It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
Just woke up. What game(s) did i miss ?
None, it's still Hotline Miami ;-P
peanutsticks: It. Still. Has. 228 to go. Oh My!

Time to download a new game to pass the time. Hopefully Beneath the Steel Sky is fun *crosses fingers*
golea: Yes it is. Probably the best title out of the free ones.
Coming from someone who isn't really a big puzzle gamer. I enjoyed it.
jfelsman: Desura :

Astro Emporia.

Simple time waster game.

Be nice if you review it. It's a WIP :P

HCE1O-8LYO8-I670L-Z5X2Z-JKTDK
Thank you! Downloading now.
Sylenall: I'd say it's well past time that this poor sale design is officially starting to piss me off.

I had a day off today, I figured that would be enough time to get the one or two games I was looking for(Nexus, no mouth), turns out I was wrong. I never imagined that this thing would draaag on for 3 nights, Insomnia sale? Yeah, but only because you keep trying to shove horribly over-saturated games down our throats in absurd quantities. Now I have to get to work early tomorrow and have to choose between sleep and possibly missing my games because of it.

GOG doesn't care how long a game sits to sell 600+ copies, they are still making each and every sale.
CorranHorn: I think they do, the problem is that they probably can´t change it now. I also think they are going to do a survey about the whole sale, asking what people did like and what they didn´t like. I would´ve never "endured" this without all the funny comments and the nostalgia talk about old games and movies, that is what made me stay. I really didn´t care so much for the games, In fact I never really planned on getting any at all but this thread changed my mind.
yep, chatting keeps the morale high! :D
jfelsman: Desura :

Astro Emporia.

Simple time waster game.

Be nice if you review it. It's a WIP :P

HCE1O-8LYO8-I670L-Z5X2Z-JKTDK
jasperline: Thank you! Downloading now.
NP's it's currently undergoing a lot of re-construction so should be better in the nearish future :P
jasperline: If there was a way to be-friend half of everyone that has posted in this fourm, I totally would. I have gotten some amazing reviews, ideas on games I should try and am impressed with (most) everyones attitude even though this sale has hit the wall quite a few times.

[hugs] you're what makes the community great, please don't change!
Chevette: This community is so much better than some others. Over on Steam anytime you ask a question half the replies are trolls or jerks just being nasty. Here, people actulally try to help you. GOG people are the best!
Chevette , you , I think have been here through most of it , if not all , and are a good example for the community, I know others feel that way too. And you have made this more pleasant. Thank You.
Any Dean R. Koontz fans on GoG=)?
Or David Eddings
Post edited November 16, 2013 by CorranHorn
Don't we still have a few dozen more games to go through? At this rate the Insomnia promo could very well outlast the current weekend promo...
question aout about BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE. is there a full screen option cause i was looking on steam and the ee edition was available to buy and it said features full widescreen support. havent downoaded yet still playing the first
CorranHorn: Any Dean R. Koontz fans on GoG=)?
Offf course!

Love The Taking.
Dammit, I should have made that nap a little longer. :(

*is watching Gurren Lagann*
Chevette: It was a real trendsetter, as it turns out.
This has probably motivated the devs and they're working on a sequel as we speak. Coming on sale, next autumn, be ready, beware.
CharlesGrey: Don't we still have a few dozen more games to go through? At this rate the Insomnia promo could very well outlast the current weekend promo...
I wouldn't be surprised if this promo makes it all the way into Tuesday. The third round started on Thursday evening (EST), if I'm not mistaken. I don't think we're even at the halfway point yet.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by Palidor12
Daz12380: question aout about BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE. is there a full screen option cause i was looking on steam and the ee edition was available to buy and it said features full widescreen support. havent downoaded yet still playing the first
Yes there should be a settings for that, also you can hide every icon using H, (if I recall correctly).