It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Post edited April 16, 2018 by wally1989
wally1989: (…)
With only one answer four years later, I understand why dscharrer don’t think this issue should have high priority.

dscharrer is usually quite reactive when innoextract needs to evolve in some way, but this is not something that happens every month ;)
Post edited April 16, 2018 by wally1989
Hello,

I have been trying to install Deus Ex GOTY using your wrapper. However, the .sh file asks for:
setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.3.1)_(17719).exe

Yet the only version available for download is:
setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.3.1)_(17719)_(g).exe

If the difference is not immediately apparent, there is an underscore followed by a "g" in parentheses between "(17719)" and ".exe".

Renaming the file to remove the "_(g)" results in the following:
setup_deus_ex_goty_1.112fm(revision_1.3.1)_(17719).exe: FAILED
sha256sum: WARNING: 1 computed checksum did NOT match

Does anyone have a solution? In the meantime, I'll be running the game with Wine (albeit reluctantly).
Thanks in advance, and sorry for reposting this in this thread (original post was in the "Deus Ex for Linux" thread)

EDIT: I suppose you could say I... never asked for this error *distant badum tss*
Post edited April 21, 2018 by SirLeedle
SirLeedle: Does anyone have a solution? In the meantime, I'll be running the game with Wine (albeit reluctantly).
Thanks in advance, and sorry for reposting this in this thread (original post was in the "Deus Ex for Linux" thread)
You've downloaded the Galaxy installer; my script requires the "classic" installer. Unfortunately GOG don't make it obvious that there are two sets of installers so it's easy to miss if you don't already know about them. It's poor design & catches people out quite regularly :/

Anyway you can access the download links for the "classic" installers by clicking "More" and selecting the "Classic Installers" option from the menu.
SirLeedle: Does anyone have a solution? In the meantime, I'll be running the game with Wine (albeit reluctantly).
adamhm: You've downloaded the Galaxy installer; my script requires the "classic" installer. Unfortunately GOG don't make it obvious that there are two sets of installers so it's easy to miss if you don't already know about them. It's poor design & catches people out quite regularly :/

Anyway you can access the download links for the "classic" installers by clicking "More" and selecting the "Classic Installers" option from the menu.
Thank you very much! This solved it.
SirLeedle: EDIT: I suppose you could say I... never asked for this error *distant badum tss*
Haha. Nice. I like that. Good chuckle.
adamhm: System Shock 2 was updated with a new installer which uses the new packaging method, which means that for now the System Shock 2 wrapper does not work with the latest installer - if you need it you should contact support and ask for the old installer.

TheCoinGuy: Now...with all of that said...I ran into a problem installing Risen. When I start the game, the little graphic picture in the middle of the screen pops up as usual...then it goes full screen and BLACK. The music continues to play, it doesn't seem like the game is frozen, but it stays with a black screen.
adamhm: Unfortunately from my tests so far it looks like Risen doesn't get along with Intel graphics :( When I tested it on my system with Intel graphics I found that it crashes on startup unless a virtual desktop is used, but then you have limited camera/mouse movement ingame... and the usual tricks to correct that issue didn't work for it on that system.

TheCoinGuy: Adam are there any wrappers you're currently working on? I've adjusted my wishlist a bit to more reflect the wrappers you've already made(especially the STALKER and FALLOUT series). I'm not sure if you take suggestions, or have the time for it...but TRON 2.0 looks to be a good candidate based on the fact you've already made wrappers for the FEAR series.
adamhm: I have lots planned, and about a dozen or so at various stages of completion :)
Sorry for the late reply adam, spring fever...for real. Just got over it a couple of days ago. I reinstalled SS2 with the updated wrapper, it runs perfect on Ubuntu 16.04(NUC w/ Intel HD 640 Iris). This time I didn't just install it and walk around for a minute....I played it for an hour and I didn't run into a single issue. My opinion? Runs smooth as butter.

Thanks for the headsup on Risen, I knew going in that I might run into a problem going with just Intel HD graphics, but for me....the NUC and I just fit together perfectly....so it if doesn't work...it doesn't work. No big deal. I have a dozen games installed as it is. Smile.

Anyway...thanks for all the help.

TCG
Post edited April 23, 2018 by TheCoinGuy
Great work as always from Adamhm. Thank you.
high rated
All wrappers have been updated again with new build scripts and winewrap.shlib. There have been quite a few changes (and a fix for the display resolution check/restore functions on certain setups), so please let me know if you run into any issues.

Mafia 2's wrapper now uses Wine 3.7 & shadows should be working properly now :)
Post edited May 08, 2018 by adamhm
immi101: <snip>
I just noticed that Jazz Jackrabbit 2+'s installer was silently updated at some point using the new installer scheme, and I've run into a small bug while trying to update the script for it: gogextract can't handle certain files properly because their filenames contain apostrophes. e.g. "70's grove.j2l" gets truncated at the apostrophe & extracts as "70"
Post edited May 07, 2018 by adamhm
high rated
The JJ2+ wrapper has now been updated to use the new installer :)
immi101: <snip>
adamhm: I just noticed that Jazz Jackrabbit 2+'s installer was silently updated at some point using the new installer scheme, and I've run into a small bug while trying to update the script for it: gogextract can't handle certain files properly because their filenames contain apostrophes. e.g. "70's grove.j2l" gets truncated at the apostrophe & extracts as "70"
i can see why that wouldn't work.
any chance you could take a look in the installer script if the apostrophes are in any way escaped, like

'70\'s grove.j2l'
or if they are just stored as plain apostrophes in a string enclosed in apostrophes ? which would be rather annoying :p
Post edited May 08, 2018 by immi101
immi101: i can see why that wouldn't work.
any chance you could take a look in the installer script if the apostrophes are in any way escaped, like

'70\'s grove.j2l'
immi101: or if they are just stored as plain apostrophes in a string enclosed in apostrophes ? which would be rather annoying :p
It's like this:

'70''s grove.j2l'
high rated
The wrapper for Deus Ex has been updated & wrappers for Deus Ex: Revision and XIII are now available.

Revision requires the Deus Ex wrapper; you can either run its build script alongside the Deus Ex wrapper directory or just put the files for both wrappers together & the Revision installer will run the Deus Ex wrapper build script first.