It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

derbyhell: what am i supposse to do?
adamhm: I think you're missing Wine's dependencies. You can get them by installing one of the Wine builds from WineHQ's repositories (install recommended packages too), or if you're using Mint 19.x or Ubuntu 18.04 then you could try installing my common dependencies meta-package & that should install all of the dependencies needed.
Thanks. I'm trying to install the deps meta-package but I'm getting some errors on that as well about the missing
ia32-libs package that seems to be required by it here:

"
Selecting previously unselected package common-libs-meta.
(Reading database ... 176679 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack common-libs-meta.deb ...
Unpacking common-libs-meta (20190118-1) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of common-libs-meta:
common-libs-meta depends on libjpeg8; however:
Package libjpeg8 is not installed.
common-libs-meta depends on libsane1; however:
Package libsane1 is not installed.
common-libs-meta depends on libbz2-1.0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libcggl:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libcurl3-gnutls:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libcurl4:i386 | libcurl3:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libgconf-2-4:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libgtk2.0-0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libjpeg8:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libjson-c3:i386 | libjson-c2:i386 | libjson0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libnss3:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libsane1:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libsdl1.2debian:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libsdl2-2.0-0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libsdl2-image-2.0-0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libvorbisfile3:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on libxft2:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on mesa-vulkan-drivers:i386; however:
common-libs-meta depends on ia32-libs; however:
Package ia32-libs is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package common-libs-meta (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Errors were encountered while processing:
common-libs-meta
"

EDIT: posting full error message, was able to resolve some deps manually but the libs
libjpeg8
libsane1
ia32-libs

do not seem to have any canidate for Debian Stretch here.
Post edited February 01, 2019 by Malahite
Malahite: Thanks. I'm trying to install the deps meta-package but I'm getting some errors on that as well about the missing
ia32-libs package that seems to be required by it here:
EDIT: posting full error message, was able to resolve some deps manually but the libs
libjpeg8
libsane1
ia32-libs

do not seem to have any canidate for Debian Stretch here.
Well, it's intended for Ubuntu 18.04/Mint 19.x so it's not surprising that it doesn't work with Debian due to missing and/or differently named packages... to install Wine's dependencies on Debian I'd recommend adding WineHQ's repositories and installing one of the builds from there.
Malahite: EDIT: posting full error message, was able to resolve some deps manually but the libs
libjpeg8
libsane1
ia32-libs

do not seem to have any candidate for Debian Stretch here.
Those 3 libraries seem to have the following replacements under Debian Stretch / Buster:

libjpeg8 -> libjpeg62-turbo
libsane1 -> libsane
ia32-libs -> lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
bartica1: ia32-libs -> lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
ia32-libs is gone for good. You need various :i386 packages to replace it.
high rated
All wrappers have received another small update with some minor fixes.

flatiron: Are you going to do The Longest Journey? That one is hard to get to work right. Really hard.
tim241: Hey, can you try to make a dead space wine wrapper? :)
Wrappers are now available for Dead Space, The Longest Journey, RiME and Tropico 3.
Post edited February 05, 2019 by adamhm
Nice! 2 out of 4 aint bad!

Thank you sir!
adamhm: All wrappers have received another small update with some minor fixes.

tim241: Hey, can you try to make a dead space wine wrapper? :)
adamhm: Wrappers are now available for Dead Space, The Longest Journey, RiME and Tropico 3.
Thank you!
Post edited February 06, 2019 by tim241
adamhm: All wrappers have received another small update with some minor fixes.

Wrappers are now available for ... The Longest Journey, RiME and Tropico 3.
Fantastic! Thank you, adamhm! :)
high rated
The wrapper for Outlaws has been updated and now uses cnc-ddraw for its main menu & video playback. With this update a virtual desktop is no longer necessary to prevent them from changing the system's display resolution; instead they will now be scaled up to fit the display rather than run in a small window.
Post edited February 15, 2019 by adamhm
adamhm: The wrapper for Outlaws has been updated and now uses cnc-ddraw for its main menu & video playback.
Is it the project used by Proton for scaling?
shmerl: Is it the project used by Proton for scaling?
No, this is just a ddraw wrapper. Proton actually has big issues with scaling up games using ddraw, otherwise I'd have probably just used that instead.
Post edited February 15, 2019 by adamhm
Excuse me for repeating myself from a while back, but with the Witcher 3 70% off (not quite 80% as per the recommendation) I'm again wondering if the game is running flawlessly (or near enough) in Linux.

I loved the first two games (especially the first, which is a true masterpiece) and a friend is raving manically about the third, so I'd definitely want to give it a whirl at some point. Is it ready?
Pangaea666: Excuse me for repeating myself from a while back, but with the Witcher 3 70% off (not quite 80% as per the recommendation) I'm again wondering if the game is running flawlessly (or near enough) in Linux.

I loved the first two games (especially the first, which is a true masterpiece) and a friend is raving manically about the third, so I'd definitely want to give it a whirl at some point. Is it ready?
It is ready. It runs very well, as long as you have latest Vulkan drivers and Wine+dxvk. I didn't use esync for it, and it worked fine.

Feel free to also ask this thread if you need any specific assistance: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2753

If using AMD, I recommend using kernel 5.0-rc7 and Mesa master. There were some important performance gains in amdgpu/radv which help.
Post edited February 18, 2019 by shmerl
shmerl: It is ready. It runs very well, as long as you have latest Vulkan drivers and Wine+dxvk. I didn't use esync for it, and it worked fine.

Feel free to also ask this thread if you need any specific assistance: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2753

If using AMD, I recommend using kernel 5.0-rc7 and Mesa master. There were some important performance gains in amdgpu/radv which help.
Thank you, that sounds really good and it's probably time to pull the trigger :)

Don't have an account over there yet, so hope it's okay I ask here. I have Geforce 770 and picked the 410 drivers from the PPA. Do I need to use the 415s instead? Is it stable and suitable for GTX 770?

I see adamhm has a Witcher 3 script, so I guess that would be safest approach?
Pangaea666: Don't have an account over there yet, so hope it's okay I ask here. I have Geforce 770 and picked the 410 drivers from the PPA. Do I need to use the 415s instead? Is it stable and suitable for GTX 770?

I see adamhm has a Witcher 3 script, so I guess that would be safest approach?
The Witcher 3 runs great on Linux now with Wine+DXVK :) For Nvidia GPUs the 415.x drivers are recommended.