It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Check our Weekly Sale full of games with great characters and immersive gameplay.
Exemplary titles: Control Ultimate Edition (-70%), Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (-75%), Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (-90%)
End date: 14th March 2022, 2 PM UTC
high rated
• $0.97 • -86% • Tomb Raider: Legend
• $0.97 • -86% • Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
• $0.98 • -89% • Tomb Raider: Anniversary
• $0.98 • -89% • Tomb Raider: Underworld
• $1.39 • -86% • Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation + Chronicles
• $1.99 • -80% • Aquaria
• $1.99 • -80% • Tomb Raider 1+2+3
• $2.24 • -85% • Dex
• $2.49 • -75% • The Cat Lady
• $2.99 • -70% • Beyond Good and Evil
• $2.99 • -70% • Venetica - Gold Edition
• $2.99 • -80% • Whispers of a Machine
• $3.74 • -75% • Lorelai
• $3.79 • -80% • Whispers of a Machine Blue Edition
• $3.89 • -70% • Sound of Drop - fall into poison -
• $3.99 • -60% • Ne no Kami - The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto Part 2
• $3.99 • -60% • Ne no Kami: The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto
• $3.99 • -80% • Tomb Raider GOTY
• $3.99 • -80% • Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York
• $4.99 • -75% • Apsulov: End of Gods
• $4.99 • -50% • Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
• $4.99 • -80% • Vampire: The Masquerade Coteries of New York Deluxe Edition
• $5.09 • -66% • Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest
• $5.19 • -60% • Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York
• $5.99 • -60% • In Other Waters
• $5.99 • -70% • Solstice
• $5.99 • -60% • The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters
• $6.49 • -50% • Highway Blossoms
• $6.79 • -66% • Iconoclasts
• $6.99 • -65% • Little Misfortune
• $6.99 • -65% • SteamWorld Dig 2
• $7.49 • -50% • Eliza
• $7.49 • -75% • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
• $7.99 • -60% • Cinders
• $7.99 • -60% • Decay of Logos
• $7.99 • -60% • Forgotton Anne
• $7.99 • -60% • Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York - Deluxe Edition
• $8.99 • -40% • Kathy Rain: Directors Cut
• $8.99 • -70% • Solstice - Digital Collector's Edition
• $9.99 • -75% • A Plague Tale: Innocence
• $9.99 • -75% • Indivisible
• $9.99 • -50% • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
• $9.99 • -50% • Song of Farca
• $10.04 • -33% • Heart of the Woods
• $10.49 • -65% • Little Misfortune Fancy Edition
• $10.49 • -30% • Overboard!
• $10.49 • -30% • VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
• $10.49 • -30% • fault - milestone one
• $10.49 • -30% • fault - milestone two side:above
• $11.99 • -70% • Control Ultimate Edition
• $12.49 • -50% • Heaven's Vault
• $12.99 • -35% • CrossCode
• $12.99 • -35% • Paradise Killer
• $13.49 • -55% • Othercide
• $13.99 • -30% • Fatal Twelve
• $14.99 • -50% • Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition
• $15.29 • -15% • Firegirl: Hack 'n Splash Rescue
• $15.29 • -10% • Hedon Bloodrite
• $15.99 • -20% • White Shadows
• $20.10 • -40% • Othercide + OST + Artbook Bundle
• $20.99 • -30% • River City Girls
• $36.91 • -30% • Fatal Twelve Complete Collection
Great discount for Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, a title that proves that games can be pieces of art.
low rated
I saw overboard and thought it was the old PS1 game with pirate ships.

Coincidentally there was a pirate ship game released on gog just now.
https://www.gog.com/game/buccaneers

17:10
Post edited March 08, 2022 by §pec†re
Why not April Ryan or Kate Walker? The Longest Journey or Syberia deserve be here.
low rated
I noticed that in the last few years that GOG has started to make sales with titles/premises of "female leads," it has never once featured a similar sale title/premise with anything akin to "male leads" as the core theme of the sale.

This is therefore a covert form of sexism on GOG's part, whereby femaleness in the lead is something that GOG deems worthy of celebration, but yet maleness in the lead is not something that GOG deems worthy of celebration.

To be clear: I am not saying it's a bad thing to have "female leads" as the premise of some sales.

Rather, my point is that GOG is upholding a sexist double standard since GOG forbids males from receiving equal treatment by refusing ever to let them have their own sales in which "male leads" is the sale's theme.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I noticed that in the last few years that GOG has started to make sales with titles/premises of "female leads," it has never once featured a similar sale title/premise with anything akin to "male leads" as the core theme of the sale.

This is therefore a covert form of sexism on GOG's part, whereby femaleness in the lead is something that GOG deems worthy of celebration, but yet maleness in the lead is not something that GOG deems worthy of celebration.

To be clear: I am not saying it's a bad thing to have "female leads" as the premise of some sales.

Rather, my point is that GOG is upholding a sexist double standard since GOG forbids males from receiving equal treatment by refusing ever to let them have their own sales in which "male leads" is the sale's theme.
There's a good reason for that.

