It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
Fury sounds better than maiden to me. Just irked how people keep on abusing copyright and patents.

Is there any justification for the increase?
low rated
KISS tried to sue the University of Texas Longhorns for putting this on their recruitment posters, and you're chewing out Iron Maiden. :P

This is NOTHING compared to a lot of other trademark lawsuits out there.
Hallowed Be Thy Name, arguably their most famous song is not even written by themselves
low rated
wormholewizards: Hallowed Be Thy Name, arguably their most famous song is not even written by themselves
Pretty sure The Trooper is their highest charting/best selling single.

Maybe I'm wrong.
GOG.com: Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band.
I would say formerly popular band.
Thank God American lawyers helped me to see the light. Boy oh boy, I was worried that this game was related to iRon Maiden because I have difficulty reading the letter R.

Glad my life has been saved from such a vicious attack.
low rated
'Ion Maiden' just sounded cooler. But I gets it.

I suck at these first person shoot games anyhoohar.
I'm going to keep the last Ion Maiden build on my HDD.
ShadowWulfe: Thank God American lawyers helped me to see the light. Boy oh boy, I was worried that this game was related to iRon Maiden because I have difficulty reading the letter R.

Glad my life has been saved from such a vicious attack.
A bakery that sells shirts got suied for using the word CAT on them by the makers of the construction/etc vehicles/machines. Corporate suits these days are insane and mostly quick attempts at cash grabs.
I remember playing Duke Nukem at computer stores (instead of going to school) because I had no money to buy me a PC to play it at home. ;(

But later learned pickpocketing and eventually "earned" enough money to buy me a PC. \o/
NuffCatnip: I'm going to keep the last Ion Maiden build on my HDD.
first thing i thought as well.
PromZA: Is there any justification for the increase?
The "scope has doubled", which I guess means they've put more content into the game than initially planned when it first released in dev/early access.
NuffCatnip: I'm going to keep the last Ion Maiden build on my HDD.
fortune_p_dawg: first thing i thought as well.
Is the last Ion Maiden build still downloadable at this moment? I would like to get that one, too.
fortune_p_dawg: first thing i thought as well.
Anime-BlackWolf: Is the last Ion Maiden build still downloadable at this moment? I would like to get that one, too.
dunno, the download page says "ion fury" but the .exe is till named "ion maiden."
For me the game now costs 19.99 eur (22.3 usd). So will the price increase to 24.99 usd, or 24.99 eur?