It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Deals so good, you won't want to fall asleep.
You remember back when you used to walk into a store, browse the shelves, pick out a game, and then buy it--all in the actual real world? We don't know about you, but most of us at GOG.com have had our limbs atrophy to small vestigial nubbins since all of our shopping happens online these days. Of course, one thing that sometimes happens in real world stores with real world goods--particularly when they have a good sale--is that they run out of stock. Usually that means that the deal was so good that they couldn't keep up with demand.

Well, in the digital realm, this is usually pretty rare. How do you run out of stock on digital games, short of entropy devouring the universe? Well, we have gotten 101 games that will be on sale on the front page of GOG.com, but the discounts are so high at the moment that we can't just sell an unlimited number of copies of these games: we are only able to sell a few at these discounts--up to 80% off--and once they're gone, they're gone.

So what games will be on sale in our Insomnia promo? Bestselling classics and new games alike. There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is. The deal will run from now until we're out of "stock" of games for the sale, and games may show up more than once. So it's time to bathe in a tub of coffee*, dip some espresso**, snort an energy drink***, or do whatever else it takes to stay up so you don't miss out on the best deals on fantastic games on GOG.com since summer.
*This is probably not a good idea
**This is definitely not a good idea
***This is totally safe, though****
****NO IT'S NOT WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CRAZY PERSON
Post edited November 13, 2013 by TheEnigmaticT
cjc7: Chevette , you , I think have been here through most of it , if not all , and are a good example for the community, I know others feel that way too. And you have made this more pleasant. Thank You.
groze: The GOG community is indeed amazing. Obviously, it's not entirely free of trolls and nasty people, but it's mostly helpful guys with awesome taste in videogames (and, as I'm sure you'll find out in time, lots of other good stuff).

Be sure to visit the sub-forums of the games you just bought during this sale, they are amazing hubs for discussing what you liked and/or disliked about the games, getting support and basically hanging around with like-minded people. In some of those sub-forums you might even run into some developer or other (I know there are Nordic Games guys out there, and Primordia's writer, Mark, usually hangs around every day).
Indeed, I've been visiting them for some time now anytime I need to know where to get a mod or what might make my game work on my system, the fine GOG community has had the answers.
groze: The GOG community is indeed amazing. Obviously, it's not entirely free of trolls and nasty people, but it's mostly helpful guys with awesome taste in videogames (and, as I'm sure you'll find out in time, lots of other good stuff).
Hehe, checked the Psychonaut size btw ;-)
Donjo: Widescreen support isn't quite native to Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, but there is a very easy to use tool available that mods the game to support pretty much every resolution ever.
Daz12380: i dont seem to understand the meaning of widescreen
Widescreen is any 16:9, 16:10 resolution, such as 1366*768, 1680*1050, etc.
Those weren't very common yet when BG was released.

Again, with this thread:
http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/newbie_guide_modding_bg1_if_you_buy_bg1_bg2_from_gog
and that one:
http://www.gog.com/forum/baldurs_gate_series/baldurs_gate_2_essential_mods
you're pretty much set.
Post edited November 16, 2013 by MasodikTiasma
JohnnyDollar: @anyone
How would you rate Expeditions: Conquistador out of 100?
It's very much like a new Oregon Trail. Lots of desperate situations where you choose your highest priorities. I dug it for a few weeks and then just sort of got sick of the whole thing immediately and stopped playing. The writing is very good, but the interface and graphics are rough. Watch some gameplay footage on YouTube.
CorranHorn: Any Dean R. Koontz fans on GoG=)?
jasperline: Offf course!

Love The Taking.
Only read most of his earlier books, that is one book among many I now added to my list=).

Never read his books in english, but the ones I´ve read was really good. Phantoms was awesome and the movie was pretty good too, The Hideaway was a good book and the movie was ok,

Dark rivers of the heart, that book was freaking scary=).
groze is a custard tart

OMNOMMOMONOM
Donjo: Widescreen support isn't quite native to Baldur's Gate 2 Complete, but there is a very easy to use tool available that mods the game to support pretty much every resolution ever.
Ah, I think I understand. Widescreen denotes a screen which is much wider than it is tall. BGII will always allow you to play the game in fullscreen, ie. the game fills your entire screen. However, if your monitor is wide, the game will be horizontally stretched and look rather odd.

The mod we've been mentioning allows BGII to be played on a widescreen monitor, in full screen, without things being stretched.
Daz12380: question aout about BALDUR'S GATE 2 COMPLETE. is there a full screen option cause i was looking on steam and the ee edition was available to buy and it said features full widescreen support. havent downoaded yet still playing the first
MasodikTiasma: As others have pointed out, there's a very simple mod for BG 1 or 2 that enables widescreen.
Check the GOG forum for Baldur's Gate, there's a sticky thread about it.

In general, you're better off playing the original BG 1 & 2 with mods than buying the ee edition.
Thank you.

i brought the ee edition of the first one mainly cause it as 75% off and my mate kept telling me how good it was but i brought the second one on here.
Bored?

Do what I do and play a game while you wait!

I use OnTopReplica (Win 7/8 http://ontopreplica.codeplex.com/) to keep an eye on the sale status while I'm playing Tower of Guns (https://indiegamestand.com/).

With this sale, surely others are doing something similar. What are you playing, folks?
MasodikTiasma: Widescreen is any 16:9, 16:10 resolution, such as 1366*768, 1680*1050, etc.
"not very common" :) I used a quite small CRT back then.
cjc7: Chevette , you , I think have been here through most of it , if not all , and are a good example for the community, I know others feel that way too. And you have made this more pleasant. Thank You.

Be sure to visit the sub-forums of the games you just bought during this sale, they are amazing hubs for discussing what you liked and/or disliked about the games, getting support and basically hanging around with like-minded people. In some of those sub-forums you might even run into some developer or other (I know there are Nordic Games guys out there, and Primordia's writer, Mark, usually hangs around every day).
Thanks, I hope I will have enough brain cells left to remember that, I'd make a note of it , but would surly loose the note ..That sounds like fun , too :)
MasodikTiasma: As others have pointed out, there's a very simple mod for BG 1 or 2 that enables widescreen.
Check the GOG forum for Baldur's Gate, there's a sticky thread about it.

In general, you're better off playing the original BG 1 & 2 with mods than buying the ee edition.
Daz12380: Thank you.

i brought the ee edition of the first one mainly cause it as 75% off and my mate kept telling me how good it was but i brought the second one on here.
Ah, well, if you own both games on GOG (or in general both games in the old version, not the ee), there's a great mod to make one giant single game out of them. Maybe when it'll be on sale you'd wanna purchase BG1 here again?
Donjo: Ah, I think I understand. Widescreen denotes a screen which is much wider than it is tall. BGII will always allow you to play the game in fullscreen, ie. the game fills your entire screen. However, if your monitor is wide, the game will be horizontally stretched and look rather odd.

The mod we've been mentioning allows BGII to be played on a widescreen monitor, in full screen, without things being stretched.
thanks for clearing that up for me.
MasodikTiasma: Widescreen is any 16:9, 16:10 resolution, such as 1366*768, 1680*1050, etc.
golea: "not very common" :) I used a quite small CRT back then.
You got me there. What's a CRT?

P.S (no, it's not a hidden "what's a paladin?" reference)
First couple of people to PM me can have a key for :
http://www.desura.com/games/astro-emporia

on Desura :P
Post edited November 16, 2013 by jfelsman