It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
CorranHorn: Any Dean R. Koontz fans on GoG=)?
Or David Eddings
Indeed, Koontz has some good ones. Especially the Odd Thomas series. They're working on a movie with Anton Yelchin as Odd. That should be a good match.
Chevette: What if all the Hotline Miami fans wake up or get off work or whatever and come buy it in the next 5 minutes, then all you naysayers who think you need sleep will regret it! You will!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* reachs out pats his copy of HM falls back to sleep* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Chevette: This community is so much better than some others. Over on Steam anytime you ask a question half the replies are trolls or jerks just being nasty. Here, people actulally try to help you. GOG people are the best!
cjc7: Chevette , you , I think have been here through most of it , if not all , and are a good example for the community, I know others feel that way too. And you have made this more pleasant. Thank You.
Aww thanks! Couldn't have done it without the rest of you though.

*hugs all around*
Daz12380: question aout about BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE. is there a full screen option cause i was looking on steam and the ee edition was available to buy and it said features full widescreen support. havent downoaded yet still playing the first
There is a patch that says "widescreen" but actually allows you to set it at any resolution you want. I haven't tried it for BG2 but it's the exact same patch used for Planescape and it worked beautifully for that.

You should be able to find a link to it in the Planescape forums.

Or did I get ninjad there. :P
Post edited November 16, 2013 by tinyE
@anyone
How would you rate Expeditions: Conquistador out of 100?
Post edited November 16, 2013 by JohnnyDollar
Daz12380: question aout about BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE. is there a full screen option cause i was looking on steam and the ee edition was available to buy and it said features full widescreen support. havent downoaded yet still playing the first
CorranHorn: Yes there should be a settings for that, also you can hide every icon using H, (if I recall correctly).
thanks seems like the ee edition is misleading
Hehehe... Guess I had a couple too many people watching for WC4 for me. Anyone want a code? Send me a PM.
Widescreen support isn't quite native to Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, but there is a very easy to use tool available that mods the game to support pretty much every resolution ever.
Or David Eddings
I've only read one Koontz, Watchers, Think how much fun it would be to have a talking dog...
Donjo: Widescreen support isn't quite native to Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, but there is a very easy to use tool available that mods the game to support pretty much every resolution ever.
i dont seem to understand the meaning of widescreen
Or David Eddings
Stilton: I've only read one Koontz, Watchers, Think how much fun it would be to have a talking dog...
I read that book too. On the one hand, it would be neat. But I'm not sure I want a pet smarter than me. XD
Chevette: This community is so much better than some others. Over on Steam anytime you ask a question half the replies are trolls or jerks just being nasty. Here, people actulally try to help you. GOG people are the best!
cjc7: Chevette , you , I think have been here through most of it , if not all , and are a good example for the community, I know others feel that way too. And you have made this more pleasant. Thank You.
The GOG community is indeed amazing. Obviously, it's not entirely free of trolls and nasty people, but it's mostly helpful guys with awesome taste in videogames (and, as I'm sure you'll find out in time, lots of other good stuff).

Be sure to visit the sub-forums of the games you just bought during this sale, they are amazing hubs for discussing what you liked and/or disliked about the games, getting support and basically hanging around with like-minded people. In some of those sub-forums you might even run into some developer or other (I know there are Nordic Games guys out there, and Primordia's writer, Mark, usually hangs around every day).
Guess I might redownload XCOM EU while I wait for this too disappear
As others have pointed out, there's a very simple mod for BG 1 or 2 that enables widescreen.
Check the GOG forum for Baldur's Gate, there's a sticky thread about it.

In general, you're better off playing the original BG 1 & 2 with mods than buying the ee edition.
Just a question... Did anyone else ahve that Major error when trying to run Battle Isle 3? I can'T find any solution for that kind of problem... : (