It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
Anime-BlackWolf: Is the last Ion Maiden build still downloadable at this moment? I would like to get that one, too.
fortune_p_dawg: dunno, the download page says "ion fury" but the .exe is till named "ion maiden."
Thanks! I'll give it a try. Sounds still "old" enough to me... :)
fortune_p_dawg: first thing i thought as well.
Anime-BlackWolf: Is the last Ion Maiden build still downloadable at this moment? I would like to get that one, too.
yes, actually, just checked and installed the preview campaign and the demo - both still maiden.
fortune_p_dawg: dunno, the download page says "ion fury" but the .exe is till named "ion maiden."
Anime-BlackWolf: Thanks! I'll give it a try. Sounds still "old" enough to me... :)
The last changelog entry is from April 2018, hope that helps.
Edit: Ninja'd :P
Post edited July 11, 2019 by NuffCatnip
GOG.com: to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band
What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
It's good they changed the name. The last thing they should want is having people trying to Google their game and ending up with search results on some music band instead!

;)
low rated
They should have renamed to Iron Maiden and sued those old geezers for prior art on the torture device by Bram Stoker
fronzelneekburm: What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
Not enough!
merin: For me the game now costs 19.99 eur (22.3 usd). So will the price increase to 24.99 usd, or 24.99 eur?
This is one of those situations where you pay different amounts when you purchase in different currencies. If you have USDs set, you pay $19.99. If you have Euros set, you pay €19.99. When GOG still had the Fair Price Package, this game was included in the program and you'd receive the difference back.

I have no doubt the same "playing with money" will take place after the price change.

Still didn't prevent me from buying the game, though.
TheMonkofDestiny: I don't blame Iron Maiden for this. Their lawyers and whoever watches over their trademarks - yes, but not the band themselves.
This. I'd be highly surprised if any of the band members are involved in such decisions. I doubt they're even aware of the existence of this game. Probably just a bunch of lawyers with nothing better to do, working for the band's current publisher.
fronzelneekburm: What do you call a thousand lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A good start.
Cthulhu doesn't want 'em down there. Besides, we're already dumping enough of our trash into the sea.

Maybe they could be refined into rocket fuel or something like that?
Post edited July 11, 2019 by CharlesGrey
CharlesGrey: This. I'd be highly surprised if any of the band members are involved in such decisions. I doubt they're even aware of the existence of this game. Probably just a bunch of lawyers with nothing better to do, working for the band's current publisher
A $2 million lawsuit without them knowing? Yeah right.
Last time I checked iron maiden is a name of a medieval torture device. Since when the band claimed monopoly on it?
CharlesGrey: This. I'd be highly surprised if any of the band members are involved in such decisions. I doubt they're even aware of the existence of this game. Probably just a bunch of lawyers with nothing better to do, working for the band's current publisher
Plokite_Wolf: A $2 million lawsuit without them knowing? Yeah right.
You would be surprised on how many backstage deals go on behind the artists back.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by Yeshu
Yeshu: Last time I checked iron maiden is a name of a medieval torture device. Since when the band claimed monopoly on it?
Actually, a fake torture device imagined in the 1800s to make up hoaxes around the Middle Ages.

Plokite_Wolf: A $2 million lawsuit without them knowing? Yeah right.
Yeshu: You would be surprised on how many backstage deals go on behind the artists back.
With this much money going around those deals?
Post edited July 11, 2019 by Plokite_Wolf
why not just call it Atomic Maiden?
strange-benhur: why not just call it Atomic Maiden?
Because an ion is a chemical state, not a nuclear one. :D
fortune_p_dawg: yes, actually, just checked and installed the preview campaign and the demo - both still maiden.
Just downloaded offline installers for each. Thanks for checking. :)