It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
about time I go to bed.. I just know I'm going to miss something amazing :(
Did Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic pass by? I've been trying to watch the sale, but... life gets in the way. =/
Fictionvision: Good news everyone!

If this lasts another 25 min or so it will beat the reign of Jack Keane 2.
Retro City Rampage already did that, my friend. If memory serves, that thing lasted a good eight hours...

golea: easy
I'm giving it an hour at least.

That's not good news! :(

Chevette: No it won't. Jack Keane 2 was only 100 copies.
Everyone forgets that. 100 copies over 4.5 hours is physically painful.
deathmyrk: I miss my NES. I bought 4 copies of them over my lifetime, the last actually worked perfect. Had all the greats. Til the hurricane ate it. I have a 2600 but no compatible TV for it.
There is always emulation.

Didn't those 100 copies take over five hours to sell out?
Simbabluenobi: Nah ... The 7800 because it could play all the 2600 games Plus the new advanced 7800 games. I still have two 7800 systems (one is broke) and about 200 games or so ... most with manuals and boxes :)
saruchan: Ah, but do you have ET?
dude I had my mom take me to toys r' us and I BOUGHT ET for the atari, back when they sold atari games.

I actually played, liked, and understood that game.
I didn't understand the negative hype behind the game.

OF course I was a young kid at the time, but still.

I thought someone else beat Jack Keane
Okay, one more shameless plug before I go to bed. I'll respond to any messages in the morning!

You can get a free copy of a fun old Sci-Fi Rogue-Like, "Jaunttrooper: Mission Thunderbolt" either by writing the author at megacorp@aol.com or sending me a PM here!

And vote it up on the wishlist: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/jaunttrooper_mission_thunderbolt

If you email the author, please encourage him to submit the game here, as it would make a great freebie and he doesn't seem interested in getting any money from it anymore.

Then its on its way to Retro City Rampage!!!.Woohoooooo!!!

when was that? I completely missed it? I don't really mind though.

I meant in time up, but...

MrJeeves84: Retro City Rampage already did that, my friend. If memory serves, that thing lasted a good eight hours...
Good lord, I didn't think it was that long as I went to sleep right after it started and got up what I thought was about 7 hours later and it was gone.
I remember adding my first hard drive to a Commodore 64....Darn things would burn out after about 6 months.....All so I could play the infocom text adventure games...