It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: In other news, I see that The Fine Young Capitalists have selected a winner. Seems an interesting take on the genre...
A ghost themed Dungeon Master-type game After Life Empire.

http://www.thefineyoungcapitalists.com/
If you call things that happened a year ago news, then yes.
Brasas: and I will again state I appreciate your gumption and willingness to talk
Vainamoinen: We'll talk more when the serial abuser has left.
Playing the ¨professional victim¨ card when your arguments are gone? Not enough playing the ¨you are nazis¨ card? LOL who is abusing you? Do you need a GOG ¨safe space¨ where you can survive without the unfortunate backlash of people showing you how wrong you are in your methods that need to easily call others "abusers" or "nazis" just because they do not agree with you?
high rated
Vainamoinen: We'll talk more when the serial abuser has left.
YaTEdiGo: Playing the ¨professional victim¨ card when your arguments are gone? Not enough playing the ¨you are nazis¨ card? LOL who is abusing you? Do you need a GOG ¨safe space¨ where you can survive without the unfortunate backlash of people showing you how wrong you are in your methods that need to easily call others "abusers" or "nazis" just because they do not agree with you?
Not a good idea to ask that question, not even rhetorically. The reply from the offend-o-trons will always be a resounding 'YES!' With or without the irony.

There's some sites and forums that have since become 'safe spaces' and heavily filter out controversial topics or discussions (you know the sites, I'm sure). Yeah, just go lurk and read some posts. Hell, just scan random pages on Twitter or FB. Same thing. Safe spaces turn human beings into mind controlled drones. It's actually a hilarious process to watch people go from self-aware, mature adults into cowering bovines that typically join cults and bowling leagues. It's not just that political correctness is dangerous because of its wider implications socially. The simple fact is it turns human beings into pod people who are incapable of self awareness, self examination, or self deprecation. Worst of all? Safe spaces and safe speech makes people BORING and MEDIOCRE.
Not GG related, but well, I start the day by finding out that The Witness and Braid are on GOG, and that reminded me early in the release of The Witness, Blow stated a strong support for DRM, which seemed to be the reason for the friction between him and GOG. I wonder what led him to accept the benefits of DRM free games.
LeonardoCornejo: Not GG related, but well, I start the day by finding out that The Witness and Braid are on GOG, and that reminded me early in the release of The Witness, Blow stated a strong support for DRM, which seemed to be the reason for the friction between him and GOG. I wonder what led him to accept the benefits of DRM free games.
Not exactly true. He stated some complaints about his game being pirated a lot and Tweeted how this might lead him to using DRM in a future title, but previous to that he seemed to lean somewhat anti-DRM.

The main snag for his games coming here, from reading his old Tweets, seemed to be contractual issues involving control of pricing and sales pricing. My best "reading between the lines" was that he wanted full control to put his game on sale at any moment, while GoG curates their sale events. He also seemed to dislike other clauses in the contract and wanted them removed. For all I know some of those clauses, GoG might consider essential to their business model. Either way, the exact details of the dispute are not perfectly clear given the 140 character nature of the public grievances.

As to DRM, I wouldn't throw Jonathon Blow under the bus as a DRM supporter just yet. He seems to have a tendency to Tweet his unfiltered mind and was likely upset to see his creation at the top of the "Most Pirated Games List". I'll wait to see him release a game with DRM before I put him in that group.
LeonardoCornejo: Not GG related, but well, I start the day by finding out that The Witness and Braid are on GOG, and that reminded me early in the release of The Witness, Blow stated a strong support for DRM, which seemed to be the reason for the friction between him and GOG. I wonder what led him to accept the benefits of DRM free games.
RWarehall: Not exactly true. He stated some complaints about his game being pirated a lot and Tweeted how this might lead him to using DRM in a future title, but previous to that he seemed to lean somewhat anti-DRM.

The main snag for his games coming here, from reading his old Tweets, seemed to be contractual issues involving control of pricing and sales pricing. My best "reading between the lines" was that he wanted full control to put his game on sale at any moment, while GoG curates their sale events. He also seemed to dislike other clauses in the contract and wanted them removed. For all I know some of those clauses, GoG might consider essential to their business model. Either way, the exact details of the dispute are not perfectly clear given the 140 character nature of the public grievances.

