It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Daily Flash Deals ⬥ free game with first purchase ⬥ more than 2000 deals across 3 weeks

UPDATE: No Man's Sky flies again! The game's multiplayer mode on GOG.COM has entered beta. It’s available now via GOG Galaxy on the „Experimental Multiplayer" beta branch and will be rolling out to everyone soon. Incidentally, the game is now 50% off until the end of the Winter Sale.

The stay-at-home season's festivities launch with free stuff, daily deals, personalized recommendations and more deals than ever before! All this goodness on GOG.COM – purveyors of the DRM-free spirit, curators of the best in gaming, and a friendly bunch of gamers overall.

The Winter Sale will last for 3 full weeks, till January 3.

Go on and treat yourself – unlock FREE games while you shop in the sale: get Fantasy General free with your first purchase, and EVERSPACE once all your Winter Sale spendings add up to $15.

DRM-free your Steam games – GOG Connect is back! Connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your DRM-free library. Some titles you can Connect include: Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee, Age of Wonders 3 and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director’s Cut. And there's a new batch of eligible titles each week, so check back regularly!

The Winter Sale kicks off with +1900 offers, and you can expect nearly every game on sale this Holiday Season.
Daily Deals, an old favorite returns – these are particularly high discounts available for 24 hours only. So check back at 2:00 PM UTC every day for eight new games you won't otherwise find in the Winter Sale.

The amount of deals in Winter Sale might make you feel a bit overwhelmed. We have your back! With our curated approach, we ensure that every GOG.COM release is worth it – and between 400-something new games added this year, you'll find our fresh favorites on sale like Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (-20%), Frostpunk (-33%), Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition (-35%), Stellaris (-60%), BATTLETECH (-30%), Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (-34%).

Other extremely good deals you should not miss include The Witcher: Wild Hunt GOTY (-60%), SWAT 4 (-50%), Homeworld: Remastered Collection (-80%), XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack (-80%), Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete (-66%), ELEX (-50%), The Witness (-75%) and more.

The Winter Sale ends on January 3, 11 PM UTC.
Sarang: Is there a way to organize the titles in my library according to genre or company? I would like to stack some of my titles together and I don't believe GOG ever created something so common sense.
You can filter your games by genre, but not by company. The filters are not very reliable though and they're no replacement to organizing your library the way you like it.

The only way to organize your whole library is using custom tags, which could be very time consuming depending on how meticulous you want to be with your tags and how many games you have.

EDIT: double posted.
Post edited December 25, 2018 by krugos2
I hope I didn't miss out on a Wizardry sale. Can't remember now.
Grargar: Unfortunately, this seems to be the case only for the frontpage (likely to cut down on the Winter Sale load). Auto-videoplaying thumbnails are still a thing when you are browsing the catalog.
You're right, I didn't bother browsing the catalog until I read your comment. Well... at least we now know that GOG web devs consider it as "doable" :)
RWarehall: Possibly, but it was tagged as "Winter Sale 2018 Deal" in the ajax script as opposed to having its own promo page as most launches do.
Sarang: THIS is my problem. I would've bought both IF GOG made it clear it would end around a specified date but they just up and end it.
As it stands I'm not going to pay more than $5 for either given that's the bar the sale price was set. I also think that was right as I own multiple copies of one of them, one digital, other physical on XBox and I bought a copy of the original on PS3. I have looked at the remaster and don't think the improvement is worth enough to double dip past $5 for the incentive of also being DRM-Free.
Bottom line, if GOG removes it before it hits $5 again I won't lose a wink of sleep. If 2K decides to be stupid and try to pull the same Bethesda pricing of $10 as the regular sale price I ain't biting.
I may be wrong, maybe someone can confirm for me, since I didn't buy a regular sale item yet.

But I did buy a few Daily Deal items and they all say "Winter Sale 2018 Deal" when I view the receipt. May the regular sale items have a different tag?

