It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Survival of the sweetest.

Long Live the Queen, a complex political thriller full of violence, hate, and tough choices, masked by deceptively cute visuals, is available on GOG.com for only $9.99.

[url=http://www.gog.com/game/long_live_the_queen][/url]Long Live the Queen is a brutal game. Your heroine will try to escape the many dangers awaiting a young heiress to the throne, and will often fail, ending up dead, leaving the kingdom at mercy of it's many enemies. Luckily, you'll be able to back up on your mistakes, probably just to witness another death of the princess. When you're but a child, suddenly burdened by the crushing weight of responsibility, every little decision you make might prove to be your last. This complex and challenging royalty sim will crush your hopes many times, before you manage to protect the princess until the day of her coronation. There are secret plots at play, invaders at the gates, dark magical forces hiding in plain sight, assassins lurking in the shadows, and way too many suitors trying to get their hands on the young heiress' heritage. With non-linear gameplay, and great depth this cute-looking title will take even the most experienced gamer by surprise!

If you thought that the life of a princess is full of bliss, ballroom dancing, cotton candy, and ponies, it's about time you faced the terrifying truth in Long Live the Queen, for only $9.99 on GOG.com.
Now imagine if that game REALLY HAD sexual content.

The shitstorm would've been registered by Curiosity's sensors.
Bought the game. Hurray for free witcher gift code. ^^
I'll have to think about who I want to send the gift to. Oh and I'll read the 9 pages full of posts as well soon.
this game is REALLY hard! but very addictive at the same time, I don't quite understand it (I'm the type who usually stops playing any game in which I die more than once in one afternoon :)

what's really great is that with each new game you know a little more about the mechanics so you can actually do better than the previous time, and that's awesome!

also, I've introduced it to my younger brother, and his reactions were (in this order):
- what the hell is that?
- (after a couple of minutes) this game is horrible, my cousin just died :((
- (after another couple of minutes) ok, now I died... that was silly, I'm gonna play again...

there you have it ;)
Kunovski: this game is REALLY hard! but very addictive at the same time, I don't quite understand it (I'm the type who usually stops playing any game in which I die more than once in one afternoon :)

what's really great is that with each new game you know a little more about the mechanics so you can actually do better than the previous time, and that's awesome!

also, I've introduced it to my younger brother, and his reactions were (in this order):
- what the hell is that?
- (after a couple of minutes) this game is horrible, my cousin just died :((
- (after another couple of minutes) ok, now I died... that was silly, I'm gonna play again...

there you have it ;)
I hink you just got me there. I fear I'll end up buying it.
Hicks233: Got this when it was originally released and had a blast :)

It's a deceptive little game but with solid mechanics and a ruthless streak running through it it is a real treat. A good amount of replayability as well. Would be great to see Kara No Shojo drm free on gog as well. Some really good mechanics in that also.
Nudiustertian: I was wondering about this. I played the demo and from what I've gathered the same events basically happen the same way, so it seems that all you do is play the game over and over again trial and error until you figure out how to win (not quite Dragon's Lair style, but close). Is there any replayability beyond that once you figure it out?
There are a number of different ways that you can win, (admittedly there are a lot more ways that you can loose!) each favouring a particular play style. Diplomatic/Magic/Millitary. There are branching scenarios that you can discover as well, think of them as mini-stories and mysteries that are uncovered by taking different routes and approaches.

I found a lot of the replayability came from trying out different approaches, trying to be diplomatic and seeing how far I could get or accepting an invitation despite not being a socially skilled princess - just seeing how far I could progress. If I remember rightly there are some unavoidable conflicts but there are multiple ways to get past them. It's been quite a while since I last played the game. It's great to see it getting a wider release though :)

I've seen Zafehouse Diaries mentioned as being similar in terms of mechanics and it's a pretty accurate comparison. Both games have a strong theme of experimenting and seeing how long you can last.

As I mentioned before it's also very much worth playing Kara No Shojo for the varying paths and the addition of investigation mechanics. Might want to see if there is a possibility of a drm free release though as the version available from Mangagamer had some unpleasant drm attached to it.

Hope you enjoy Long Live the Queen and have the chance to play Kara No Shojo :)
I decided my first weekend to talk to my dad. Well that was a lot of time wasted. Psh.

