It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
CarrionCrow: Anybody know of a way to contact Sinistar? If they're not available, who's doing the tracker thread?
I suppose any Insomnia Sale must perforce fall into my purview. So track I shall. But I shall be relying heavily on the many wonderful support folks here, because my time is very limited at the moment.

And I did say that Insomnia would be coming. :)
CarrionCrow: Anybody know of a way to contact Sinistar? If they're not available, who's doing the tracker thread?
IAmSinistar: I suppose any Insomnia Sale must perforce fall into my purview. So track I shall. But I shall be relying heavily on the many wonderful support folks here, because my time is very limited at the moment.

And I did say that Insomnia would be coming. :)
Not a problem, we've got your back. Just need someone willing to take the first step. =)

And yes, you did. I didn't do that nearly so much as screaming that I just wanted another one. Didn't think much beyond that. -laughs-
Grargar: Spring Insomnia was in May last year, so maybe later? Still, we got no weekly staff pick as of yet.
Cypisss: Oooh. No Weekly Staff Picks? I wonder... But that could mean SOOOO many things, right? :)
Oh, hell no! :-) Spring Insomnia Sale it is then! :-)
bioshark: He hates flash sales :)
Maxvorstadt: I fugured out the meaning of the first three words "I hate this" but google translate refused to translate the last word!
villámakcíókat = flash sale.

No need for google translate for me, I'm a native speaker.
Post edited March 02, 2015 by bioshark
Better get a second cup of coffee then, and quickly check my bank account. :)
BillyMaysFan59: Better get a second cup of coffee then, and quickly check my bank account. :)
-laughs- You sound like me. Just got through doing both those things.
bioshark: No need for google translate for me, I'm a native speaker.
Ennek örülök . :)
BillyMaysFan59: Better get a second cup of coffee then, and quickly check my bank account. :)
CarrionCrow: -laughs- You sound like me. Just got through doing both those things.
Not exactly sure if I'll buy a lot of stuff though... still trying to cut back on impulse buying.
bioshark: No need for google translate for me, I'm a native speaker.
ne_zavarj: Ennek örülök . :)
ez csak egy a 4-bol :)
CarrionCrow: -laughs- You sound like me. Just got through doing both those things.
BillyMaysFan59: Not exactly sure if I'll buy a lot of stuff though... still trying to cut back on impulse buying.
Is your wishlist totally cleared?
Well, in that case maybe it's a good thing I'm having to wait on replacement plastic. No online buying for me until it comes in. Seven-10 days should put me safely beyond the danger zone... although if something really really amazing pops up, I might cave in and use the backup plan....
bioshark: ez csak egy a 4-bol :)
Ezért viszont irigyellek . :)
BillyMaysFan59: Not exactly sure if I'll buy a lot of stuff though... still trying to cut back on impulse buying.
CarrionCrow: Is your wishlist totally cleared?
No, but I've managed to ignore it. (amazing that I've been able to control myself in that regard) I've been focusing more on playing the games I bought, with the little time I have for them. :-P
"Double Insomnia", eh? So two deals up at once? And perhaps they both end when the first sells out? That would be interesting...
IAmSinistar: "Double Insomnia", eh? So two deals up at once? And perhaps they both end when the first sells out? That would be interesting...
Just waiting for it to start. Not 100 percent on specifics, but it'll be figured out in a hurry. -laughs-