Reason I say this is, I could have sworn I bought both as part of a Daily Deal on December 17. Can anyone check their receipt to verify?

Happy holidays everyone and merry Christmas!
Post edited December 25, 2018 by gog2002x
high rated
gog2002x: But I did buy a few Daily Deal items and they all say "Winter Sale 2018 Deal" when I view the receipt. May the regular sale items have a different tag?

Happy holidays everyone and merry Christmas!
Unfortunately, the regular sale items have the same sale tag as daily deals, so we really have no way to know when any specific game leaves the sale. To my knowledge, there is no way to access the individual game timers except when listed as part of a promo which has its own page or when the timers appear on the front page. Beyond that, we have to rely on the communication from the news posts and there was no mention that the Bioshock deal was ending before the rest of the sale.

Nothing new today besides 3 of yesterday's LEGO games returning at a lowered discount as most of the Star Wars games had:
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (75% to 65% off)
LEGO® Star Wars™ - The Complete Saga (75% to 65% off)
LEGO® Star Wars™ III - The Clone Wars™ (75% to 65% off)
Skylar & Plux: Adventure On Clover Island €2.99 . Grab it while it's on sale .
Post edited December 25, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot
Thanks Disney and GOG, got LEGO® Indiana Jones™: The Original Adventures.

Btw, The Westport Independent base price on GOG is 8.89€ while on Steam it's 3.99€.
I'm just asking here for convenience's sake:
I'm looking for a game, and can't for the life of me remember its name. I thought it was some wordplay on Hamlet (Hamrick or sth) which apparently it's not...
About a little cartoon guy who dies a lot and has a magic book and/or pen to write things with that then help him to navigate the game world's obstacles/beat foes. Google does not know this game and suggests I buy Scribblenauts instead...

Edit: Ok, I found it - it's called Haimrik. Perfect example of how "wacky" spelling can really hurt sales...
Post edited December 25, 2018 by WildHobgoblin
https://en.ostrog.com/1671-Upcoming-SOMA-GOG-Giveaway-Leaked/
That may explain why it was removed from the sale early on.
RWarehall: That may explain why it was removed from the sale early on.
I wonder if they'll forfeit the giveaway now, thanks to that leak..
Post edited December 26, 2018 by phaolo
RWarehall: That may explain why it was removed from the sale early on.
phaolo: I wonder if they'll forfeit the giveaway now, thanks to that leak..
Have we gotten one Japanese game EVER given away? That would be neat and a first for GOG. I mean I love that they're possibly giving Soma away but it would be nice to see a non-Western game be a giveaway for once even if I already own it.
Sarang: Have we gotten one Japanese game EVER given away? That would be neat and a first for GOG. I mean I love that they're possibly giving Soma away but it would be nice to see a non-Western game be a giveaway for once even if I already own it.
Is King of Fighters a japanese game? Because they gave away KOF 2002 one or two years ago
Sarang: Have we gotten one Japanese game EVER given away? That would be neat and a first for GOG. I mean I love that they're possibly giving Soma away but it would be nice to see a non-Western game be a giveaway for once even if I already own it.
Desmight: Is King of Fighters a japanese game? Because they gave away KOF 2002 one or two years ago
Sorry you're right I forgot. I think I've gotten so use to seeing Western games given out it slipped my mind.
Panaias: Did GOG just remove auto-play videos on mouse hover?? I swear, I am on the front store page and there are no annoying auto-playing videos when I focus on games :D
Grargar: Unfortunately, this seems to be the case only for the frontpage (likely to cut down on the Winter Sale load). Auto-videoplaying thumbnails are still a thing when you are browsing the catalog.
You easily can get rid of the auto-playing videos by blocking youtube. But unfortunately you can not that easily get rid of the annoying mouse-over animations themselves. Even worse you have to trigger these animations when you want to reveal the hidden game names.
Post edited December 26, 2018 by eiii