Male leads are incredibly common, to the point where they're effectively the default. If you take a look at a random game, the game will most likely have a male lead. Hence, they don't need to be featured specially in a sale.

On the other hand, female leads are significantly less common, and therefore it makes more sense to feature them.

To put it another way, male leads are effectively "ordinary", making it not interesting enough to build a sale around. On the other hand, female leads are infrequent enough that one can build an interesting sale around that concept.

If there's sexism, it's on the part of game developers for putting in so many male leads and so few female leads.

Edit: Or, to put it another way, a sale featuring games with male leads would be a lot like a sale featuring non-strategy games; it's not really enough of a theme to build a sale around.
Post edited March 07, 2022 by dtgreene
Ancient-Red-Dragon: I noticed that in the last few years that GOG has started to make sales with titles/premises of "female leads," it has never once featured a similar sale title/premise with anything akin to "male leads" as the core theme of the sale.

Well, tomorrow is march 8, so it's expected.

And there were (and still are) sales with male protagonists.
low rated
Oh boy, GOG really likes to set off the manchildren. I'm convinced the folks in the GOG office have a good time laughing at the comments whenever they have a sale like this.
M3troid: And there were (and still are) sales with male protagonists.
I think @Ancient-Red-Dragon 's point is that a - nowadays - rather common feature of a game like that of a female lead is specifically celebrated when there has - at least in my memory - never been a sale celebrating male leads.
Where is Samus Aran, GOG? Wh...

Oh, wait. That's a Nintendo game. Nevermind...

:(
low rated
Wolfram_von_Thal: I think @Ancient-Red-Dragon 's point is that a - nowadays - rather common feature of a game like that of a female lead is specifically celebrated when there has - at least in my memory - never been a sale celebrating male leads.
The thing that pops up in my mind at this point is the huge fuzz our bubble of local forum extremists kicked up when Numenera was released because the male protagonist did not conform to their accepted choice of male character (that is, he was not a bald space marine-typed muscle monster). Even if GOG did a male lead sale (which I think would be a bit unfocused because it's too close to "most of what is not in this sale") it would just be a case of shifting goal posts because it's wrong kind of maleness in the sale.

That aside and trying to get back on topic, I'm strongly considering Control. I need something to distract me.
low rated
Wolfram_von_Thal: I think @Ancient-Red-Dragon 's point is that a - nowadays - rather common feature of a game like that of a female lead is specifically celebrated when there has - at least in my memory - never been a sale celebrating male leads.
BitMaster_1980: The thing that pops up in my mind at this point is the huge fuzz our bubble of local forum extremists kicked up when Numenera was released because the male protagonist did not conform to their accepted choice of male character (that is, he was not a bald space marine-typed muscle monster). Even if GOG did a male lead sale (which I think would be a bit unfocused because it's too close to "most of what is not in this sale") it would just be a case of shifting goal posts because it's wrong kind of maleness in the sale.

That aside and trying to get back on topic, I'm strongly considering Control. I need something to distract me.
I would say a game sale focused on men would be good if they get one built around''different kind of masculine protagonists'' or ''stand out male protagonists'' As there is loads of games that stand out from the crowd of other male protagonist focused games that would be good to start doing sales on
low rated

dtgreene: There's a good reason for that.

Male leads are incredibly common, to the point where they're effectively the default. If you take a look at a random game, the game will most likely have a male lead. Hence, they don't need to be featured specially in a sale.

On the other hand, female leads are significantly less common, and therefore it makes more sense to feature them.

To put it another way, male leads are effectively "ordinary", making it not interesting enough to build a sale around. On the other hand, female leads are infrequent enough that one can build an interesting sale around that concept.

If there's sexism, it's on the part of game developers for putting in so many male leads and so few female leads.

Edit: Or, to put it another way, a sale featuring games with male leads would be a lot like a sale featuring non-strategy games; it's not really enough of a theme to build a sale around.
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Most games don't have leads because most games don't even have a story. But if you focus on action games or shooters than yeah you'll find male leads but most of them are uninteresting and stale. I would argue that female leads now take the bulk of interesting characters in video are females. I would like like to see more interesting characters in general.
low rated

Shut up, bum. Saying "What about men" is akin to yelling "white racism", so go back to your hole. Don't make an issue when the issue is you.
M3troid: And there were (and still are) sales with male protagonists.
It's literally every other sales without female leads.
dtgreene: There's a good reason for that.

Magmarock: I'm going to have to disagree with this. Most games don't have leads because most games don't even have a story. But if you focus on action games or shooters than yeah you'll find male leads but most of them are uninteresting and stale. I would argue that female leads now take the bulk of interesting characters in video are females. I would like like to see more interesting characters in general.
So, Duke Nukem 3D has no leads because there is no story?

Seriously people, stop trying to be responsible adults when your view of the world is so narrow...
Post edited March 07, 2022 by Zoidberg