unable to get this very thread listed even though I posted in it today. Something seems to be wrong here.
So perhaps the issue is not one of sorting, but rather of some threads missing from the list?

Which thread are we talking about, if you're willing to share?