As to DRM, I wouldn't throw Jonathon Blow under the bus as a DRM supporter just yet. He seems to have a tendency to Tweet his unfiltered mind and was likely upset to see his creation at the top of the "Most Pirated Games List". I'll wait to see him release a game with DRM before I put him in that group.
I do not consider him a DRM zealot, and did not know about all the other stuff. I just knew that he was starting to grow supportive of DRM lately. But I hope GOG customers will make him notice DRM is bad for business in the end.
Nice little song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYd5cRlROE Also read the first comment, it got in a copyright dispute over nothing.

I will be officially ''back '' this weekend!
Emob78: ... Safe spaces turn human beings into mind controlled drones. It's actually a hilarious process to watch people go from self-aware, mature adults into cowering bovines ...
Funny thing, I see it as quite opposite.
In my opinion, self-awareness cannot be lost. But most people never reach the point of self-awareness when they really FORGIVE the world that it doesn't revolve around them and that it also isn't the just place in the straightforward, simple way of fairy-tales. Many people didn't even accept it, but they still have to deal with it somehow (that is also why we - as human beings - care so much about fictious stories and characters, the world "as-is" isn't good enough for us). The default way is to embrace some ideology that give some sense of purpose to the life and some order to the world. So far so good.
And then they find ideology that teach:
1) Every time you feel something is hurting you, it is grave injustice that must be addressed by the whole society
and
2) the only thing you have to do then is crying loudly "you are mean to me!" until it stops.
And so far, it seems to work!
Then it is hard to resist the urge to join. Political correctness is the symptom rather than the cause.

By the way, boring and mediocre isn't the worst possible outcome. My vision of "Brave new world by SJW" is full of deeply neurotic people who are perpetually enraged by the abuses others could commit on them and in the same time anxious about the abuses they could commit on the others.
Easily manipulated all right, but more in a "so agitated they cannot think straight" than "so brainwashed they cannot think at all" way.
So you remember how many people left reddit for voat after the shit that went down with chairman Pao? They chose the freer alternative. The many redditors who allegedly harassed poor oppressed Poa off of reddit? Those who were so against inclusion they had to move to a new site not run by a person of color.

Well as a comparison, we now have GamerGhazi migrating as well. To Imzy. Which is a safe space site found by former reddit employees that focuses on ''positive communities''. And here's the catch; the Ghazi utopia is invite only. Inclusion / 10 (as is the whole site). So a group of progressives working for the emancipation of minorities from dur evil patriarchy is on a invite only site so they can complain about lack of inclusivity in peace.
I present Ed Smith of the International Business Times.

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/731670568114622464
https://twitter.com/LunarArchivist/status/731631334494441472
http://techraptor.net/content/rebuttal-edges-doom-review-wasnt-ahead-times

and archive of article in question.

http://archive.is/ayDt5
''I write clickbait because my writing has no value and people won't click on it unless they're tricked into doing so''.
"I admit, proudly, that I entered into that article - and dozens more - to denigrate games, gaming and gamers" why he is a journalist, when he is just a petty troll?
GabesterOne: "I admit, proudly, that I entered into that article - and dozens more - to denigrate games, gaming and gamers" why he is a journalist, when he is just a petty troll?
It's going to sound like a "weird AL" song but, It's all about the clickbait
Rusty_Gunn: It's going to sound like a "weird AL" song but, It's all about the clickbait
That is so true, but he is a loser for actually looking up that old review of doom 1 and used it for his opinion piece. That is the first time i've heard "just talk to the monsters".
Rusty_Gunn: It's going to sound like a "weird AL" song but, It's all about the clickbait
GabesterOne: That is so true, but he is a loser for actually looking up that old review of doom 1 and used it for his opinion piece. That is the first time i've heard "just talk to the monsters".
Yeah, it was for me as well. Granted, I was more of a PCGamer reader than an Edge reader