I am curious what will happen.
Post edited October 15, 2013 by Senteria
I was playing the game a bit earlier. The game definitely has a dark sense of humor, but I like it. I was playing it with my wife who loves this art style and doesn't mind complex games like this. It didn't take long for either of us to figure it out, but we also didn't get too far, but it seems to be quite fun. We already dodged death a couple of times XD
Post edited October 15, 2013 by JinseiNGC224
Sweet, bought, thanks, more plz! ;)
JinseiNGC224: I was playing the game a bit earlier. The game definitely has a dark sense of humor, but I like it. I was playing it with my wife who loves this art style and doesn't mind complex games like this. It didn't take long for either of us to figure it out, but we also didn't get too far, but it seems to be quite fun. We already dodged death a couple of times XD
I am usually the person trying to save often to prevent anything, but on the other hand, I kind of feel like if I die, I could do things differently ^^
JinseiNGC224: I was playing the game a bit earlier. The game definitely has a dark sense of humor, but I like it. I was playing it with my wife who loves this art style and doesn't mind complex games like this. It didn't take long for either of us to figure it out, but we also didn't get too far, but it seems to be quite fun. We already dodged death a couple of times XD
Senteria: I am usually the person trying to save often to prevent anything, but on the other hand, I kind of feel like if I die, I could do things differently ^^
Sometimes risks are the best thing to do...but I still save regardless. I'm a save-o-holic, and some games that give you perks or points at the end of it for saving little or not at all I tend to ignore and just save anyway.

I'm also not the kind of person who will do any sort of permadeath or hardcore/iron man mode of a game. I like to relish my conquests and achievements, even if not as grand as the top tier players.

The only game in the history of ever gaming for me where I actually mastered it to the extreme was Goldeneye 007 on N64...I played that game like no other and got so good that I didn't only unlock and defeat everything, I was able to go through the hardest difficulty mode (where the enemies could one-shot you), never got hit once, defeated every objective, one-shotting every enemy in the head, at distance, with a silenced pistol, and still finishing in record time. That said though, it took me about a year to get that good and died (and saved) more times than I could count, and I've never played any game like that since N64 was still on store shelves.

Ah the good old days :)

I wonder what game I should play like this next, if I ever do get that chance...
Senteria: I am usually the person trying to save often to prevent anything, but on the other hand, I kind of feel like if I die, I could do things differently ^^
JinseiNGC224: Sometimes risks are the best thing to do...but I still save regardless. I'm a save-o-holic, and some games that give you perks or points at the end of it for saving little or not at all I tend to ignore and just save anyway.

I'm also not the kind of person who will do any sort of permadeath or hardcore/iron man mode of a game. I like to relish my conquests and achievements, even if not as grand as the top tier players.

The only game in the history of ever gaming for me where I actually mastered it to the extreme was Goldeneye 007 on N64...I played that game like no other and got so good that I didn't only unlock and defeat everything, I was able to go through the hardest difficulty mode (where the enemies could one-shot you), never got hit once, defeated every objective, one-shotting every enemy in the head, at distance, with a silenced pistol, and still finishing in record time. That said though, it took me about a year to get that good and died (and saved) more times than I could count, and I've never played any game like that since N64 was still on store shelves.

I wonder what game I should play like this next, if I ever do get that chance...
Wow nice one. I am failing everything in this game. Maybe my perceptive of what's important to her is bad.
JinseiNGC224: Sometimes risks are the best thing to do...but I still save regardless. I'm a save-o-holic, and some games that give you perks or points at the end of it for saving little or not at all I tend to ignore and just save anyway.

Man, I loved Goldeneye 64. Is there any way to buy that game nowadays, like through the Wii Store or anything? Worst case, I'll pick it up at one of the retro game shops in my area, but I'd like to avoid that. =\

On topic, this game looks and sounds really neat, I'll pick this one up on Friday.

SCPM: Man, I loved Goldeneye 64. Is there any way to buy that game nowadays, like through the Wii Store or anything? Worst case, I'll pick it up at one of the retro game shops in my area, but I'd like to avoid that. =\

On topic, this game looks and sounds really neat, I'll pick this one up on Friday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/N64-Nintendo-64-James-Bond-007-Goldeneye-Video-Game-Cartridge-/390677128644?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5af62be5c4

And if your a psycho collector like me who loves new, sealed things:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-64-007-Goldeneye-N64-Sealed-Brand-New-/281186344836?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4178031f84

There's a spew of others there as well.
keeveek: Now imagine if that game REALLY HAD sexual content.

The shitstorm would've been registered by Curiosity's sensors.
Hey - so long as all of the killing-, death-, and mayhem-laden games aren't pulled from the shelves...
While I admit that I don't find the art style to be particularly appealing, I do like the idea of a Princess Maker-like game (even though Princess Maker 2 didn't exactly have a great art style either.....ugh, that butler....thing gives me the creeps -_-). Overall, I am very pleasantly surprised to see a game like this on GOG; I'll definitely check it out at some point.

I wonder if we will see other titles from Hanako Games on GOG as well. I hear Royal Trap is kind of interesting.