It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
strange-benhur: why not just call it Atomic Maiden?
Or better yet: Nukem' Maiden! :D
XYCat: that bunch of metal idiots actually won?
No. It's just devs didn't want to risk going to court with the game due to release in a couple of months. Because in that case more than several months hearing would mean delay release of the game.
Dalthnock: So it's true.

Iron Maiden have become retarded too.

Why does everyone keep drinking tap water? Why?
It's not water. It's despair of going into oblivion.
Post edited July 12, 2019 by LootHunter

lol, pretty impressive all things considered
Doubt they won exactly. I assume 3Drealms just weighed the pros and cons of a expensive lawsuit.
Dalthnock: So it's true.

Iron Maiden have become retarded too.

Why does everyone keep drinking tap water? Why?
LootHunter: It's not water. It's despair of going into oblivion.
There's something to be said about walking gracefully into the sunset when the time comes.

What's the point of tarnishing an otherwise impeccable legacy when you only have a handful of years left, Angus Young? Was it worth shitting on Brian Johnson like that after nearly 40 years? Did you get another cool million to put on top of the other 50 you already have, you snivelling piece of... sorry, wrong retarded band.

Carry on.

lol, pretty impressive all things considered
SSolomon: Doubt they won exactly. I assume 3Drealms just weighed the pros and cons of a expensive lawsuit.
That means they won by default, forcing the change of the name and once again demonstrating their idiocy.
I wonder if the band even owns the band or if they're just property / employees of some big label.
Green_Shade: I wonder if the band even owns the band or if they're just property / employees of some big label.
The band owns their trademark under Iron Maiden Holdings Ltd.
Just a note in case anyone is interested:

3DRealms is also offering a big box version of the game with some additional goodies on their site for $60 + delivery.

Link.

EDIT:
Here is what it contains; straight from the site:

"A unique high-quality '90s style Big Box release.
This edition includes a Bowling Bomb-shaped USB Drive loaded with a DRM-Free version of the game and Soundtrack, a poster, a keycard based on the ones Shelly finds in-game, a making-of booklet, a Bowling Bomb sticker set, and of course Ion Fury, all for $59.99."

EDIT2:
Decided to do it and my Big Box edition pre-order is in. I think that is my first ever :P
Post edited July 13, 2019 by idbeholdME
Green_Shade: I wonder if the band even owns the band or if they're just property / employees of some big label.
TheMonkofDestiny: The band owns their trademark under Iron Maiden Holdings Ltd.
Oh good, so it is proper to blame them personally for it.
PromZA: Is there any justification for the increase?
TheMonkofDestiny: The "scope has doubled", which I guess means they've put more content into the game than initially planned when it first released in dev/early access.
If that's the case then good. I just hate it when things are made more expensive just because they come out of development. Older stuff shouldn't cost more than newer stuff.

fortune_p_dawg: yes, actually, just checked and installed the preview campaign and the demo - both still maiden.
guppy44: Just downloaded offline installers for each. Thanks for checking. :)
I have a sneaky suspicion there will be a mod to change references from 'fury' back to 'maiden'.
low rated
Yeshu: Last time I checked iron maiden is a name of a medieval torture device. Since when the band claimed monopoly on it?
Plokite_Wolf: Actually, a fake torture device imagined in the 1800s to make up hoaxes around the Middle Ages.

Yeshu: You would be surprised on how many backstage deals go on behind the artists back.
Plokite_Wolf: With this much money going around those deals?
1. It was still made up BEFORE the band and whomever did so likely has more rights to the name/any suits.

2. With the amount of drugs some them take it might be possible.

Plokite_Wolf: A $2 million lawsuit without them knowing? Yeah right.
CharlesGrey: Is that a lot of money to a major publisher? Seems like they keep dishing out such lawsuits all the time. But I don't really know the details of this particular case.

Just saw this in an online article: "The band’s holding company, Iron Maiden Holdings, is looking for $2 million in damages... "

... Which makes me wonder: What damages are they even talking about? It's not like this game is even directly competing with Iron Maiden and the products they are selling. Unless they released any video games lately.
Lol, maybe they are making a game like KISS made years back?
Spectre: As I said in the other thread this is the perfect opportunity to drop the millennial main character and call the game Iron Lady instead.
Then we could discuss UK politics to some extent under the guise of a new game...brilliant.jpg
Post edited July 12, 2019 by GameRager
Green_Shade: Oh good, so it is proper to blame them personally for it.
Not really. Obviously the band themselves don't personally oversee such a thing but a team of lawyers and employees do.

I mean, if you want to hate the band, that's your buisness and I or anyone else would be an ass to try to stop you - but in this case it really does seem like the legal side jumped on the lawsuit choo-choo vs. someone in the band spending time out of their day to land on a video game's page and go "Well damn, people might think we made this and we won't get the money for it!"

It's not unlike those people buying one letter off URLs and other crud tactics that are clearly done to try and make quick cash when they know the entity behind the genuine article is flush with the moolah. Unfortunately the legal team made way too many assumptions against the game in this particular example, since it seems far fetched to think Voidpoint set out to stick it up Iron Maiden's tailpipe by siphoning what is ultimately going to amount to a drop in the bucket as far as total sales are concerned away from any money the band makes through their endeavors.
There's already a Furi game in the catalogue. This is going to cause confusion. Better rename.
All aboard the shotgun train!
There is no way the band had any actual chance of winning this case. A play on words is not copyright infringment, nor is there even a scintila of evidence anything in the game is based on Eddie. Is Iron Maiden now the sole proprieter of those words?? Do history textbooks dealing with torture now have to pay residuals to the band?? Ridiculous nonsense, and makes me lose all respect for the band.