It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Shendue: Don't be silly. The Sega Wondermega is the best console of all time.
REZistance: Don't be ridiculous. The Atari 2600 is the best console of all time.
Nah ... The 7800 because it could play all the 2600 games Plus the new advanced 7800 games. I still have two 7800 systems (one is broke) and about 200 games or so ... most with manuals and boxes :)
RandomJC: Soo how many games we got left?
Infin8ty: Way too many, especially with Omerta coming.....
If Omega comes after this one then I will go to sleep, that could take many hours.
oh no i can't believe hotline miami is still here...!
gscotti: Tower as in tower PC, I suppose. Sounds like a silly question, but my son and I build towers all the time. Usually from LEGO, but often also from wooden blocks and lately, from Pringles boxes.
golea: remember the time, when games were sold in boxes? Cardboard boxes?
That cardboard big box goodness.
gscotti: Tower as in tower PC, I suppose. Sounds like a silly question, but my son and I build towers all the time. Usually from LEGO, but often also from wooden blocks and lately, from Pringles boxes.
yep those were the days and packaging wasnt over done
Shendue: Don't be silly. The Sega Wondermega is the best console of all time.
REZistance: Don't be ridiculous. The Atari 2600 is the best console of all time.
http://youtu.be/sD9GySeh2t4
Palidor12: Yes, I did hear it opens up in Chapter 11.

I don't enjoy the paradigm system and having to micromanage roles. i also HATE the fact that when your leader dies it's game over, and you cannot choose your leader until the later chapters (and I'm not there yet).

Thanks for frying to cheer me up, but I don't think there's any redeeming this game for me. :-(

What sucks is I bought FFXIII-2 before I even played FFXIII and I hear the battle system is the same. :-( :-(
Oh, god, I forgot about the leader death = game over scenario. That, in particular, is something I'm really glad XIII-2 fixed.

Unfortunately, the battle system in XIII-2 is still the paradigm system. Even more unfortunately, it's a much easier game on the whole than XIII, such that extensive micromanaging and stuff is never really required outside of a few battles. All of the hardest ones are strictly optional. Most of the time, I just stayed COM RAV RAV and pressed auto battle forever.
implord66: I had a roommate in college who got violent whenever we popped in Double Dash. I was afraid for my life if I won a race.
Daz12380: you let him win?
Most of the time! If I had to do an all nighter at work I risked it and tried to win.
Simbabluenobi: Nah ... The 7800 because it could play all the 2600 games Plus the new advanced 7800 games. I still have two 7800 systems (one is broke) and about 200 games or so ... most with manuals and boxes :)
Ah, but do you have ET?
Dawezy: Did I miss Theme Hospital? woke up not long ago.
Don't think so, there have been a couple (RCR and the current Hotline Miami) that have been hours.
Shendue: http://youtu.be/sD9GySeh2t4
2600 nooo... atari jaguar is the best =P
Daz12380: yep those were the days and packaging wasnt over done
Today you have to buy special collectors editions if you want some cardboard.
Shendue: Be serious, Intellivision shits all over it.
Mmmmmmm, that wonderful disk controller that is super awkward to hold....

I actually have an Intellivision 2 at home (it's my parents, I'm only 19, but I'm the only one who uses it anymore, so....). I remember having to splice together the satellite-bunny-ear connector to a coax in order for it to work on anything because we didn't have anything else to convert it (yay for electrical tape!). I also love BurgerTime! and Night Stalker. And I'm boss at Demon Attack.
Russonc: My Vectrex still works great...bring it out a couple times a year... :)
All I had was an Atari 2600 with about 70 games, and one of those handheld portable Pac-Man games. Heh, that brings back a memory... I had been playing Pac-Man for many many hours, there is no pause on it and no savegames... I had a score in the 60000+ range which was my all time high score and was doing great but on my last man... A friend of mine came over to visit, came in the room and tripped over the power cord and killed my game. I was soooooo pissed. LOL
Daz12380: you let him win?
implord66: Most of the time! If I had to do an all nighter at work I risked it and tried to win.
best excuse for not turning up