It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
Pop.

And looking forward to play this beauty :)
high rated
Absolute rubbish, there is absolutely no "brand confusion" between Ion Maiden the game and Iron Maiden the band and Iron Maiden the torture device.
low rated
Hopefully, nothing is named with something close sounding as to Ion Fury.

Hey guys, what about Ion Storm? XP

Joking apart, is this any good?
high rated
Great, i look forward to playing duke in 2019 but it's a shame Iron Maiden are such cocksuckers, screw them. It's the usual sue for every little thing crap.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
mechmouse: Absolute rubbish, there is absolutely no "brand confusion" between Ion Maiden the game and Iron Maiden the band and Iron Maiden the torture device.
Yea! And Ion Maiden isn't even that great of a band anyway!
mechmouse: Absolute rubbish, there is absolutely no "brand confusion" between Ion Maiden the game and Iron Maiden the band and Iron Maiden the torture device.
You're clearly not from the North East United States ;)
awesome, looking forward to it!
Day one.
Hopefully,it will come to GOG with achievement support.
Post edited July 11, 2019 by Pyromancer138
high rated
Iron Maiden has no true claim to the name iron maiden, ions, or maidens. if their inspiration comes from a torture device, it has nothing to do with a maiden with a will of iron, or in this case a maiden whose ions are out of control. If 3D Realms had used their exact font, music, Eddie, or any ACTUAL intellectual property created by the band instead then it would be justified. This is a classic case of a record company wanting every dime possible to further their corporatism. I find it hilarious the band, or most likely the record company, would even do this when they themselves experienced the same exact thing with author Frank Herbert who refused to let them use the name Dune in one of their songs tributing the book and story and so they changed it from Dune to "To Tame A Land". I hope Ion Maiden pokes and jabs the band in the game calling them middle aged "rockers" past their prime clinging to relevancy and needing cash to pay their rent.

I find it funny that they or any other band didn't attack Id Software when Doom I&II used their songs for their game(even if the songs are tweaked)
For me it doesn't matter, how they will call it, the only thing that matters is the gameplay and whole feel. :)
Post edited July 11, 2019 by OP-2019
low rated
I'm fine with the name change and I think the band had every right to file suit.
Not only that but ion and iron don't even rhyme or sound the same
Shame to Iron Maiden. I liked them when they weren't all about money.
The title change is no big deal in itself, the point is that this label infringment capitalist crap has reached pathetic and ridiculous points.
Anyway, I can't wait to play the full release! That lawsuit had me worried for a bit...
It's ionic that the in-game music sounds so much better than the entire Iron Maiden discography xD